W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up a '16 E63 S! Few questions....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 E63 S AMG
Just picked up a '16 E63 S! Few questions....

Just traded in my 991.2 Carrera S on Saturday for a CPO '16 E63S; loved the 911 but need a bigger car for the family. So far the AMG feels like it will be the best of both worlds!
A few questions:
--What is the "P" light that is on the central display of the gauges? It seems to come and go and I can't figure out what it's tied to and haven't seen anything in the Owners Manual about it
--Does the steering feel have any aftermarket tune-ability? Specifically, any way to make it feel heavier/more direct?
--Any tune-ability for the transmission? Granted I do not expect it to be near as good as the Porsche PDK that I'm use to, but it would be nice for it to not feel quite as "lazy", meaning it doesn't seem to anticipate situations well and shift up or down quite at the right moments. The car has plenty of power but sometimes seems a little laggy due to the transmission; it doesn't feel like turbo lag.

All in all it's a great car, and I feel the absolute best solution for what I'm looking for with power/fun factor and practicality! I think I'll always be driving in Sport+ everything modes unless the family is in the car, but I'm typically that way and had the same modes activated at all times in the 911. Looking forward to getting it to the track; I ran a 11.5@120 in my 991.2 stock and think this will probably better the trap speed but not quite hit that 11.5; this thing pulls hard on the highway!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:54 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550
Welcome! lets see some pics of the car! I plan on getting one after my CLS.. as far as the "P", if i am not mistaken, it is parktronic and comes up when it is in a potential area to park.. enjoy the car!!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Originally Posted by Boostaddict

Just traded in my 991.2 Carrera S on Saturday for a CPO '16 E63S; loved the 911 but need a bigger car for the family. So far the AMG feels like it will be the best of both worlds!
A few questions:
--What is the "P" light that is on the central display of the gauges? It seems to come and go and I can't figure out what it's tied to and haven't seen anything in the Owners Manual about it
--Does the steering feel have any aftermarket tune-ability? Specifically, any way to make it feel heavier/more direct?
--Any tune-ability for the transmission? Granted I do not expect it to be near as good as the Porsche PDK that I'm use to, but it would be nice for it to not feel quite as "lazy", meaning it doesn't seem to anticipate situations well and shift up or down quite at the right moments. The car has plenty of power but sometimes seems a little laggy due to the transmission; it doesn't feel like turbo lag.

All in all it's a great car, and I feel the absolute best solution for what I'm looking for with power/fun factor and practicality! I think I'll always be driving in Sport+ everything modes unless the family is in the car, but I'm typically that way and had the same modes activated at all times in the 911. Looking forward to getting it to the track; I ran a 11.5@120 in my 991.2 stock and think this will probably better the trap speed but not quite hit that 11.5; this thing pulls hard on the highway!
congrats on your 63 you will love it! that P is the parktronic which can automatically parallel park your car if you follow the prompts to engage i...... here's a video
Old 01-15-2018, 04:45 PM

2016 E63 S AMG
Thanks!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:46 AM

2016 E63 S AMG

I plan on blacking out all the badging and other chrome on the car ASAP; possibly the front grill as well, although I was thinking maybe that would be to much?
Old 01-16-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
get the transmission adapted, then ride it in S and do not forget that this car has a lot different torque curve, so it does not need to shift as much. My e16s shifts are in par with my GT3 PDKs