Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63S Iron to Carbon Brake Upgrade pics and part numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 12:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63s
Quick question on your swap. Maybe this was answered and I missed it...but there's a lot of content here, so please forgive me.

Will I need different brake lines for my fronts if I am going 4WD to 4WD? Or was that only a problem posed by the fact that you purchased 2WD setup?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 04-21-2024, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,184 Likes on 622 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by richpsu
Quick question on your swap. Maybe this was answered and I missed it...but there's a lot of content here, so please forgive me.

Will I need different brake lines for my fronts if I am going 4WD to 4WD? Or was that only a problem posed by the fact that you purchased 2WD setup?

Thanks in Advance!
Only a problem because I purchased a 2WD setup.

2WD and AWD use different front brake lines and routing (AWD being longer and with a banjo bolt).

In a nutshell Iron and CCB brake lines are the same. AWD and 2WD brake lines are different and so is the boss on the front caliper.

What makes it confusing for me is the front caliper part numbers are the same, but if coming from an older 2WD car the caliper brake line boss will not accept the AWD banjo! But ordering the caliper part number today gave the correct AWD boss, which also is backwards compatible with the 2WD lines lol. Mercedes seems to have revised the boss to work with both and not changed the number.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by I.T. Guy; 04-21-2024 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63s
Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
Only a problem because I purchased a 2WD setup.

2WD and AWD use different front brake lines and routing (AWD being longer and with a banjo bolt).

In a nutshell Iron and CCB brake lines are the same. AWD and 2WD brake lines are different and so is the boss on the front caliper.

What makes it confusing for me is the front caliper part numbers are the same, but if coming from a an older 2WD car the caliper brake line boss will not accept the AWD banjo! But ordering the caliper part number today gave the correct AWD boss, which also is backwards compatible with the 2WD lines lol. Mercedes seems to have revised the boss to work with both and not changed the number.

I hope this helps!
Perfect! That was my takeaway was from your posts…but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for confirming!

Thanks again for the detailed write up.
The following users liked this post:
I.T. Guy (04-21-2024)