W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to place jack stands after lifting car from jacking points?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 04:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E63 AMG S
Where to place jack stands after lifting car from jacking points?

Hi everyone,

I'm about to do my first DIY mechanical work (brake job) rather than paying dealer or indy to do it for me. I watched a bunch of videos on how to do the job but the only thing I'm missing now is where to place jack stands. Hardly any detailed YouTube video out either so would be really great if someone could chime in. I know there are 4 jacking points on the car. If I use those to lift the vehicle, where do I place the jack stands afterwards? I only have one jack and I will purchase one jack stand assuming that's enough working on one corner at a time.

So far, I'm thinking front, I can put the jack stand where the control arm connects onto the car (not on the control arm itself since it's curved and would not be stable) and the rear, perhaps I can use a wood block / lift at the rear diff and then put the jack stands where the jack pad locations are? Help! If you guys have pics that may help a lot as well

Old 02-21-2022, 09:26 AM

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts
W212 E350
There is a center jack point at the subframe under the motor with a plastic brace on it. For the rear, I use the rear diff and put the jackstands on the jack points. I wouldn't use control arms since you can crush some stuff accidentally.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by DeTh
There is a center jack point at the subframe under the motor with a plastic brace on it. For the rear, I use the rear diff and put the jackstands on the jack points. I wouldn't use control arms since you can crush some stuff accidentally.
question is, considering how low the car is how do you even get to the front center jack point? I only have one floor jack. Was thinking if I had two I could lift the side then lift the front middle jack point but I only have one? — or is the front middle jack point assessable with only one jack?
Old 02-21-2022, 01:03 PM

Received 140 Likes on 101 Posts
m157 SL63
There are a few neat options which have the jack built into jackstands.

I use the Rennstand by Safe Jack: https://safejacks.com/collections/rennstand. The center piece of the jackstand goes on top of the "hockey puck" of the jack, then you jack the car up, add the support legs, and remove the jack. I like that because I can get it under my car with a low profile jack.

There's also unijack but it seems more suitable for something with much more clearance:
Amazon Amazon
Old 02-21-2022, 01:20 PM

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts
W212 E350
Originally Posted by speedydriver
question is, considering how low the car is how do you even get to the front center jack point? I only have one floor jack. Was thinking if I had two I could lift the side then lift the front middle jack point but I only have one? — or is the front middle jack point assessable with only one jack?
I have a low profile jack, and my car is lowered, so I drive up onto 2x4s before jacking up my car.