Sponsored by:

Best tuners these days?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 03:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e63 2012 pp
Originally Posted by 10speed
Wow , sorry for that , that sucks , what are you going to do ?
Do you have an engine builder?
After hearing stuff like this makes me want to go to a tuner so they can see exactly how the car is running full throttle
i try to sold the car like that and lose 60000$ for 15000 km
Old 10-21-2017, 03:44 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
Originally Posted by Michael Mailhot
i try to sold the car like that and lose 60000$ for 15000 km
Do you know what actually broke ? It might be able to get fix .How did you break it where you beating on it ?,
Old 10-21-2017, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
So you guys are saying if you do a burnout at the track then stage at the light when you brake torque to launch it will bog because it’s the second attempt ???
It doesn’t bog, it goes into a temporary limp mode with no power at all...
Old 10-21-2017, 03:58 PM

E63s
Originally Posted by chiromikey
It doesn’t bog, it goes into a temporary limp mode with no power at all...
Wow that’s crazy , I’m surprised no tuner was able to remedy that .
Old 10-21-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 474 Likes on 209 Posts
2007 e350 sport. 2010 350 4matic sport. Worlds first W212 E63R self built.
Originally Posted by Michael Mailhot
i just blow my motor of my 2012 e63 with eurocharge tune and turbo i tell to eurocharged jerry (tuner) and he dont care about me so i REALLY dont think he really give any warranty ... i blow my 2 turbo from eurocharged one after 10km the other after 1000 and he dont care about that too i have to paid the rebuilt myself and he dont offer to paid 1 dollard on it ... and it take 6 month after i ship my oem turbo to receive the turbo ... i spend 25000$ for two turbo wheel and tune and pull out the motor 3 time to rebuild the turbo and wait and wait and to have 650whp on dyno and blow my motor 5000km after
not saying their tune isn’t at fault or is at fault but you need to find out why it blew before you point fingers because there are to many variables. Fuel, did you fuel pump cut or go faulty, did a waste gate vacuum line pop off causing the turbo to over boost blowing your motor, did an injector fail, did a spark plug melt from detonating, did Chaim guide brake from do much tq cause your timing chain to move which caused the valves to hit the pistons. There is way way to many variables before you point. Also did they install the motor and the turbos?? If they did then ok they are responsible. Should definitely come woth a warranty,. But if someone else did the work and they are telling you the tune was the issue then maybe they did not Install something properly and want to blame the tune so they can get out of buying you a motor. I’m sorry but 90% of the time a motor blows because of something else giong faulty. I’ve had so many guys say there ecu caused the issue. I’d take those ecu pop it in my mk3 turbo vw which had identical mods as them and put down tons of power with no issue and they would come to find out one of the parts failed or the mechanics did something wrong like instal the in-line fuel pump lines backwards
Old 10-21-2017, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow that’s crazy , I’m surprised no tuner was able to remedy that .
I don’t think anyone even knows about it...until now!
Old 10-21-2017, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E 63 S Model
Are you brake boosting? I can brake boost to get the tires to spin for a burnout but if I try to brake boost right after that at the line it goes into limp mode. It’s like it won’t let me brake boost twice in a row. If I just roll up to the line without the burnout and brake boost enough to not bog, I spin the tires. So I’m stuck with 1.7s using Race Start. :-/
I have had the exact same times and experiences.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
na
Did you ever end up making a decision on which tuner to go with?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13 ML550, 14 E550 Cabriolet, 14 S550
Ive been wanting to do a tune and midpipes on my car for awhile now but never pulled the trigger, I was really leaning towards Renntech but I not sure there worth it, Weistec really seems to be a better option , price , more available upgrades etc . The last one is a dyno tune but I’m not sure who to really trust , Plus I’m not really looking to max out the engine , just a nice safe and powerful tune . What are you guys using or who would you recommend Weistec or Renntech?
I first had my heart set on Renntech, but customer service was horrible, no one got back to me - after weeks of more research and sifting through forums I decided to contact Weistec and I have to say they are on top of things! I was looking for some extra power on the M278 and they did deliver!! I have had no problems with the tune, fast, easy and reasonably priced! They were also very helpful with the whole warranty questions and had a lot of good reading.. I would go with Weistec, they are hands down the best option! I started with 1 car and have now all 3 done... once you do it you are hooked!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:13 AM

