KW HAS Rear Links

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 222 Posts
E63S
KW HAS Rear Links

When I first set eyes on the rear lowering lilnks that came with the KW HAS kit... my first thought was "Damn, these lil' plastic things? They look flimsy as hell". After a a bit over a year since the kit was installed, I noticed the ride height was a bit off in the rear and decided to adjust it. Tried taking the driver's side link off by hand and it was surely a no go. Went at it with a screw driver and... sure enough, snapped the damn thing (just as I thought).

I suppose KW knows this and that's why they ship their HAS kits with 3 links.

To add insult to injury, after I finally got the spare link on, the car remained at about the same ride height (i guess I didn't shorten the link enough). Now, I do not have any more spare links. I didn't want to try disconnecting it again out of fear of snapping this one too. Can any one recommend a BETTER adjustable link? I just saw these on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-W2...UAAOSwdrhbyz7c that are metal and have these pins that lock the units into place. I wish they made ones that you could adjust without having to pop them out of those studs!

Also, if you have adjusted your ride height via links, do you have to do anything in terms of C, S and S+ modes while doing this job? Obviously, one would do all this work under the car while the car is NOT running and shutting off the car would mean it resets to C. What needs to be done with respects to this?

Thank you all in advance.