Sponsored by:

AMG Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 03:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
911 turbo, GT4, Audi s5, BMW M3, w213 AMG e63s
AMG Mode

Shopping for a 2014 or 15 e63 wagon and test drive one in Chicago yesterday and have a question: test drive was fun it’s a great car, but when I pushed the AMG button, I didn’t notice any light on the button light up, or anything pop up on the dash indicating AMG mode. Is this normal? I tried it in both sport and sport + and didn’t seem to do anything.
What does the AMG mode do, and should there be some indicator on the button or dash light up indicating it’s on? Thanks!
Old 12-15-2019, 06:11 PM

Received 370 Likes on 158 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Kjresener
Shopping for a 2014 or 15 e63 wagon and test drive one in Chicago yesterday and have a question: test drive was fun it’s a great car, but when I pushed the AMG button, I didn’t notice any light on the button light up, or anything pop up on the dash indicating AMG mode. Is this normal? I tried it in both sport and sport + and didn’t seem to do anything.
What does the AMG mode do, and should there be some indicator on the button or dash light up indicating it’s on? Thanks!
Like the M button on the BMW M models but worse lol..

Press it and it brings you to the AMG menu in the dash and brings up your saved Trans and suspension settings.. To go back to your default settings prior to pressing the AMG button you have to change each 1 by 1. It also doesnt save ur traction control setting from what i remember which is annoying.

M button on the BMW's will set every setting including traction ( Sport traction or traction fully off) and if you press it again will bring you back to ur settings prior to pressing the button, like comfort everything etc.

Old 12-15-2019, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by 5soko
Like the M button on the BMW M models but worse lol..

Press it and it brings you to the AMG menu in the dash and brings up your saved Trans and suspension settings.. To go back to your default settings prior to pressing the AMG button you have to change each 1 by 1. It also doesnt save ur traction control setting from what i remember which is annoying.

M button on the BMW's will set every setting including traction ( Sport traction or traction fully off) and if you press it again will bring you back to ur settings prior to pressing the button, like comfort everything etc.
Agreed it sucks. 99% of the time you are better served just clicking over to S+ or whatever
Old 12-16-2019, 01:18 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts
E63s
It’s a useless button, don’t waste your time.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
911 turbo, GT4, Audi s5, BMW M3, w213 AMG e63s
Great, thanks for the info. Wasn’t sure if something was wrong with the car. Sounds like best to just ignore that button if it’s such a chore to deal with.
thanks!