Exhaust Qestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2017 W222 AMG S63 Sedan.
Exhaust Qestions

Hey guys. Since the W212 is more active and my S63 share the same M157 engine and I assume the same exhaust system except longer. Would a Resonater and Muffler delete according to my understanding that Mercedes will not void warranty if the cats are not touched. Anyone can independently confirm?

Old 02-24-2018, 10:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
Originally Posted by AMGNEEDSPEED

Hey guys. Since the W212 is more active and my S63 share the same M157 engine and I assume the same exhaust system except longer. Would a Resonater and Muffler delete according to my understanding that Mercedes will not void warranty if the cats are not touched. Anyone can independently confirm?

They will not void your warranty on exhaust system, if something breaks on the car or you happen to have engine or tranny failure there not going to blame the exhaust ,plus that exhaust looks way different form the e63s,I would try the resonator delete first to see how you like it before removing the mufflers
Old 02-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2017 W222 AMG S63 Sedan.
Originally Posted by 10speed
They will not void your warranty on exhaust system, if something breaks on the car or you happen to have engine or tranny failure there not going to blame the exhaust ,plus that exhaust looks way different form the e63s,I would try the resonator delete first to see how you like it before removing the mufflers
I was told by a manager that used to work for Weistec and he said the same thing. It’s s new car and wasn’t about to go ask a service manager, but I suppose they don’t look/care for it because it can’t damage the drivetrain or engine. As I was looking at the photos and realized that the
resonators and mufflers are visibly larger than the E63s and of course longer. I just might start with the resonators after the brake in period.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:34 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
Originally Posted by AMGNEEDSPEED

I was told by a manager that used to work for Weistec and he said the same thing. It’s s new car and wasn’t about to go ask a service manager, but I suppose they don’t look/care for it because it can’t damage the drivetrain or engine. As I was looking at the photos and realized that the
resonators and mufflers are visibly larger than the E63s and of course longer. I just might start with the resonators after the brake in period.
If you do the resonator delete make sure you find a shop that has stainless steel piping ,I think thats a good idea to start with the resonators, there going to use the piping from the resonators to the muffler anyway even if you decide to remove the muffler ,removing the muffler and extend the pipe from there to the tip, good luck