another pureturbo upgraded e63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Fairbird
TCU responsible for shifting and oil pressure , all the limits in the ECU , I had of the shelf stage 1 from them , no tq limits were removed . when I had bulletproff trans they removed them , I can tell the different in my 0-60 times
I see. I feel bad that your experience has been such a disaster, but it seems that it has been somewhat isolated. Or maybe others haven't been as transparent as you have. Thanks for being so open with your experiences.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:26 PM

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by TMC M5
I see. I feel bad that your experience has been such a disaster, but it seems that it has been somewhat isolated. Or maybe others haven't been as transparent as you have. Thanks for being so open with your experiences.
The amount I lost of $ is insane , I'm open so no one else will loose their $
The following 3 users liked this post by Fairbird:
CerBErusM113 (09-22-2017), viren.89 (01-29-2017), Zod (01-29-2017)
Old 01-29-2017, 12:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
M3
From crank walk to HPFP, vanos, rod bearing, head bolts, transmission, electrical failure, etc..... Every platform has its what ifs and possibilities and we all know the pros and cons of modding cars of this level. Why is everybody ready to cry? All this negativity in here is sad haha.

Loving these turbo upgrades, can't wait to get mine done, time for these things to hit a track or 1/2 mile event!
The following users liked this post:
gaspam (01-29-2017)
Old 01-29-2017, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by M-Theory
From crank walk to HPFP, vanos, rod bearing, head bolts, transmission, electrical failure, etc..... Every platform has its what ifs and possibilities and we all know the pros and cons of modding cars of this level. Why is everybody ready to cry? All this negativity in here is sad haha.

Loving these turbo upgrades, can't wait to get mine done, time for these things to hit a track or 1/2 mile event!
i agree totally... this is probably also one of main reasons why BMW and AUDI aftermarket is bigger and faster and in the 7's and mercedes barely in the 9s
Old 01-29-2017, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by gaspam
i agree totally... this is probably also one of main reasons why BMW and AUDI aftermarket is bigger and faster and in the 7's and mercedes barely in the 9s
I know that was sarcasm, you know that's not the real reason...
Old 01-29-2017, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

any true tuners can take out our ecu and run standalone/ piggy backs like UGR, ams etc do.... there just isnt the demand in the MB crowd like there is audi/BMW etc

people here are worried about a tranny problem... audi/ bmw forums they are like "F$ck it, just a chance to build it bigger stronger if it breaks"

why dont we see any MBs like this out there? (anyone that says because thats not practical or that ruins the car just proves my point ... MB guys in general arent willing to go as ***** out as audi/ bmw guys.... nothing wrong with it, but its the truth )

Last edited by gaspam; 01-29-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
TCU responsible for shifting and oil pressure , all the limits in the ECU , I had of the shelf stage 1 from them , no tq limits were removed . when I had bulletproff trans they removed them , I can tell the different in my 0-60 times
sounds like once the trq limits were removed, the "bulletproof" trans still couldn't handle that much power at low rpm, so things broke...
Old 01-29-2017, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

any true tuners can take out our ecu and run standalone/ piggy backs like UGR, ams etc do.... there just isnt the demand in the MB crowd like there is audi/BMW etc

people here are worried about a tranny problem... audi/ bmw forums they are like "F$ck it, just a chance to build it bigger stronger if it breaks"

why dont we see any MBs like this out there? (anyone that says because thats not practical or that ruins the car just proves my point ... MB guys in general arent willing to go as ***** out as audi/ bmw guys.... nothing wrong with it, but its the truth )
If any true tuner can run a standalone and still have a streetable car don't you think it would have been done over the last decade and a half? The problem is not about not willing to run a standalone, it's that we shouldn't have to. No MB tuner actually knows wtf is truly going on with our software like they do with Audi and BMW and that's what keeps us down. People have had upgraded trannys built and still had software limitations (myself included on the W211).
Old 01-29-2017, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG

https://youtu.be/Gv4Kzbl3wys

https://youtu.be/KapGPO32I4I
Dangg - it looks like they put a different top on different cars lol Looks like body of different cars on different chasis lol

btw if you don't mind me asking- seems like you love modding and talking about -why did you choose benz over RS platform or BMW ? Just curious.

Only reason I would choose Benz over RS is because I assumed benz was better with just a tune compared to RS cars but I learned I was wrong.

