W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Euro Headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2020 | 07:39 PM

14 E63S
Euro Headlights?

Has anyone successfully swapped our their North American headlights out for European versions? Any specific coding or wiring necessary? It was quite common to do so in the Audi world, and my OCD wants the amber side marker gone ASAP.
Old 08-09-2020 | 02:47 PM

E63s
I almost went ahead with this but didnt wanna spend 2k+ on euro headlights and not work properly. Id be very curious if you can get them to work.
I bought a broken W212 headlight and was not able to "bake it" and take it apart. They are sealed very well and not meant to be taken apart.
Meanwhile, I did a cheap mod that kinda looks like it. I wrapped the side market with dark taillight film, looks decent.

The following users liked this post:
cotmfk (08-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020 | 01:53 AM

2016 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by Audacious
Has anyone successfully swapped our their North American headlights out for European versions? Any specific coding or wiring necessary? It was quite common to do so in the Audi world, and my OCD wants the amber side marker gone ASAP.
New ballgame. As mentioned above - you can't bake them. You likely have to try to go from the inside na ddo the "break it apart with pliers and then try to get the **** out" approach...

Also - do search for Vlad and head lights here, there is a module you can buy that enables the true euro headlights for our cars. Amazing feature, blocked by US govmt.
The following users liked this post:
cotmfk (08-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020 | 01:02 PM

14 E63S
Originally Posted by SAMzE63s
I almost went ahead with this but didnt wanna spend 2k+ on euro headlights and not work properly. Id be very curious if you can get them to work.
I bought a broken W212 headlight and was not able to "bake it" and take it apart. They are sealed very well and not meant to be taken apart.
Meanwhile, I did a cheap mod that kinda looks like it. I wrapped the side market with dark taillight film, looks decent.
That's my dilemma as well, I would not hesitate in spending the 2k if I knew there was a surefire solution to getting them working. Did you pop it in the oven or use a heat gun when you tried to bake them? The black vinyl look surprisingly good though. (Also funny how I can recognize Edmonton just by one liquor store...)

Originally Posted by FastWgn
New ballgame. As mentioned above - you can't bake them. You likely have to try to go from the inside na ddo the "break it apart with pliers and then try to get the **** out" approach...

Also - do search for Vlad and head lights here, there is a module you can buy that enables the true euro headlights for our cars. Amazing feature, blocked by US govmt.
To me, it's strange that there would be housings like this for sale (with glue) if you weren't able to take them off somehow:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Benz-W2...YAAOSwwYldRFho

I baked a couple sets with success on my S4, however I still wasn't happy with the look and ended up buying entire Euro housings, which worked flawlessly after one coding adjustment to disable the side marker light. I am sure I'd have to do the same on this one to code out the light to prevent a dashboard error - after some searching I found this thread which shows turning off the amber lights is possible - researching more on this now.

I found that thread and emailed Vlad just recently actually. Will have to do this upgrade once I figure out my headlight situation.