Sponsored by:

Dealer buybacks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 08:16 PM

Received 154 Likes on 110 Posts
2016 E63s
Dealer buybacks

Thought I'd share an expression of interest from a local dealer in my 2016 E63s. Letter arrived today and offered $52,381.

I'm sure many of you have received similar offers since inventory is pretty bare bones. At this price I'm not even mildly interested in selling as there are examples out there in the mid-high $60's. So I don't think dealers are quite as desperate as I thought they would be, but we'll see what happens over the next few months. The car is bone stock, low miles, near perfect and still has 2 years of MB ELW left so I'm sure someone out there will be crazy enough to pay top dollar.

Will also be interested to see if they come back and use all the complaints I've tried to have resolved over the years against me. Of course I'll have to send them all the emails from the service advisor saying they couldn't replicate the issue and the car is perfect!

Old 12-20-2021, 11:55 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe 2020 E 63 S
Be interesting to see what happens with V8's in the future. I was at my local dealership today. I asked is it a year off from making them or completely going away from them moving forward. They didn't know.

I have a '13 E63 with 57k miles and a '18 GLE63s coupe with 40k miles. Love them both. Both fully paid off. No interest in selling.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:19 AM

Received 181 Likes on 139 Posts
On the shoulder
The next E63 is a plug in hybrid 4 cyl.

There are rumors of an E73. If so, that could be where the V8 goes, but I haven't seen anything to confirm that. Depending on your mileage and condition, W212 E63s can go for $60k+ in this market. I know one that sold with really low miles (I think 7k miles) that was in fantastic shape a few months ago. Looking back, the price on that one would probably be higher today. Another one received an offer for $64k and passed (with somewhere around 15-17k miles, I can't recall).

I just go back to the - what would you replace it with? The price of this car is up, sure, but so is pretty much everything else that's interesting to me.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:25 AM

2016 E63s
Originally Posted by cotmfk
The next E63 is a plug in hybrid 4 cyl.

There are rumors of an E73. If so, that could be where the V8 goes, but I haven't seen anything to confirm that. Depending on your mileage and condition, W212 E63s can go for $60k+ in this market. I know one that sold with really low miles (I think 7k miles) that was in fantastic shape a few months ago. Looking back, the price on that one would probably be higher today. Another one received an offer for $64k and passed (with somewhere around 15-17k miles, I can't recall).

I just go back to the - what would you replace it with? The price of this car is up, sure, but so is pretty much everything else that's interesting to me.
If I were to sell, I wouldn't buy anything right away. Drive the other beater for a year and see what the market does, hopefully comes back down to earth. Then jump back - maybe buy my old car back for $20k less! Or upgrade to an M177.

As much as I love the car, the plan was always to sell once the ELW was up. Market is making me think twice about accelerating that plan.

Old 12-21-2021, 03:43 PM

Received 257 Likes on 170 Posts
2014 E63S
Originally Posted by NoVAe63s
If I were to sell, I wouldn't buy anything right away. Drive the other beater for a year and see what the market does, hopefully comes back down to earth. Then jump back - maybe buy my old car back for $20k less! Or upgrade to an M177.

As much as I love the car, the plan was always to sell once the ELW was up. Market is making me think twice about accelerating that plan.

What about us who dont have any kind of ELW or warranty in general, but have super low miles. We should sell now and run huh?

Ive been thinking about it honestly tho. I really like the body lines of the M177 and i too would sell my car, take the money and chill for a year or so and see what happens, but the problem is I cant wait a year, i get itchy and dont think right and end up buying something il regret
The following users liked this post:
BCP (12-22-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 03:47 PM
SPONSOR

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by Mojo20032004
What about us who dont have any kind of ELW or warranty in general, but have super low miles. We should sell now and run huh?

Ive been thinking about it honestly tho. I really like the body lines of the M177 and i too would sell my car, take the money and chill for a year or so and see what happens, but the problem is I cant wait a year, i get itchy and dont think right and end up buying something il regret
You could sell and order something, having the process hold you over, yet still feel like you are doing something car related.
Old 12-21-2021, 04:06 PM

Received 257 Likes on 170 Posts
2014 E63S
Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
You could sell and order something, having the process hold you over, yet still feel like you are doing something car related.
The 2010-2016 e63 is affordable to the middle class from where I'm sitting. I am one of them, I am a middle class worker(doesn't seem like this will exist much longer tho). The cost of repairs is what scares the middle class away from buying them. So for me to order a brand new car from amg is not even within reach, maybe ordering a new Corolla sure lol. Maybe I bought something I want to have and feel good about, especially driving it, but always worry what if. I guess the term YOLO is what changes everything
Old 12-21-2021, 07:33 PM

2016 E63s
Originally Posted by Mojo20032004
The 2010-2016 e63 is affordable to the middle class from where I'm sitting. I am one of them, I am a middle class worker(doesn't seem like this will exist much longer tho). The cost of repairs is what scares the middle class away from buying them. So for me to order a brand new car from amg is not even within reach, maybe ordering a new Corolla sure lol. Maybe I bought something I want to have and feel good about, especially driving it, but always worry what if. I guess the term YOLO is what changes everything
I agree 100%, cost of ownership in the later years is not something I'm willing to spend my modest disposable income on. Live the dream during the warranty years and when the clock strikes midnight I'll go back to driving a pumpkin. Check the box and move onto the next bucket list item.

Speaking of, saw an M5 Comp up close this afternoon. Drool.
Old 12-21-2021, 08:48 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2015 CLS63, 2020 GLC300 Coupe

Pretty much in the same boat. I got a 15 CLS63 with 53k on it. Are people really getting these prices for their cars? I’ve seen ones with more miles than mine (and not as nice) listed for 55-60k.

Usually one trades in for something better but at these prices it’s crazy…..nothing I could/would upgrade to less than 80-90k. I might buy a new non-amg or lease until prices come back down.
Old 12-21-2021, 08:49 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2015 CLS63, 2020 GLC300 Coupe
I agree 100%, cost of ownership in the later years is not something I'm willing to spend my modest disposable income on. Live the dream during the warranty years and when the clock strikes midnight I'll go back to driving a pumpkin. Check the box and move onto the next bucket list item.

Speaking of, saw an M5 Comp up close this afternoon. Drool.
I love the M8 GC 🤫