I'm not bashing or anything but just wondering. Even @Fairbird - you obviously both into modding -why choose AMG over other ?
Old 01-29-2017, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
For example in 5 years of ownership -all I did to my E55 was tune and S/C pulley and that pulley itself had to be replaced because original one cracked. Manufacturer defect -it was such a hassle- to get a new pulley I had to take this one off- leaving the car non-drivable for couple of weeks and then wait until new one arrived. (Since it was a prevalent problem -tuner agreed to send new pulley because I was thorough in taking pics and videos to prove pulley was indeed cracked)

SO I didn't even bother modding anything else due to this sour experience.

Why do modders choose AMG ? Is it for the "FIrST one" to achieve something or something underlying that I'm unable to see?
Old 01-29-2017, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
If any true tuner can run a standalone and still have a streetable car don't you think it would have been done over the last decade and a half? The problem is not about not willing to run a standalone, it's that we shouldn't have to. No MB tuner actually knows wtf is truly going on with our software like they do with Audi and BMW and that's what keeps us down. People have had upgraded trannys built and still had software limitations (myself included on the W211).
that BMW that ran in the 6's doesnt even have a bmw engine, it has a 2jz... why hasnt anyone with a MB done that yet and run 6's ? that's my point... because MB guys arent as hardcore... demand creates innovation... with little demand = little innovation

also speedriven does have a MB running on standalone, so it can be done.... just no one really cared.... do the same thing on the audi/bmw platform and they are signing up 100 deep for pre-oder lol

Last edited by gaspam; 01-29-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by viren.89
Dangg - it looks like they put a different top on different cars lol Looks like body of different cars on different chasis lol

btw if you don't mind me asking- seems like you love modding and talking about -why did you choose benz over RS platform or BMW ? Just curious.

Only reason I would choose Benz over RS is because I assumed benz was better with just a tune compared to RS cars but I learned I was wrong.

I'm not bashing or anything but just wondering. Even @Fairbird - you obviously both into modding -why choose AMG over other ?
i wanted the v10TT RS6 sedan (not sedan station wagon hatchback mutant rs7) but they didnt import to USA and i wanted AWD, so for non-compact performance euro lux sedan e63 was only other option really

Last edited by gaspam; 01-29-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:47 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Amg63-
sounds like once the trq limits were removed, the "bulletproof" trans still couldn't handle that much power at low rpm, so things broke...
where is that came from ? The car was consistent 2,7 0-60 , transmission never failed
Old 01-29-2017, 06:51 PM

C300

I already had Audi before .
Old 01-29-2017, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

that BMW that ran in the 6's doesnt even have a bmw engine, it has a 2jz... why hasnt anyone with a MB done that yet and run 6's ? that's my point... because MB guys arent as hardcore... demand creates innovation... with little demand = little innovation

also speedriven does have a MB running on standalone, so it can be done.... just no one really cared.... do the same thing on the audi/bmw platform and they are signing up 100 deep for pre-oder lol
I don't care much about mutant cars that really have nothing to do with the brand anymore and most people involved with any of the marquees don't either. But there are a few MBs like that if you look hard enough.

MB guys could have been that hard core but there's no bridge to get us there. Nobody can push these ecu/tcu set ups to their limit so there's too big of a gap left to the step that you're talking about.

If Speeddriven had a truly operational standalone they'd have let everyone know by now. So far it's just like every other tuner, always promising but never delivering.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't care much about mutant cars that really have nothing to do with the brand anymore and most people involved with any of the marquees don't either. But there are a few MBs like that if you look hard enough.

MB guys could have been that hard core but there's no bridge to get us there. Nobody can push these ecu/tcu set ups to their limit so there's too big of a gap left to the step that you're talking about.

If Speeddriven had a truly operational standalone they'd have let everyone know by now. So far it's just like every other tuner, always promising but never delivering.
they did, only 4 people committed to group buy lol

https://mbworld.org/forums/vendor-gr...55k-m113k.html

point with the mutant cars is that MB guys say "i dont really care" and audi/BMW guys say "hell yeah" .... just my observation after being in all 3 platforms over the past 10yrs
Old 01-29-2017, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG

if the ONLY mod is a tune I don't see why you don't find the e63 a good option it does keep up aside from the launch no problem.

Last edited by Amg63-; 01-29-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
where is that came from ? The car was consistent 2,7 0-60 , transmission never failed
then what exactly failed?

removing those torque limits is probably what caused whatever failed, to fail.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Amg63-
if the ONLY mod is a tune I don't see why you don't find the e63 a good option it does keep up aside from the launch no problem.
It was established in the other thread that MB platform is too restrictive. I do find APR tuning much more easier. Literally via phone app lol

Also, there AWD is much better as well since it's mechanical instead of electronic.

