W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Potential buyer. Quesions after test drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2016 | 11:37 PM

14 GL550; 14 E63s
Potential buyer. Quesions after test drive

Just had an extended test drive with a 2014 E63 S. Only has 5700 miles and is pristine. Had a 2009 and 2012 C63 for reference. Just got out of an M5.

Wow is this thing fast off the line! I had forgotten what traction felt like. The M5's traction control always lit up like a christmas tree.

Had read about the transmission lag and I experienced it. It's livable, but night/day difference from my DCT in the M5. Are the sprintbooster and pedalbox viable fixes? I'm not going to lose my cruise control.

Does the side view mirror not fold down when going in reverse? The manual was not in the car and I could not find a setting in the menus.

Car has B&O which sounds nice. Wish they would have put the sub in the trunk and kept the spare underneath. I can always carry a can of goo and just keep the spare in the garage I guess.

Is 78k for a pristine 2014 E63 S CPO (2 total years left) with 5700 miles a decent price? MSRP 112k. Vehicle was bought and hardly driven local. Great history and again, pristine condition.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-02-2016 | 11:58 PM

no MBs at the moment :(
I'll let others chime in on the price, but can address 2 other points based on my 2016 wagon:

1) side mirror: you have to have the right mirror selected on the switch on the driver's arm rest for it to automatically tilt down in reverse

2) I have an inflatable spare with my B&O. It's still better than just a can of fix-a-flat
Old 11-03-2016 | 08:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Price should be a little lower maybe $70-72 pre tax even though it's got only 5700 miles and was msrp $112k

was it built in 2014 or 2013?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ct-e63s-4.html
Old 11-04-2016 | 03:11 PM
AG6

13 GL550
Originally Posted by Shellbmb

Car has B&O which sounds nice. Wish they would have put the sub in the trunk and kept the spare underneath. I can always carry a can of goo and just keep the spare in the garage I guess.
Side question: does b & o remove spare from car? Do those cars have RFT?
Old 11-04-2016 | 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by AG6
My wagon came with an OEM inflatable spare from the factory.
Old 11-04-2016 | 10:13 PM

14 GL550; 14 E63s
Originally Posted by AG6

No, they include it in a bag that's just laying in the trunk. It's tied down, but takes up a lot of space. That combined with the extra speaker hanging down from the rear deck, the trunk space is reduced like they indicate when you select it. If you look under the trunk mat, the subwoofer is taking up the space where the tire should go, but not all of it. For the size of the sub, I would have preferred to have that located in the trunk and just kept the spare where it should be. Maybe that would have a negative impact on sound. Don't know. I do like the B&O sound.
Old 11-05-2016 | 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shellbmb
No, they include it in a bag that's just laying in the trunk. It's tied down, but takes up a lot of space. That combined with the extra speaker hanging down from the rear deck, the trunk space is reduced like they indicate when you select it. If you look under the trunk mat, the subwoofer is taking up the space where the tire should go, but not all of it. For the size of the sub, I would have preferred to have that located in the trunk and just kept the spare where it should be. Maybe that would have a negative impact on sound. Don't know. I do like the B&O sound.
Hmm... didn't realize the wagon and sedan were so different. The wagon doesn't seem to have any less room compared to non-B&O wagons. It also has an inflatable spare.