Sponsored by:

Morendi Tune Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 07:40 PM

Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts
C63 Vert
Morendi Tune Review

So I had my TCU tuned by morendi for a while, it was good. I've been running home-brew tunes with HP tuners after 5th gear power loss with one of the more well known tuners (not RENNtech, weistec, eurocharged). These guys told me to log but didn't tell me how to.

Anyway fast forward several months. Morendi reached out offered me a chance to review his tune and tuning process, and he gave away a tune on my YouTube/Facebook/website/instagram tunedmercedes. I should throw out there that Eurocharged gave away $100 gc for use too (thanks Jake and Eugene!).

Right off the bat, Morendi uses open port 2.0 to remote tune which is nice since it is about $40-200 and it can also log.

The process in general was:
-remote login on windows
-Log my tune
-Flash his tune
-Log Morendi Bench tune
--(still had the 5th gear cutting power issue)
-Flash updated tune based on your car logs
--(no more 5th gear power loss)
---turned out to be overboosting

I really like the process of flashing a bench tune and then logging it. I think this is a pretty big deal for people who are running a CAI, high flow or custom exhaust etc, because he is actually looking at your car and what is going on and changing parameters such as torque to load max air flow etc based on that. This may also be good for those who are slightly higher on the odometer to make sure the tune is actually running well on your car.

Eugene with Morendi quickly saw that I was over boosting in fifth, and addressed max air flow and torque to load to address it. This was an issue I was searching for an answer for a while and posted on the C218 sub forum here.

I have not done any dragy pulls yet. Will post some numbers when I get them.

Check out this video on the process using openport to tune and log, and feel free to shoot me any questions. if you'd like to reach out to morendi try instagram.com/morendi

Last edited by cls5504matic; 01-04-2022 at 12:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by cls5504matic:
CerBErusM113 (01-05-2022), thesaintusa (01-03-2022)