Selling my baby, Worth of Aftermarket parts + warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63s
Red face Selling my baby, Worth of Aftermarket parts + warranty

Hello Everyone!

I've spent around 2 years taking my 2014 E63S where I wanted it to be as far as performance, and functionality. After getting a job buying and selling luxury and exotic cars at the beginning of this year, It personally makes more sense to me to buy an exotic I love, as opposed to owning the E63S. When I first bought the car, I sold another vehicle and Used only the E63S for a few thousand miles, before getting another Daily driver. I feel as thats where the E63S fits in the best, a daily driver for someone with a weekend exotic. For me personally, The E63S spends most of the time in the garage and I want someone to enjoy it the way I have. My biggest questions are: Where would you sell your used E63 for the biggest profit, preferably where a enthusiast will see it, not just dealers & what value do my aftermarket parts & warranty hold?

The warranty was bought through Fletcher Jones Mercedes for $6750. 3 years/36000 miles. I currently have 28,900 miles left on the warranty, and 2 years.
Full Brabus appearance Package, Brabus Exhaust with electronic control valve & Brabus Button, Brabus Carbon Fiber Rear diffuser, Brabus 19" Black Monoblock wheels, Brabus Paddle shifters, Carbon Fiber Steering wheel, 10.25 inch touch screen android navigation, Carbon fiber Front Diffuser, UPD air intake spacers & Filters, Weistec Downpipes, HD tune 732Hp/850 Lbs torque, Racing Brake slotted rotors and pads, Fully wrapped in Dark Grey gloss, Carbon Fiber front Grille, Carbon Fiber Gopro headrest mount, Custom fitted Sunshade,

The car currently has 67,xxx miles, which I know is pretty high among the other E63's I am seeing. I added photos of the car, as well as the imperfections.

only damage on wheels.

I opened the door and lightly tapped a cardboard box in my garage. pic 1

I opened the door and lightly tapped a cardboard box in my garage. pic 2

Cracked lip.

Thank you Everyone! This wont be my last AMG!
Old 10-16-2019, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
good looking car - not my personal jam, but some good bits on there - you live at Cahill Park in downtown SJ?

Love the 10.25 screen - can you share details on it?

Have you taken a look at Bring a Trailer?

Unfortunately most want a stock car and know that Brabus parts are super spendy - but since it has full treatment you might be able to recoup 50% of price spent, but you need to find "that" buyer who wants it just like you have it.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:26 PM

2014 E63s
@baldmike73 I bought the 10.25 screen direct from the manufacturer, I absolutely love it! It allows me to add applications just as you would an android, and allows me to broadcast all of my engines performance onto the screen via an OBDII bluetooth unit. What I use most frequently is an application I downloaded that allows you to use navigation from a 3D pov, as if you were standing there, almost like google earth.

As you mentioned about the brabus parts, the exhaust and diffuser are around $13,000, and the wheels go for a pretty penny as well. Thats whats most difficult for me, I dont want to put this on a regular for sale website, and not have people realize the price of these parts.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:28 PM

2014 E63s
Does anybody think it may be more appealing removing the wrap, and decals?
Old 10-16-2019, 08:41 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
Really sweet-looking car!

With that said, I do agree with baldmike that most buyers prefer bone-stock because it provides more of a "new car" experience and generally carries a lower likelihood of having been tuned to the max and/or abuse. To be frank, I think you'll have a harder-than-normal time selling this yourself. You may attract buyers who aren't super serious and just want a free joy ride of your mods/tune while at the same time turning off older more serious buyers who prefer stock (to either keep that way or apply the mods they prefer).

Ultimately, I think it depends on how quickly you want to sell. If you're patient enough to find the buyer who absolutely love your mods, it'd be a win-win because they'd get a huge discount on the mods and you'd get a higher price. If you don't want to wait a long time, however, you may want to revert it back to stock as much as possible. You can then either offer the mods to a serious buyer as discounted/free goodies or try to sell them on ebay or the like.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:47 PM

2014 E63S Wagon
Follow-up thought: maybe the best balance to strike without too much effort is to revert back to regular MB badges, remove the extra decals, and *maybe* back to stock rims. That may be close enough to stock without alarming folks who either don't like mods or have no idea what Brabus is. You can then offer those as freebies to anyone who may want it.

Last edited by amgwagonne; 10-16-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:58 PM

2014 E63s
This car was taken straight from the dealership to Brabus, so the stock parts are no longer ( only stock parts I still have are the downpipes and stock paddles). As far as the emblems go, just the Brabus decal on the front was a few hundred dollars, so i'm extremely hesitant to remove emblems. I greatly understand that people dont want to buy a molested/raced/modded car ( in buying/selling exotic & luxury cars wholesale this kills the value) thats why I'm looking for the best place to list it.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
I too had the Brabus exhaust system, diffuser, trunk spoiler and wheels ( 21” ) on my C217 S63, when I traded it in, dealer was going to give me the same price with Brabus parts or stock parts.

Needless to say after paying about $35,000 for everything, I wasn’t going to just throw it way. Sold the wheels for $9,000 plus shipping ( purchase prices was $16,000 ) and have a few interested buyers for everything else.

