Sponsored by:

Openport Xentry Quick test

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-63 AMG
Openport Xentry Quick test

About a year ago, I purchased a pre-loaded SSD laptop 360GB hard drive from Aliexpress, that was preloaded with Xentry (as well as Vediamo, DTS Monaco, EWA, DTS Venice) as well as EPC (parts) and WIS/ASRA (repair) info. Cost $130 supplied with a Tactrix clone ODB to USB openport adapter and USB cable. Once the hard drive was installed, I had to activate Xentry via a remote session using Teamview to allow configuration and activation of Xentry. Once completed, everything was working ... the Tactrix clone failed soon after, and so I purchased a genuine Tactrix openport unit from California (about $200), and everything has worked well from then onwards.

Since then I have used Xentry to monitor any quirks that occur with my 2010 E63 AMG. I have played with Vediamo and Monaco, but they are way beyond my capability to use (I did get Monaco to connect). EPC and WIS are really helpful (although I did have both from an ebay vendor). I have put together a Youtube video on using the Xentry to check my car - the QuickTest that the dealer techs run when you take you car in (my very first attempt and video editing, so very choppy): you can

The Xentry version supplied also has full access to all restricted features, so changing of factory parameters is possible (I am not confident to do so yet!), but I'd like to set the headlights to the European "follow the steering" setting (not allowed in the US). Suggestions?
Old 11-14-2022, 07:20 PM

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
05 C55-gone 06 E55-gone 15 P85D 14 E63 S 11 Sonata 😅
Originally Posted by atgordon
About a year ago, I purchased a pre-loaded SSD laptop 360GB hard drive from Aliexpress, that was preloaded with Xentry (as well as Vediamo, DTS Monaco, EWA, DTS Venice) as well as EPC (parts) and WIS/ASRA (repair) info. Cost $130 supplied with a Tactrix clone ODB to USB openport adapter and USB cable. Once the hard drive was installed, I had to activate Xentry via a remote session using Teamview to allow configuration and activation of Xentry. Once completed, everything was working ... the Tactrix clone failed soon after, and so I purchased a genuine Tactrix openport unit from California (about $200), and everything has worked well from then onwards.

Since then I have used Xentry to monitor any quirks that occur with my 2010 E63 AMG. I have played with Vediamo and Monaco, but they are way beyond my capability to use (I did get Monaco to connect). EPC and WIS are really helpful (although I did have both from an ebay vendor). I have put together a Youtube video on using the Xentry to check my car - the QuickTest that the dealer techs run when you take you car in (my very first attempt and video editing, so very choppy): you can view the video here.

The Xentry version supplied also has full access to all restricted features, so changing of factory parameters is possible (I am not confident to do so yet!), but I'd like to set the headlights to the European "follow the steering" setting (not allowed in the US). Suggestions?
i believe @kenneyd made YouTube vid on this, exotic car garage?

Last edited by AMGfifty5; 11-14-2022 at 10:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by AMGfifty5:
atgordon (10-19-2023), BCP (11-15-2022)