AMG to AMGs Tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 2008 ML63
AMG to AMGs Tune?

Hi Guys,
I was talking to my buddy at the MB parts counter and he is going to ask one of his buddies who is a Technician, but was curious is anybody had this done.
Would it be possible to upgrade the tune to the "S" version on the non S ?
I came from the E55 community and though I really love the car ie. handling/braking/transmission. My W211 E55 felt faster. I don't necessarily need a crazy tune like the EC tune, I just want a little bit more. And if I can retain my warranty by sticking with the MB product its a big plus for me.
Thanks
Old 12-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Speedy55
Hi Guys,
I was talking to my buddy at the MB parts counter and he is going to ask one of his buddies who is a Technician, but was curious is anybody had this done.
Would it be possible to upgrade the tune to the "S" version on the non S ?
I came from the E55 community and though I really love the car ie. handling/braking/transmission. My W211 E55 felt faster. I don't necessarily need a crazy tune like the EC tune, I just want a little bit more. And if I can retain my warranty by sticking with the MB product its a big plus for me.
Thanks
specifically what you are looking for does not exist.

benz will not warrant any tune and they provide no tune, and it's sad the parts guy doesn't know this.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 2008 ML63
Im looking for the tune that comes on the stock E63s which Im sure exists.
I'll see what the benz tech says I guess, considering that the car only differs by LSD for the S and no LSD for the non-S I don't see why they wouldn't be able to upload the S tune onto my ECU.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I'll see what the benz tech says I guess, considering that the car only differs by LSD for the S and no LSD for the non-S I don't see why they wouldn't be able to upload the S tune onto my ECU.
the non-S also has a less robust cooling system. You can see an additional heat exchanger in the lower grille intake on the S where it is blocked off on the non-S. I am nit saying that would be dangerous to run a tune or anything...but they might throw at you to try and deter you or explain why they can't do it.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:13 PM

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
Ask some tuners. I am sure they have cloned many S ecus and are able to create a mild ecu tune. I know renntech has a low boost tune option if you ask them.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
youre asking for a tune that is covered by your oem warranty -- this does not exist.

good luck with your Benz Tech ... -- looking forward to your research findings; for SURE mild tunes exist by many vendors... is that what you're asking for? A tuner can also clone the 'S mapping for you as a custom tune ... again, not covered by oem warranty and will need the ecu to be drilled and flashed

Last edited by PeterUbers; 12-31-2017 at 12:19 AM.