W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Tilt Wheel Memory Lost after Battery Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2018 | 12:04 PM

2020 E63S
Tilt Wheel Memory Lost after Battery Change

Hi all,

My stock main battery died a few days ago and I replaced it yesterday (had to wait for the replacement to come from Interstate). All the memory functions appear to have been saved (thanks to the aux battery probably) except the tilt wheel.

It properly goes to the most upward position when turning off the car. However, when starting, it remains there and does not return to the preset location.

I tried resetting the memory button on the door with the wheel in my preferred position, but it doesn't seem to be working. Thus, I am manually putting the wheel in "driving position" after every start.

Any thoughts how to restore the memory function?
Old 06-22-2018 | 11:46 AM

2020 E63S
UPDATE: I decided to try a process similar to how you reset the windows on other cars (by rolling them all the way down and up and holding the button for a few seconds after they are all the way down/up).

So, I moved the tilt wheel to max up, down, in , and out positions. I then reprogrammed the memory button after returning the wheel to my desired position.

It appears to have worked. The tilt works as it should.....goes all the way up when turning off the car and returns to the memory position when I start it.

I am not sure if me "reset" procedure did it or something else, but bottom line, it works now.