Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Girodisc rotors and pads with pics!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 11:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 E63S
I have the Girodisc rotors and Magic Pads on the front, and will install the rear set this weekend. They look better, stop very well, make less dust than any pad on any car I've owned, and are much lighter. Win, win, win, win. I recommend Girodisc over anything out there.

I tried numerous pads and rotors on my Boss 302 (way more options to try in the Mustang world) and ended up with Girodisc on that car too. They're great on my buddy's 15 Mustang GT too.
The following users liked this post:
jvakos (10-24-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 06:28 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
W218
nice product

I got em on my w211
Old 11-04-2018, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG, sold: E63 Wagon, R63
TX E55 -- thank you for the write-up and following-up on questions with these rotors. They're significantly less expensive than the OEM Brembos, so it's nice to see they're still a quality product.

Does anybody have a link to any resources walking-through the installation process for new brake pads and rotors? Last time I was at the dealer, they mentioned my fronts would need doing sooner than later. Thinking I may be able to tackle it myself as long as I've got a guide to follow.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:18 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63s 1993 mazda rx7 on Boost
Dlr said I needed brakes also

13k miles later same pads are on my car. I dont track it just daily. At 42k no problem. I do have new OEM rotors to swap when its time for pads.
Remember if they pads are that low the warning light will come on. My pads were 1/2 when dlr said they were bad.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:38 PM

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts
2016 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by SilverBlownW211
I have the Girodisc rotors and Magic Pads on the front, and will install the rear set this weekend. They look better, stop very well, make less dust than any pad on any car I've owned, and are much lighter. Win, win, win, win. I recommend Girodisc over anything out there.

I tried numerous pads and rotors on my Boss 302 (way more options to try in the Mustang world) and ended up with Girodisc on that car too. They're great on my buddy's 15 Mustang GT too.
So the rears are $1,200 or so as well, right? Versus OEM at 150 per side, so $300 or so?
Yes, the girodisc look a lot better, but what am I missing?
Old 11-05-2018, 11:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 E63S
Originally Posted by FastWgn
So the rears are $1,200 or so as well, right? Versus OEM at 150 per side, so $300 or so?
Yes, the girodisc look a lot better, but what am I missing?
Yep they are. The rears are 10lbs lighter than stock (each) and look far better. The fronts are the better choice for performance and cost, the rears are just better for performance. I paid the extra for the rears as I wanted the performance that comes with them. I'll take some pictures and, besides the performance benefit, I feel the looks of these rotors are great and IMO do more for the car visually than the numerous CF splitters and diffusers available at the same price.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:44 AM

2013 S63, 2018 S63 with Carbon Ceramic brakes
Originally Posted by cjk
Wish I would've gone with these over Racing Brake
Did you have any issues with the RB rotors?
Old 03-15-2020, 12:18 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 & ML350 Bluetec
No issues at all!
Old 03-15-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by TX E55
No issues at all!
I was asking CJK about RB rotors because it sounded like that he had issues with RB.
The following users liked this post:
Bahnstormer (01-20-2022)
Old 03-16-2020, 12:43 AM

E63
I put Girodiscs on the front of my 2009 E63 with Porterfield pads frt/rr a couple years ago and they're great. Haven't tracked it, but rotors are holding up fine.
I bought the Girodiscs through Frozen Rotors with the cryogenic treatment for same cost as Girodisc wanted without treatment.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:24 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Arrow

Originally Posted by cjk
Wish I would've gone with these over Racing Brake
It really helps people when searching if you add an explanation to a statement like this instead of just ghosting.... I'll ask again even though other people have asked and there was no response... Why do you say this about RB? What did you not like or not work with their setup....?

One thing I noticed that is a key point that RB points out is that they have an iron ring on the inside of the rotor hat for the emergency brake to actually use (depending on make/model...etc.). Where it appears that Giro discs do not. Which in that case if you ever had to use the emergency brake on an aluminum hat it's going to get destroyed fast.

I have giro discs on my STi and have no issues with them, but might want to try RB. They both seem to be excellent quality but when I read statements like the above then it makes me want to stick with what I've used in the past.. It sucks spending $3k for rotors/pads then to only not like it or feel like it was a waste and should have gone with the other manufacture....etc.

-Nigel
Old 01-30-2023, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
It really helps people when searching if you add an explanation to a statement like this instead of just ghosting.... I'll ask again even though other people have asked and there was no response... Why do you say this about RB? What did you not like or not work with their setup....?

One thing I noticed that is a key point that RB points out is that they have an iron ring on the inside of the rotor hat for the emergency brake to actually use (depending on make/model...etc.). Where it appears that Giro discs do not. Which in that case if you ever had to use the emergency brake on an aluminum hat it's going to get destroyed fast.

I have giro discs on my STi and have no issues with them, but might want to try RB. They both seem to be excellent quality but when I read statements like the above then it makes me want to stick with what I've used in the past.. It sucks spending $3k for rotors/pads then to only not like it or feel like it was a waste and should have gone with the other manufacture....etc.

-Nigel
I had Girodisc rotors and I had issues with vibrations. I would get vibrations after braking hard from 60-70 mph. The suspension and wheel balancing were checked and everything was good. The Girodisc rotors were the issue. Girodisc were not very helpful. They blamed everything except their rotors. My old oem rotors were good because I bought Girodisc since they were lighter than oem rotors. I installed my old oem rotors back to test. I had no vibrations with my oem old rotors even at 80 mph with repeated hard braking. So we found out that the vibrations were there because of GiroDiscs. I would never use Girodisc again. I would go with RB( Racing Brake). They have more options. RB has caliper options but Girodisc doesn't have any Caliper options. I would stay away from Girodisc. Their customer service was horrible. They ignored me for months. I never felt confident with Girodisc.
Old 10-08-2023, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 M3 / 13 E63 Wagon
Bumping this thread for a recent data point.

Girodisc rotors and their "Magic" pads installed on front of my MY13 E63 wagon this weekend.

They installed same as stock, no issues.
First drive incl bedding and high-speed run for vibrations: perfect. Pedal feel and engagement/modulation similar to stock.

Hats I got were black which are better than the blue I've seen.

Wish I'd gone to Girodisc sooner. Will swap for rears when needed, should I still have the car.

IG @mannschaftschnell
Old 10-08-2023, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruffy dongles
Bumping this thread for a recent data point.

Girodisc rotors and their "Magic" pads installed on front of my MY13 E63 wagon this weekend.

They installed same as stock, no issues.
First drive incl bedding and high-speed run for vibrations: perfect. Pedal feel and engagement/modulation similar to stock.

Hats I got were black which are better than the blue I've seen.

Wish I'd gone to Girodisc sooner. Will swap for rears when needed, should I still have the car.

IG @mannschaftschnell
I had huge vibration problems after hard braking with Girodisc. The vibration was developed after a few hundred miles. I would never use Girodisc.