Sponsored by:

Exhaust Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 08:36 PM

Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts
Empty
Exhaust Advice

I'm looking at picking up a 2015-2016 E63 and I enjoy loud exhaust. Currently have F10 M5 with Catless downpipes and Eisenmann Race Exhaust. For the E63 I was leaning towards the Kooks downpipes but what do you guys suggest for exhausts? I love Eisenmann for M cars but haven't seen hardly any AMG's with Eisenmann. Would it be loud if I go with Kooks catless and just have a local shop delete the resonators and secondary cats with straight pipes??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Catless DPs and resonator delete (replaced with small H-pipe) into stock mufflers sounds perfect to me. Quite loud on any accel/decel but no drone when cruising. Btw, don’t get fooled into thinking it’s not loud when you’re inside trying to listen with the windows up...windows down and it’s definitely aggressive!
Old 07-27-2018, 08:50 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 CLS63 S AMG
This is a question of taste I believe. You could always delete everything and just listen to the sweet sounds of an M157, I sat in and cruised with one basically straight piped last night. It was loud, a little raspier than mine. But after listening to it inside I realized it wasn't exactly louder than mine. Personally, I have cats gutted and mufflers removed. It's not nearly as raspy but it has a very loud and full sound and honestly is louder than you think when you're driving by. My friend with the straight piped E63 has a post on here as well g60wall is his name I think.

https://www. instagram. com/p/BiIflI4Dcse/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Gutted cats and mufflers deleted for reference

Last edited by CerBErusM113; 07-27-2018 at 09:54 AM.