Exclusivity and better resale -although I don't think I'd care about resale since it'll depreciate at 15% a year anyways.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

they did, only 4 people committed to group buy lol

https://mbworld.org/forums/vendor-gr...55k-m113k.html

point with the mutant cars is that MB guys say "i dont really care" and audi/BMW guys say "hell yeah" .... just my observation after being in all 3 platforms over the past 10yrs
My bad, I thought you were talking about a standalone for this platform. They're a decade too late for the M113k platform. The majority of guys that are now buying those cars probably can't afford that much for standalone. But I absolutely agree with you that most (but not all) MB guys aren't "hell yeah" guys but I firmly believe that if there wasn't such a gap between tuning and standalone we'd have more all out enthusiasts. How stupid is it that we can't even tune via OBD2 or that I need a second ecu if I want a race tune! MB has made a mockery of aftermarket tuning and that's what sends enthusiasts elsewhere.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
It was established in the other thread that MB platform is too restrictive. I do find APR tuning much more easier. Literally via phone app lol

Also, there AWD is much better as well since it's mechanical instead of electronic.

Exclusivity and better resale -although I don't think I'd care about resale since it'll depreciate at 15% a year anyways.
Quattro is mechanical and 4matic is electronic?

what are you talking about?

the 4matic system is a fixed mechanical 33/67 torque split, and has less drivetrain losses and weighs less.

Yes it won't launch as hard from a stop, that's a transmission with torque converter adavnatage for the RS vs the AMG.

doing an ECU tune is easier on the RS, ok but it's not a big deal to have an hour of work to tune the AMG either. I don't get how that's a reason.

listen I can totally see how the RS7 is more appealing to you and not at all saying you shouldn't consider it, it's just the reasons you posted are simply not making much sense, that's all I'm getting at here.

Last edited by Amg63-; 01-29-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My bad, I thought you were talking about a standalone for this platform. They're a decade too late for the M113k platform. The majority of guys that are now buying those cars probably can't afford that much for standalone. But I absolutely agree with you that most (but not all) MB guys aren't "hell yeah" guys but I firmly believe that if there wasn't such a gap between tuning and standalone we'd have more all out enthusiasts. How stupid is it that we can't even tune via OBD2 or that I need a second ecu if I want a race tune! MB has made a mockery of aftermarket tuning and that's what sends enthusiasts elsewhere.
I hear you on that, I think unfortunately that's what Mercedes wants as they seem to want to be seen as luxury first and performance second in the retail car market whereas Audi and BMW I think wants to be performance first and luxury second .... which to me is kind of strange considering how much Mercedes invest in formula one and how dominant they are there

seems mb doesnt want to be seen as a tuner car, while audi/bmw dont mind

Last edited by gaspam; 01-30-2017 at 12:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
chiromikey (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 01:20 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I hear you on that, I think unfortunately that's what Mercedes wants as they seem to want to be seen as luxury first and performance second in the retail car market whereas Audi and BMW I think wants to be performance first and luxury second .... which to me is kind of strange considering how much Mercedes invest in formula one and how dominant they are there

seems mb doesnt want to be seen as a tuner car, while audi/bmw dont mind
Um Audi flags the **** out of your car if it is moded...seen several posts on this alone

so not sure how you can state that. An other aspect , well at least for my region is resale, and spare parts are a nightmare, including maintenance
Old 01-30-2017, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zod
Um Audi flags the **** out of your car if it is moded...seen several posts on this alone

so not sure how you can state that. An other aspect , well at least for my region is resale, and spare parts are a nightmare, including maintenance
audi, bmw and MB all will flag you and void you're warranty for any chance they get... difference is that audi and BMW make it easier ecu-wise for you to choose to mod and void your warranty... MB try's their hardest to prevent you from even being able to have that choice
Old 01-30-2017, 04:46 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 CLS63 S
i wanted the v10TT RS6 sedan (not sedan station wagon hatchback mutant rs7) but they didnt import to USA and i wanted AWD, so for non-compact performance euro lux sedan e63 was only other option really
I had the V10 RS6 sedan, it was a great car. An APR tune makes a huge difference on these. I would have ended up going with upgraded turbos too but fell asleep at the wheel coming back from a business trip in the middle of the night, end of that. I was going to get a low km C7RS6 to replace it but the second hand AMGs were a better deal here, at least at the time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: another pureturbo upgraded e63