Chirping noise while heating on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 08:36 AM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe, 2018 E63s
Chirping noise while heating on

Hi there, Happy new year everyone!
I wanted to know if someone has come across this. Our winters are in the -20 C range right now and I have to start my car for 10-15 minutes before leaving.

Lately, I have been hearing this consistent chirp while the heating is on in the passenger side, sometimes it tries to play around with the amount of air it pushes through; sometimes it becomes louder as I brake.

I was at Eurocharged and they noticed the cabin filter wasn’t installed properly which may have caused a leak of some sorts.
However, after fixing it, the noise has returned. Now I may think it could be the blower motor, but anyone care to chime in?

thanks
Old 01-04-2018, 04:36 PM

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by Meeru
Hi there, Happy new year everyone!
I wanted to know if someone has come across this. Our winters are in the -20 C range right now and I have to start my car for 10-15 minutes before leaving.

Lately, I have been hearing this consistent chirp while the heating is on in the passenger side, sometimes it tries to play around with the amount of air it pushes through; sometimes it becomes louder as I brake.

I was at Eurocharged and they noticed the cabin filter wasn’t installed properly which may have caused a leak of some sorts.
However, after fixing it, the noise has returned. Now I may think it could be the blower motor, but anyone care to chime in?

thanks
Yep: blower motor - 100%. I was chasing this for weeks in my car and found a customer review on partsgeek for a replacement blower that detailed my symptoms perfectly. Yours sounds the same here.