Sponsored by:

Water/Meth injector at throttle body

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 04:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 E550 coupe
Water/Meth injector at throttle body

I am attempting to install a water/meth injector after the throttle body that is at the exit of the intercooler. From what I understand this is the preferred location for the injector.

I have searched the forums for any clues as to what the possibility is of doing this. GarretSS has posted some nice pics while showing us his intercooler mod, thanks to him for that great thread.

It looks like the intake manifold may have to come off, but maybe not. Anyways, do any of you have experience with mounting the injector in this location? Any help would be appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
brutus_tx (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 05:09 PM

Received 578 Likes on 249 Posts
2014 AMG E63S and 2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by cszczech
I am attempting to install a water/meth injector after the throttle body that is at the exit of the intercooler. From what I understand this is the preferred location for the injector.

I have searched the forums for any clues as to what the possibility is of doing this. GarretSS has posted some nice pics while showing us his intercooler mod, thanks to him for that great thread.

It looks like the intake manifold may have to come off, but maybe not. Anyways, do any of you have experience with mounting the injector in this location? Any help would be appreciated.
I suggest PM'ing Efrain aka Cifdig. He will be able to provide you with help in this space....
Old 09-08-2021, 11:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63 RWD
I have been researching this for other reasons but here is a thread from Cifdig that I found.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...orks-m157.html