Abrupt take off when cold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 2008 ML63
Abrupt take off when cold

Hi Guys,
I've complained to my dealership regarding this, and Ive had the software upgraded on transmission and apparently the problem has been fixed according to the technicians. Although I fail to agree with this.
The car starts off in 2nd gear when in S or S+ mode up until the oil temp hits 20degrees celsius. Up until that point the car feels very jerky both in D and R, as if someone is learning how to drive stick for the first time.
Does anyone else in the cold climates experience this?
Ive asked the service manager to test drive a 2013 CLS 63 to determine if it acts the same but he didn't understand my logic of seeing if this is a common trait of the car or whether it is my car only.
Anyways my car is going into service again on the 2nd of January to hopefully have this resolved.
Let me know what you guys think
Old 12-30-2017, 11:17 PM

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
A software update is not enough, they need to do a transmission adaptation which will correctly set the shifting values. It is a known issue that the transmission is jerky, especially when its cold.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Mikeki7
A software update is not enough, they need to do a transmission adaptation which will correctly set the shifting values. It is a known issue that the transmission is jerky, especially when its cold.
and an mct clutch adaption