Sponsored by:

Data Logging....what are you using?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 05:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
04 E55
Data Logging....what are you using?

So getting ready for some track time coming up this week and starting to think about getting my data logging and vbox setup working better.

As we have discussed here in prior posts it seems that WOT is not truly WOT as you can see I am not losing boost but the physical throttle position is not 100%.

A couple of questions:

1. What app are you using for data logging?
2. What fields are you tracking?
3. Prior to getting to the track are you resetting your throttle adaption?
4. Do you find that dyno mode changes anything?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:43 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2014 CLS63 S
I havent found a Wifi or BT iphone app that is very quick as far as refresh rate. I use BlueDriver only because it works consistantly.. Just not very quick in refresh rate and doesn't log boost or any of the other "Calculated PIDs". I've used the Torque app when I had an Android phone and I think it worked pretty well from what I remember.

DashCommand works pretty well I think my Dongle for wifi is messed up so stops working after about 15min. DC is pretty customizable though as far as dashboards, custom gauges, and inputting exact specs to do HP and Torque.

So to answer your questions from my experience:

1. I use blueDriver and DashCommand but both do not log that well due to the bluetooth and wifi connection. So I too am looking for a great app to log with! Following this thread hope someone chimes in!

2.I log: Boost, Fuel Trims, Timing, Iat, Misfires, Speed, Rpm, Load, Throttle position commanded, throttle position relative/absolute.

3. I did the throttle relearn one time at the track but didnt have great results. Not sure if that was bc of the relearn or the car having issues that night so cant say either way. I have noticed the shifts do get faster after the car has done had a chance to get some WOT pulls in S+. (after the relearn)

4. I havent tried dyno mode many times but the times I did there wasnt much change so couldnt tell ya. I've had best luck with traction all the way off and building boost about 2 sec before take off. Any more time and my car will totally cut power. Best 60' using that method has been a 1.68. My car is not tuned so not sure if that changes anything but does have a piggy back RaceChip Unit on it.

Hope that helps some. Looking forward to the insight from other members!

Also what app are the screenshots from you posted?

Last edited by TTMerc; 03-26-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: question
Old 03-27-2017, 12:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
E 63 AMG S
I was looking into the Kiwi 3. It seems to have good reviews.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:08 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by TTMerc
Hope that helps some. Looking forward to the insight from other members!

Also what app are the screenshots from you posted?
I am using one that was mentioned earlier called OBD Fusion for the iPhone.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:43 PM

04 E55
For those that have been asking I am using this OBDII plugin that someone on the forum mentioned:

Amazon Amazon

As well as this app from the app store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/obd-...650684932?mt=8

All in I think it was $35 for the reader and $10 for the app.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
C63 S AMG 2016
How to activate Dyno mode?

And how to change any setting for the AWD?
Old 03-27-2017, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
I've had Dashcommand for a few years now going back to when i had my C32 and was monitoring boost, IAT's, horsepower, and basic data you can log and use it at times with my E63.

For some reason on the E63 the horsepower data is crazy showing 800+ and clearly not accurate for a stock car. i've emailed the software maker palmer performance and posted to their boards several times about how to fix the settings to get an accurate horsepower reading and no replies so their support seems to suck.

aside from the crazy horsepower reading on the E63 it seems to work pretty well for a $10 buck app. you have many customized dashboards and customized gauges you can choose from or create which i attached some examples of. i have the plx kiwi adaper which on my C32 didnt always connect but works great on the E63 and within a few seconds it connects via wifi to my iphone.
Attached Thumbnails Data Logging....what are you using?-img_7450.png   Data Logging....what are you using?-img_7030.png   Data Logging....what are you using?-img_7451.png