W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTK1000 - 1000hp for $8k - what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 09:50 AM

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts
S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Originally Posted by Scott Gerhardt
Yep - you can get the transmission built to handle the power for about 6K.
By who?
Old 10-12-2020, 12:24 PM

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
2013 SL550 BiTurbo
Originally Posted by Sugar_Mouth
A flex fuel sensor is miles easier IMO.
biggest problem with that is you don't know what you have until AFTER you fill up and drive enough for all the fuel to mix and make it down the line to your sensor. With a Flex-Fuel tune, yes, a sensor makes more sense, but on a "fixed" E30/E50/ tune, you need to know what you have at the pump to be able to mix to the proper ratio for your tune to provide the most power without damage to engine components.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
DTK is not backed by a business. You are sending $7,999 to an individual in The country of Georgia, I will not speak to the quality of their products as if you search you can find plenty of issues in the Facebook groups. Chances are you will not be getting turbos that used factory rebuild kits, and who knows what wheels you are getting.

DO NOT SEND MONEY TO DTK AS FRIENDS AND FAMILY/GIFT OVER PAYPAL

I encourage everyone to do their research, We have a saying here that DTK customers are our best customers after they wait 3-4 months to receive their parts and have to do a PayPal claim or DTK refuses to honor their warranty.

These are really awesome numbers, and he does post Dragy results, But one guy building a Frankenstein in his garage willing to cut corners and install products that "do the job" is not the same as producing products that meet consumer standards.

Just a thought.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,246 Likes on 2,021 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
DTK is not backed by a business. You are sending $7,999 to an individual in The country of Georgia, I will not speak to the quality of their products as if you search you can find plenty of issues in the Facebook groups. Chances are you will not be getting turbos that used factory rebuild kits, and who knows what wheels you are getting.

I encourage everyone to do their research, We have a saying here that DTK customers are our best customers after they wait 3-4 months to receive their parts and have to do a PayPal claim or DTK refuses to honor their warranty.

These are really awesome numbers, and he does post Dragy results, But one guy building a Frankenstein in his garage willing to cut corners and install products that "do the job" is not the same as producing products that meet consumer standards.

Just a thought.
Good advice to anyone buying anything from a 3rd party, no matter the vendor...
The following users liked this post:
Simmelma (10-13-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
get it and ina few weeks youll be featured on tasos channel
make you famous

thats it
Old 10-15-2020, 12:51 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts
E63s
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance

Just a thought.
yeah cause VRP’s reputation is waaaay better than DTK lool
DTK might be at the bottom of the barrel, but VRP isn’t any higher.

​​​​​​...just a thought.
k thx bye
Old 10-15-2020, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Originally Posted by SAMzE63s
yeah cause VRP’s reputation is waaaay better than DTK lool
DTK might be at the bottom of the barrel, but VRP isn’t any higher.

​​​​​​...just a thought.
k thx bye
From our new website alone we will be shipping our 5,427th order, to our 1,231th customer. We supply over 175 shops with parts. The first 5,000 orders were processed, packed, and shipped by 1 person. And none of this includes the website we had for the first 3 years... we have had MAYBE 20 parts failures ever. Spend less time on Eric Mills Facebook page, it will melt your brain

We are about to release the biggest M157 Turbos to hit the market. Wheels manufactured in the USA, built with all Garret Parts.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:41 AM

Received 152 Likes on 108 Posts
2013 E63 P30, 2010 GL550
Very impressive details indeed. I am one of your customers. Love reading a business success story. I am very curious about the new M157 turbochargers. Hope you can provide additional info. Also, how is your plan affected by Garrett filing for Chapter 11? Perhaps, another thread.
The following users liked this post:
brutus_tx (10-15-2020)