W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

I deleted my resonator - Best choice ever!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2020 | 10:33 AM

gone
Does anyone have a link to video of a 2012/13 with x-pipe or h-pipe replacing the resonator?

I love the sound of the stock exhaust but it's missing just a little more growl...
Old 08-06-2020 | 12:26 PM

E63
Originally Posted by AngryScotsman
This. I'd hate to be the OP's neighbor, knowing he'll likely WOT everywhere to sing the song of his people.

Worst thing is, doesn't really sound that amazing. Just, louder.
I don't "WOT" up and down my street. My E63 is the quietest of all my vehicles, but regardless of that I'm a respectful person. Don't assume because I want a little volume out of an otherwise muted car that I'm constantly on it. If I were I'd drive my Mustang or Ferrari around in 2nd gear.

Not everyone likes the sound of these cars, but not everyone can appreciate the sound of a lot of cars. It's not for everyone.
Old 08-06-2020 | 12:29 PM

E63
Originally Posted by FastWgn
Hmm, I did the same resonator delete, replaced with H pipe and 1.5" (I believe) center pipe (there is a thread here somewhere where the different sizes are discussed). Frankly, the difference is quite minor. Maybe because i have a wagon with additional resonators as well as '16 car?
The difference is subtle enough that my wife couldn't even hear the difference. Nothing like "waking up the neighbours" loud - at all. At least not more than the stock exhaust...
Actually, maybe the OP has the "real" 6.3 (non turbo) engine?

Nope, 2012 5.5 biturbo p30 performance pack. This was the only resonator on the entire exhaust. I was expecting three total but lovely surprise. 👍
Old 08-06-2020 | 03:53 PM

C63 W204 / E63S W212 / E63S W212
Also have a res delete, replaced with straights. Its not obnoxious at all, stock like on low end. You'd have to really try to annoy the people surrounding you. Also stock res is a H-pipe with in that enclosure.

Old 08-06-2020 | 11:28 PM

W212 E63; W204 C350
Thanks to numerous threads i also jumped the gun and did the reso delete. Did an h-pipe to make its layout as similar to stock resonator as possible. I wanted exhaust flow to be as close to stock reso as possible since i only wanted sound and keep engine running like stock. Was hoping to install 2.75in pipes but only 3in pipes are available.

Love that it still sounds stock except at WOT. And also that this mod is easily reversible

The following users liked this post:
Antigini (08-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020 | 10:46 PM

E63
Originally Posted by MBizzy
Thanks to numerous threads i also jumped the gun and did the reso delete. Did an h-pipe to make its layout as similar to stock resonator as possible. I wanted exhaust flow to be as close to stock reso as possible since i only wanted sound and keep engine running like stock. Was hoping to install 2.75in pipes but only 3in pipes are available.

Love that it still sounds stock except at WOT. And also that this mod is easily reversible

Yes it's not as dramatic as some people think. It's pretty much the same as having active valves in the exhaust, so I'm not sure why people get so worked up about it. 🤷 If it were a factory option I bet everyone would love it.
Old 08-07-2020 | 11:21 PM

CLS 63 and M4
Guess I’ll add mine...