W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Blind spot inoperative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2021 | 04:04 PM

2012 Mercedes benz c63 amg coupe 2011 bmw 335xi coupe
Blind spot inoperative

Hi guys this morning maybe 5 minutes after starting to drive I would get a blind spot inoperative warning but my blind spot sensors were still working just fine. I would get it like 5 minutes into every trip. This just started happening today. Any ideas?
Old 07-28-2021 | 04:06 PM

2012 Mercedes benz c63 amg coupe 2011 bmw 335xi coupe
And just for more info, as I saw this on most people post who had this issue but it actually stopped working. Car hasn’t ever been in a accident nor has it been bumped into or scratched.
Old 07-28-2021 | 05:19 PM

2014 ML63s
I have had this sometimes when in parking lots and dark spaces. The warning comes up and disappears after a few mins or when you restart the car. Don't worry about it.
Old 07-28-2021 | 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
First time I got such love note from mine, I was driving in snow. I asked on here and some said it could happen when sensors get dirty/covered up w/ snow. Then it also happened in the rain and also with normal dry conditions. Every time, the symptom would appear and disappear all on its own. Then my battery almost left me stranded at a Costco parking lot. I haven't seen that message since the new battery. Coincidence?
Old 07-29-2021 | 09:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Rehabguy
First time I got such love note from mine, I was driving in snow. I asked on here and some said it could happen when sensors get dirty/covered up w/ snow. Then it also happened in the rain and also with normal dry conditions. Every time, the symptom would appear and disappear all on its own. Then my battery almost left me stranded at a Costco parking lot. I haven't seen that message since the new battery. Coincidence?
Good call - change main battery or load test it and also change aux battery
Old 07-29-2021 | 02:05 PM

2014 AMG E63S
This has happened a few times to me and here is what I have found. First off my car is essentially like a new car. 2014 E63S with only 6k miles, so everything is as new, always garaged, always perfectly clean. Anyway, I have found that on the times I have received these errors was ONLY when the vehicle was parked straight into the garage. So I believe the guy above who said he’s only gotten it in certain parking situations is on to something. For example if I back into my garage I have never once gotten the message, or any other place. So for whatever reason the sensors/computers don’t always like something. Garage door opener right above, hot water heater and my furnace is just in front of the car. No idea. Anyway, I’ve received alerts for lane sense, active high beams, etc, but they all work perfectly fine and the errors go away.
I have a new main battery, but haven’t changed the aux battery. I thought about doing that, but it has tested fine and these errors are rare, and really a non issue since they still work even after the warning. Like mentioned, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Has your errors only popped up after the vehicle being parked in an exact certain spot?
Old 07-29-2021 | 05:50 PM

E63s
Had similar issue with mine, there is some kind of a recall for this. They only service it if it fails. Check with your local dealer. Mine was fixed last year for free on my 2014 for free
Old 08-01-2021 | 09:15 AM

2014 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by SAMzE63s
Had similar issue with mine, there is some kind of a recall for this. They only service it if it fails. Check with your local dealer. Mine was fixed last year for free on my 2014 for free
it wouldn’t be a recall but most likely just a TSB for a common issue. Any chance you have a print out of the receipt so I can see what they did or do you have anymore info? My 2014 occasionally does this, but only ever when it’s parked a certain way in my garage lol.
Old 08-12-2021 | 04:06 AM

E63s
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
it wouldn’t be a recall but most likely just a TSB for a common issue. Any chance you have a print out of the receipt so I can see what they did or do you have anymore info? My 2014 occasionally does this, but only ever when it’s parked a certain way in my garage lol.
hey! Sorry for the late reply. I’m over seas till the 25th. I should have the info at home with all the paper work. I texted the tech who did the work, I’ll see if he answers