W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock data log numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 07:19 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Stock data log numbers

Hey all. I just picked up an M157 and would like to check it's data logs vs some other logs from guys with stock motors if available. Just wanted to check health of the car before starting the mods. Thanks in advance
Old 06-16-2021, 05:53 AM

So here is a log using my Ndash OBD logger - I have exported it in Excel format so you don't need the Zeitronix software to read it. *Disclaimer* Although this is from a M157 engine, this was in my STOCK W216 CL63 AMG so might be slightly different stock tune to the W212, but I think negligible. I'm interested in comparing with others out there, whether stock or tuned.
Attached Files
File Type: csv
Stock log 100-200kph run.csv (38.0 KB, 70 views)
Old 06-16-2021, 12:31 PM

Received 140 Likes on 101 Posts
m157 SL63
Originally Posted by C32owner
So here is a log using my Ndash OBD logger - I have exported it in Excel format so you don't need the Zeitronix software to read it. *Disclaimer* Although this is from a M157 engine, this was in my STOCK W216 CL63 AMG so might be slightly different stock tune to the W212, but I think negligible. I'm interested in comparing with others out there, whether stock or tuned.
You can sort of tell by comparing different values, but can you add throttle position to the Excel file?

I assume the software is doing some kind of interpolating between values, since the time steps seem too short compared to what I've seen from OBD2 output (Torque app & HPTuners). Is there a way to turn interpolation off and output only direct data?

What are the units for speed (kmph?), IAT (Celsius?), Boost (psi?), and FRP?
Old 06-16-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by billvp218
You can sort of tell by comparing different values, but can you add throttle position to the Excel file?

I assume the software is doing some kind of interpolating between values, since the time steps seem too short compared to what I've seen from OBD2 output (Torque app & HPTuners). Is there a way to turn interpolation off and output only direct data?

I'll have a look at the interpolation story. Yes sorry out this end of the world we use metric system. So as you said in brackets are the units. FRP is the fuel rail pressure I believe in Kpa. I don't usually use throttle position in the logs, as I only log WOT but can do for the next run. If you want you can download the Zeitronix software which is free from this website ( http://www.zeitronix.com/zdl/) its the first download option on the list. Think 3.3.0 is the latest download. Then I will upload the log file again in that format which is much easier to read than a crappy excel doc. EDIT: I had a look at the log, and actually it did log the Throttle % and interesting at WOT it indicates 86% as being WOT. I did not look at the csv. format log but if it shows TP that will be the throttle position in a %. But yeah the Zeitronix software is what you want to read this file with. Could not find anything regarding interpolation there when converting the file type to .csv

Last edited by C32owner; 06-16-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by billvp218

Here is the original log file in .zdl format, if you downloaded the software you can use that to open this file making it a lot more easier to read. Unfortunately I had to zip the file as the .zdl format is not an accepted file type to post on this forum.
EDIT: To give you an idea of how it will look, here is a screenshot of the software with the data. Obviously one just slides the cursor along to where you want and the data numbers are actual for that point. I guess similar to HPtuners.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Stock 100-200kph run.zip (14.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by C32owner; 06-16-2021 at 02:41 PM.