Like other members have mention, people would rather buy the car stock and mod it the way they like it.

Good luck.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:42 PM

2014 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by gashby
This car was taken straight from the dealership to Brabus, so the stock parts are no longer ( only stock parts I still have are the downpipes and stock paddles). As far as the emblems go, just the Brabus decal on the front was a few hundred dollars, so i'm extremely hesitant to remove emblems. I greatly understand that people dont want to buy a molested/raced/modded car ( in buying/selling exotic & luxury cars wholesale this kills the value) thats why I'm looking for the best place to list it.
I totally get the reluctance and the attachment to all the awesome stuff you've made to your baby--it's human nature after all. The way I would approach this is to look at all of that as sunk cost and try to figure out what the goal is now and how to best get there. This goes back to what I mentioned above about what your comfort level is with waiting. I think if you post this everywhere (e.g., this forum's marketplace, cars.com, autotrader, craigslist, bring a trailer, etc), you *will eventually* find that buyer who is geeked out by your mods and will feel like they struck jackpot. The question is: how long are you willing to wait for that perfect buyer? If this is time-sensitive, you may need to look at your mods emotionlessly as sunk cost and accept a typical private-party offer.

As for the best place to find enthusiasts who are more likely to love your exact set of mods, I'm thinking this forum's marketplace and bring a trailer may be your best bet. But honestly, I would use the shotgun approach I mentioned earlier and just spend the time to weed out the non-serious buyers because your perfect buyer will be hard to find so your best shot is to cast a wide net.

I know that none of this really helps to get you what you *really* want but I hope that it at least helps you to figure out what you really need at the end of the day.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
what is the orig color?
depending on color, maybe remove the wrap and red accent stickers (windshield, windows, wheels) on the car - my buddy had the same color wrap on his M5 and feel it takes away a bit. There is a buyer for every car and while i like all the Brabus mods (bought my wagon modded) - just need to appeal to a broader audience is all.

one pro is you don't have the "performance seats" - those are uncomfortable as all hell for anything longer than a dirive around town - i was fortunate to find one without them - as all those seemed to sit longer at the dealer.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:36 PM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2014 E63 S
Welcome to the reality that most people will pay more for a stock car than a modded one. While it is a more work, it will almost always return more cash to return the car to stock and sell the mods separately (that's what I've always done with other cars). I suppose that not feasible for you if you already disposed of the stock parts when you bought the Brabus stuff.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Love the ride gashby!
Old 10-17-2019, 10:15 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
W221/W222/W213/X290
Originally Posted by gashby
Hello Everyone!

I've spent around 2 years taking my 2014 E63S where I wanted it to be as far as performance, and functionality. After getting a job buying and selling luxury and exotic cars at the beginning of this year, It personally makes more sense to me to buy an exotic I love, as opposed to owning the E63S. When I first bought the car, I sold another vehicle and Used only the E63S for a few thousand miles, before getting another Daily driver. I feel as thats where the E63S fits in the best, a daily driver for someone with a weekend exotic. For me personally, The E63S spends most of the time in the garage and I want someone to enjoy it the way I have. My biggest questions are: Where would you sell your used E63 for the biggest profit, preferably where a enthusiast will see it, not just dealers & what value do my aftermarket parts & warranty hold?

The warranty was bought through Fletcher Jones Mercedes for $6750. 3 years/36000 miles. I currently have 28,900 miles left on the warranty, and 2 years.
Full Brabus appearance Package, Brabus Exhaust with electronic control valve & Brabus Button, Brabus Carbon Fiber Rear diffuser, Brabus 19" Black Monoblock wheels, Brabus Paddle shifters, Carbon Fiber Steering wheel, 10.25 inch touch screen android navigation, Carbon fiber Front Diffuser, UPD air intake spacers & Filters, Weistec Downpipes, HD tune 732Hp/850 Lbs torque, Racing Brake slotted rotors and pads, Fully wrapped in Dark Grey gloss, Carbon Fiber front Grille, Carbon Fiber Gopro headrest mount, Custom fitted Sunshade,

The car currently has 67,xxx miles, which I know is pretty high among the other E63's I am seeing. I added photos of the car, as well as the imperfections.

only damage on wheels.

I opened the door and lightly tapped a cardboard box in my garage. pic 1

I opened the door and lightly tapped a cardboard box in my garage. pic 2

Cracked lip.

Thank you Everyone! This wont be my last AMG!

lemme get your front bumper 😋
Old 10-17-2019, 10:52 PM
Bbp

E46 M3
I'm lightly shopping for an E63. What turns me off from yours is the mileage and the red. Maybe the wrap too depending on what's underneath. Rest of the mods seem good.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:01 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63S AMG
My old WRX had $40k in aftermarket parts installed on it when I sold it. I sold it for a few grand over what it would have gone for bone stock. And the only reason I was able to do that was because someone had built their own car after mine and when they saw it for sale they decided they wanted the original. Modified Mercedes are going to be much more niche, but I suspect that value would still be equal to, if not just a few grand, over stock. As everyone has said, it's going to be harder to sell.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Nice car, best of luck with the sell