Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,178 Likes on 620 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Best carbon bits

Who makes the good stuff?

Mirrors, splitters, diffusers, interior pieces etc.

Anyone make a wagon diffuser?

The more I see carbon optioned cars the more I like it. Mine came with none. I’d like to start “upgrading”.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
e63s
I've been very happy with my RW Carbon parts.

Found them to be very good quality and well priced. They don't make all the pieces your looking for though.

Mercedes W212 E63 AMG Carbon Fiber Parts (rwcarbon.com)
The following users liked this post:
BCP (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 09:23 AM
BCP

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts
2014 E63s
Renntech offers high quality exterior carbon parts but they are very expensive and often hard to get, especially the wagon diffuser; RW Carbon is probably the best of the rest, but doesnt offer wagon diffuser or interior pieces.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:34 AM

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts
E63S
My $0.02... I tend to avoid the groups that spam forums. Figured, if you have a quality product, you wouldn't need to spam forums, as the customer base would know the quality products. Just feels like the dudes at popular tourist traps trying to sell their junk, screaming at people.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Anyone ever try any of the cheap stuff direct?

For example this diffuser looks great in the pics............ and the price is 1/10 the unavailable one......

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/313527349585...mis&media=COPY
Old 07-13-2022, 02:26 PM
BCP

2014 E63s
Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
Anyone ever try any of the cheap stuff direct?

For example this diffuser looks great in the pics............ and the price is 1/10 the unavailable one......

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/313527349585...mis&media=COPY
Fitment and quality is always going to be an issue with china-direct CF parts, add in the time difference and resulting communication issues and delays shipping things back and forth and it really isnt worth the hassle. The one you linked doesn't appear to be offered in a wagon fitment either. The good thing about RWCarbon, JL Motoring, and others who re-sell China made CF parts is they are US-based and easy to work with should an issue arise. They have typically have inventory here so if there is a need to replace a part, it is fairly quick. I have RW's CF mirror housings and they are nice and fit well. I ordered a CF spoiler from them and it wasnt even close to fitting well but the quality was otherwise good. I contacted them via their IG and they admitted the one i ordered has known fitment issues but it is popular so they continue to offer it. They helped me get it returned with no fuss and issued a refund. Im not aware of anyone other than Renntech who offers a wagon diffuser, sadly.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by BCP
Fitment and quality is always going to be an issue with china-direct CF parts, add in the time difference and resulting communication issues and delays shipping things back and forth and it really isnt worth the hassle. The one you linked doesn't appear to be offered in a wagon fitment either. The good thing about RWCarbon, JL Motoring, and others who re-sell China made CF parts is they are US-based and easy to work with should an issue arise. They have typically have inventory here so if there is a need to replace a part, it is fairly quick. I have RW's CF mirror housings and they are nice and fit well. I ordered a CF spoiler from them and it wasnt even close to fitting well but the quality was otherwise good. I contacted them via their IG and they admitted the one i ordered has known fitment issues but it is popular so they continue to offer it. They helped me get it returned with no fuss and issued a refund. Im not aware of anyone other than Renntech who offers a wagon diffuser, sadly.
Yeah, I'm just flopping around looking for wagon parts, not trying to save money, just trying to find SOMETHING.
I already tried RW first and they don't have any Wagon diffusers. I guess I also just learned that wagon and sedan diffusers are different.
Old 07-13-2022, 03:02 PM
BCP

2014 E63s
Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
Yeah, I'm just flopping around looking for wagon parts, not trying to save money, just trying to find SOMETHING.
I already tried RW first and they don't have any Wagon diffusers. I guess I also just learned that wagon and sedan diffusers are different.
Yeah man, I get it! Sadly the wagon diffusers are different. Wild that nobody makes a knock-off RT wagon diffuser - guess the demand really is or was that low.
Old 07-13-2022, 03:04 PM
BCP

2014 E63s
I see JL Motoring offers one for the pre-facelift wagon. It isnt very aggressive but it is carbon.

https://jl-motoring.com/collections/...-rear-diffuser

Curious what is the actual difference between the sedan and wagon diffuser - something insignificant enough you could get a sedan diffuser and get a bodyshop to make it work?