Sponsored by:

Too many vendor posts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 12:31 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
Originally Posted by Rock
Sorry BlownV8 but moderators do not make the rules on MBworld. The current policy is that vendors are allowed to have one active thread/forum. If you see this policy being violated, please make a report.

I would also prefer a specific section for vendor activity but don't hold your breath for that to happen any time soon.
They should have a vendor's section. they pollute/dilute the value of the user's section.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,071 Likes on 859 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by Rock
One bump/day/subforum. Vendors have all been sent guidelines for posting on MBworld. I've removed several bumps on this forum over the last week when sponsors were in violation of the guidelines. You are more likely to get a change in policy if you can get enough members to post their displeasure. Start here: https://mbworld.org/forums/suggestions-feedback-12/
I bumped an existing post concerning useless posts by vendors and suggested the addition of constraints to help rid the clutter. https://mbworld.org/forums/suggestio...ite-owner.html
Old 09-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 79 Likes on 77 Posts
AMG
Lightbulb

Allow me to jump in shark infested waters as I understand your frustration. My background is pretty diverse in regards to forums, having owned them, managed (moderated) them and of course being a vendor. So I have a pretty unique perspective on forums and their communities.

It's interesting to see we were pointed out a couple of times when we don't do it nearly as often as other vendors. When we re-joined here I told my guys to stay away from the specific car forums unless it was specific to that forum and stay in the wheel/tire section. Well after a month or so and seeing every other vendor posting all over we had no choice but to use this same strategy. We are paying to advertise and support the site. It does raise awareness being allowed to post everywhere compared to being stuck in one or two forums to post. iI have canceled many forums with that policy along with many vendors who share the same concerns. Most people don't venture out into those specific wheel/tire forums. So maybe a solution is to have one-three thread's in each individual forum instead of a vendor having 50 of them. (a product thread/a photo/video thread/________)

I also feel all Vendors should not be bunched together. Vossen has owned multiple AMG's and Mercedes Vehicles and shared information as we could. So we are not just diluting value here by just advertising, we also try to help the community which should be a main focus for vendors as well. I hope that forum members can recognize the difference between vendors just advertising and those that are making an effort to be a true part of the community.

Overall I think MBWorld is one of the best moderated forums around with a very engaged and awesome community. I've met quite a few members nationwide and its a great group of owners here as you know.

I just thought maybe some of you would like to hear things from a vendor's perspective.

Mike