E63s
Originally Posted by floridaboy2010

I first had my heart set on Renntech, but customer service was horrible, no one got back to me - after weeks of more research and sifting through forums I decided to contact Weistec and I have to say they are on top of things! I was looking for some extra power on the M278 and they did deliver!! I have had no problems with the tune, fast, easy and reasonably priced! They were also very helpful with the whole warranty questions and had a lot of good reading.. I would go with Weistec, they are hands down the best option! I started with 1 car and have now all 3 done... once you do it you are hooked!
From what I’m seeing and hearing Weistec has my attention, they have a lot to offer to , I was thinking doing the Tune and there modular mid pipes , I really don’t want to alter this car that much I like to keep things as stock as possible thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by ecmexchange
Did you ever end up making a decision on which tuner to go with?
Sorry didn’t reply , No I didn’t pull the trigger yet but Definitely leaning towards Weistec , The engine builder Tasos on YouTube also used there parts and he says there very high quality.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 E63 S, 2017 GLE 43, 2020 Cadilac Escalade, 2019 Lamborghini Performante
I have Eurocharged and no problems at all....the only tuner that will give you a $50k Warranty if something goes wrong because of the tune..no other tuner is offering anything like this...
Old 12-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by floridaboy2010

i just cant see the reason to pay 3,450 for a renntech tune that won’t yeild much more then mine if even that. They are way overpriced, weistec as well, way overpriced
Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 PM

E63s
Originally Posted by Cifdig

i just cant see the reason to pay 3,450 for a renntech tune that won’t yeild much more then mine if even that. They are way overpriced, weistec as well, way overpriced
$1999 for Weistec that’s much better than Renntech
Old 12-08-2017, 01:05 PM

$1999 for Weistec that’s much better than Renntech

definitely better
Old 12-10-2017, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by Silverp30wagon
Stay away from eurocharged. They did my tune and after the third time I overnighted the ecu to them, at my expense, it finally started. Once it finally ran, it pinged bad. I am now using a custom dyno tune and haven't even bothered trying to get my money back. Lesson learned.... Another guy in my group had Eurocharged tune and it pinged, he sent it back for a "less aggressive tune" and it makes less power than stock. Then went to the same tuner I went to. Sorry to be so negative but wish in would have known all this when I started. Pm me and I can possibly help you get in contact with my tuner. He just tuned a 2018 E63 for New York
Crap......
Old 12-11-2017, 08:50 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
People who say weistec better ......
*facepalm*
Old 12-11-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by dav461
People who say weistec better ......
*facepalm*
min my defense I meant as far as the price he posted compared to renntech. Me myself have eurocharged and couldn’t be happier. My next option would be custome tune but honestly I won’t waste the money on it, I’d rather get lightweight rotors, and pretty pulley kit lol
Old 12-19-2017, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by Silverp30wagon
Stay away from eurocharged. They did my tune and after the third time I overnighted the ecu to them, at my expense, it finally started. Once it finally ran, it pinged bad. I am now using a custom dyno tune and haven't even bothered trying to get my money back. Lesson learned.... Another guy in my group had Eurocharged tune and it pinged, he sent it back for a "less aggressive tune" and it makes less power than stock. Then went to the same tuner I went to. Sorry to be so negative but wish in would have known all this when I started. Pm me and I can possibly help you get in contact with my tuner. He just tuned a 2018 E63 for New York
Originally Posted by kponti
Crap......
Ok so I will add this to my previous post to SilverpWagon's post
I have had the Eurocharged tune and made more than 100ft/lb torque and 30RWHP over Renntech tune. Car felt completely different, so different that I did not bother putting back the off-road pipes. However I have had pinging especially at 5000rpm in most gears. Does not matter if its hot out or cold out. I threw in a bottle of Torco and low and behold pinging stopped (and car pulled like a beast!!!). After that tank, I put in a full tank of Chevron and the ping came back hard! the car would misfire under anything more than half throttle. That soon went away and its back to pinging at just 5000rpm.
I have spoken to Eurocharged and they wanted me to bring the car in, but due to some scheduling issues (their part), I was not able to for a couple of weeks. The actual time they could see me, I missed that appt having to fly out of town last minute.
In the meantime, I switched to Valero gas (Always used Chevron prior, needed gas fast one morning and Velaro was it closest to me), BUT interesting enough, the pinging at 5000rpm seems to have resolved itself. Weather has been crappy recently but I will be re-verifying soon. Seems the Chevron gas may not have the Octane limits quite where it should. I have used Chevron from at least 20 different stations and all have had the same result over the last year. One tank of Valero and it seems the ping is gone.

