W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to confirm E63 AMG mileage is accurate?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
How to confirm E63 AMG mileage is accurate?

Hey guys,

I'm always doing stupid things and so my ok running W212 E63 (n/a) has about 86000 miles on it. I come across a non-repairable E63 at salvage auction with 28,000 miles on it and I buy it.

My idea was to have a lower mileage drivetrain. I'm swapping everything, engine/gearbox/driveshaft/rear cradle complete with the diff and axles as well as the front control arm assemblies and the steering rack and suspension.

The interior on mine was pretty bad and that's why the purchase made even more sense because the salvage car's interior looks CLEAN.

The new engine has the black top valve covers, I still haven't the engine number but I assume it's the revised headbolt version, which I didn't think came in the W212 E63, only the 507 C63s but I might be wrong (someone clarify if you can).

Anyway I put both cars side by side and started to strip both and get the whole thing going.

I have some fears on the mileage of the car now though, if they're genuine or not. The interior would suggest they are but firstly, the car had been smacked in the front and rear before. I don't know if the previous owner just doesn't know to drive or maybe it was the same accident and they were rear ended slightly too. The headlight brackets were glued and so were some of the front supports, also the front and rear reinforcement in bent and dinged respectively. This NOT from the final accident which wrote the car off as that was a side swipe on the left side. I'm scared the car hasn't been maintained well.

As for the mileage, the engine sump is leaking oil pretty badly. Do you guys think this is possible for the seal to fail at only 28,000 miles or is it more of an age rather than mileage thing?

The operation is already too far done so can't turn back now but what should I do before installing the new engine besides fixing the oil sump gasket.

Also one of the engine mounts is ****ed really bad. It has an aftermarket exhaust so I'm a bit nervous now on this new drivetrain.

Would love to hear some feedback from you intelligent, insightful human beings.

Thank you in advance.