Clicking Noise Coming From Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2020 | 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63s AMG
Clicking Noise Coming From Steering Wheel

Hi Guys,

Need your input if any of you have come across this clicking noise. My E63s only have 33,000 miles on it and recently noticed a clicking noise when I park. When I put it in reverse and turn my wheel I would hear the click click noise and back to D and it would make that noise. It appears this noise only happens after driving the vehicle for over 40mins and strangely it happens on and off. The clicking appears to come from the steering wheel and you can also hear it outside which appears to be coming from the axle or boot location. This noise doesn’t happen during driving but only when parking.

Has anyone experienced this? And if so how did you rectify the annoying clicking noise. Also wondering if this has anything to do with the steering wheel recalls.
Old 06-24-2020 | 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
You also have KW HAS. I noticed a VERY faint "click" too when turning the steering wheel more than a full turn when parking (it doesn't always happen). THAT I am positive appeared AFTER HAS springs were installed. It doesn't bother me at all. I chalk that up to NVH tax one pays for stance, lol.
Old 06-24-2020 | 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63s AMG
Originally Posted by Rehabguy
You also have KW HAS. I noticed a VERY faint "click" too when turning the steering wheel more than a full turn when parking (it doesn't always happen). THAT I am positive appeared AFTER HAS springs were installed. It doesn't bother me at all. I chalk that up to NVH tax one pays for stance, lol.
I do have the KW HAS kit but never made any noises since I had them installed over 2yrs ago. I also have a buddy that owns a 14 E63s and he has this apparent clicking noise when parking and his suspension is completely OEM. So don’t think it’s the KW HAS causing it.