I have yet to call and schedule another appt with Eurocharged. But they (Phil) insisted to me that the same tune is being used on lots of Es with no issues, most driven harder than I do mine (yes I do not get the roads to wind out the rpm during my average commute time, that is why this has not been such a pressing issue to resolve for me).
Old 12-19-2017, 05:21 PM

E63s
It seems like you have aggressive tune , maybe you can go back to the chevron stations and test the octane I think they make little kits for testing , I know the guys that run E85 do this just to make sure it’s true e85
Old 12-19-2017, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kponti
Ok so I will add this to my previous post to SilverpWagon's post
I have had the Eurocharged tune and made more than 100ft/lb torque and 30RWHP over Renntech tune. Car felt completely different, so different that I did not bother putting back the off-road pipes. However I have had pinging especially at 5000rpm in most gears. Does not matter if its hot out or cold out. I threw in a bottle of Torco and low and behold pinging stopped (and car pulled like a beast!!!). After that tank, I put in a full tank of Chevron and the ping came back hard! the car would misfire under anything more than half throttle. That soon went away and its back to pinging at just 5000rpm.
I have spoken to Eurocharged and they wanted me to bring the car in, but due to some scheduling issues (their part), I was not able to for a couple of weeks. The actual time they could see me, I missed that appt having to fly out of town last minute.
In the meantime, I switched to Valero gas (Always used Chevron prior, needed gas fast one morning and Velaro was it closest to me), BUT interesting enough, the pinging at 5000rpm seems to have resolved itself. Weather has been crappy recently but I will be re-verifying soon. Seems the Chevron gas may not have the Octane limits quite where it should. I have used Chevron from at least 20 different stations and all have had the same result over the last year. One tank of Valero and it seems the ping is gone.

I have yet to call and schedule another appt with Eurocharged. But they (Phil) insisted to me that the same tune is being used on lots of Es with no issues, most driven harder than I do mine (yes I do not get the roads to wind out the rpm during my average commute time, that is why this has not been such a pressing issue to resolve for me).
This is interesting. My SA just told me to stay away from Chevron in my area because the octane isn’t there. His engine builder/dyno shop told him to only run Circle K after their dyno testing. I would have laughed if anyone told me that but my SA plays with 1k hp mustangs and isn’t some random internet motorhead wannabe.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63

This is interesting. My SA just told me to stay away from Chevron in my area because the octane isn’t there. His engine builder/dyno shop told him to only run Circle K after their dyno testing. I would have laughed if anyone told me that but my SA plays with 1k hp mustangs and isn’t some random internet motorhead wannabe.
Might be more than just your area, I have used Chevron from several places and all had bad pinging since the Eurocharged tune
Old 12-21-2017, 07:42 PM

Velaro seems to work well for me too. It’s around the corner from my house so I tend to get them more. I also use Mobil which is great . One day I had stopped for gas at an ok Petro station and the car ran like ***. Never did that again. If it weren’t for my meth I’d prob would have had much more problems