Sponsored by:

Output shafts M157

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 E63s & '12 ML63
Output shafts M157

Hey everyone i have an '14 E63s that is getting the clutch upgrade from AMS and my output shaft is "twisted" and requires repair...anyone have a similar issue or have any recommendations on how to get an upgraded one?
Old 02-09-2018, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
That's it only "twisted" your output shaft? Man up and break one. LOL, that's what I did. There is nothing you can really do other than replace it with stock. Unless you go a rather expense route and buy a new one for someone to scan and CNC out of a stronger metal such as 300M. It will be a very expensive one-off. Granted our cars are different, but by no means neither are in high demand for upgraded tranny internals. Don't be shocked if your axles and rear fail as well if you are seeing that kind of abuse in the tranny. Good luck in moving forward.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 E63s & '12 ML63
Ahh ok, any idea how long a new output shaft should hold up? I bought the car about 10k miles ago, it has 83k on it now and it is in getting the W4 turbos done. And the axle's? Any recommendations on which ones to switch to? What rear fail are u referring to?
id like to get everything done while this engine and trans are out. Anything else u reccomend i do preventively?....Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Last edited by BenzHerOver; 02-09-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
There is no way to tell you how long the new output shaft will last without knowing the car's power and intended use, even then its not cut and dry. For example, if you are only driving on street tires and don't launch the car super hard all the time it will last much longer. If you plan on taking the car to the track and running drag radials you stand a higher chance of breaking parts. When ever you add extra power whether it is just a tune or upgraded turbos, it puts more of a beating on the drive-train. When your tires stick there is a much greater load which is why the car can accelerate faster. This is very basic stuff, just be aware of the trade off. Maybe others can chime in with there experience, I don't know this platform all this well to know at what power levels parts have been failing. Upon completion of all mods consider dynoing the car to see if it makes the claims you are promised for power. Then you can use better judgement on what needs upgrading.

As far as the rear, I meant rear differential and for custom axles, there is a company called the Drive Shaft Shop. I haven't had to use them but I think they can make upgraded axles but need a stock set of cores. If this is your daily driver, I would just keep it simple and stay away from the track. Just a speculation but I think its fair to say the car had a tune and was driven a little hard by the previous owner to have the output shaft twisted. Mercedes knows what the cars can handle and set the power levels accordingly. There is nothing wrong with wanting more power, but it's kinda of like drinking too much, you can't blame The Macallan if you wake up with a hangover. Know what you are in for and be ready to pay to play.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
e63s
got my car brand new. snapped mine at 18k miles.. tune/downpipe