Sponsored by:

OEM motor mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 12:58 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
'14 E63 S AMG
OEM motor mounts

My M157 has bad motor mounts. I've seen the Exotic DIY video on how to replace them... but since step 1 of @kenneyd 's procedure is "have a lift in your garage" I am stuck sending it to a shop.

at 55k, that these mounts have failed is BMW-level-stupidity. The shops nearby are not willing - so far - to install the aftermarket billet/poly mounts, since I'd hate to put the OEM ones in only to have to change them again in ~5 years.

But - the last shop I talked to said there's an updated part number for the OEM ones... does anyone know if they've been updated to be better, or should I just keep looking for a shop willing to install the billet ones?

Last edited by QuadTurboPrius; 06-27-2023 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:30 PM

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts
14 E63, 05 E55, 03 Evo 8, 08 F250, 06 R6R, 92 Talon TSI, and instability
Installing the aftermarket mounts is exactly the same as installing the oem ones. Find a shop that will install what you want.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:35 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
Originally Posted by WANTED!!
Installing the aftermarket mounts is exactly the same as installing the oem ones. Find a shop that will install what you want.
Yep, that's what I am doing... still looking.

My question is about the part -- whether Mercedes has fixed their garbage mounts or not.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:33 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
Also - Any ideas on what billet/poly mounts people prefer? I think I found a shop willing to put them in

I saw the @East Coast Euro ones as suggested on the Go-Fast thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ml#post8190721) but ECE either doesn't exist anymore or doesn't want/too busy to talk to me about their products... so I need other, vetted choices.

Last edited by QuadTurboPrius; 06-27-2023 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 09:14 PM
SPONSOR

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by QuadTurboPrius
Also - Any ideas on what billet/poly mounts people prefer? I think I found a shop willing to put them in

I saw the @East Coast Euro ones as suggested on the Go-Fast thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ml#post8190721) but ECE either doesn't exist anymore or doesn't want/too busy to talk to me about their products... so I need other, vetted choices.
Hi QuadTurboPrius, Our company recently released billet/polyurethane engine mounts for the E63S platform. While these mounts are newly released, we are not new to engine mount manufacturing. Creative Steel has been manufacturing polyurethane engine and suspension parts for over 10 years, we are just more well known in the Cadillac CTS-V crowd. I have posted a link to our ELIMIVIBE engine mounts below. Although these do not yet have reviews for this specific mount, you can look at any of the reviews across our other platforms (i.e. W211, W204, 09-15 Cadillac CTS-V etc) since the internal design/structure is the same across our engine mounts. They will all perform the same.

14-16 MERCEDES E63/E63S AMG (ELIMIVIBE™) ENGINE MOUNTS

Old 06-27-2023, 10:07 PM

Boosted Benz now makes those mounts. They also offer a heat shield that's an improvement over the stock oem rubber diaper.

Last edited by WANTED!!; 06-27-2023 at 10:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BCP (06-28-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 10:34 PM
SPONSOR

Received 368 Likes on 221 Posts
11 E550, 16 AMG GTS, 13 S550
you located anywhere near San Jose, CA?

Chris Tran, Service Manager/Owner
Amsoil Independent Dealer #7236674
Old 06-27-2023, 11:14 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by ChrisHimself
you located anywhere near San Jose, CA?
If you are referring to us we are located in Salem OR.
Old 06-28-2023, 02:27 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
Sweet - I am in Portland, OR... Do you have a storefront?
Old 06-28-2023, 02:31 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
Originally Posted by Creative Steel
If you are referring to us we are located in Salem OR.
Ok - I think I want to order a set...

But - what's the longevity expected out of these? I did see the heat-fabric offered on the boosted benz ones... which made me wonder if the heat in the engine bay can cause the poly to melt or something? I am not tuning this car - it is stock and will stay that way. I want mounts that I dont have to touch ever again

edit -- order placed after seeing videos like this one:

Last edited by QuadTurboPrius; 06-28-2023 at 04:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by QuadTurboPrius:
Creative Steel (06-28-2023), NH_E63 (07-17-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 04:43 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Sweet - I am in Portland, OR... Do you have a storefront?

But - what's the longevity expected out of these? I did see the heat-fabric offered on the boosted benz ones... which made me wonder if the heat in the engine bay can cause the poly to melt or something? I am not tuning this car - it is stock and will stay that way. I want mounts that I dont have to touch ever again
We do not have an actual storefront but our customers are always welcome to come by the shop and pick up their orders.

As far as longevity, we don't like to promise anything without testing it first. What I can say is we have been testing Elimivibes in several cars for over 3 years now. All of them are still operating like they should. We also offer a lifetime warranty on all of our polyurethane to the original purchaser. (I do want to note that while the Elimivibe's are a new design, we have been manufacturing polyurethane engine mounts for over 15 years.)

The heat fabric offered by boosted benz may help with some of the radiant heat on their engine mounts. Through testing we noticed that radiant heat had low effect on heating up the polyurethane inside the Elimivibe's. Polyurethane can and will melt with higher temperatures, however, you should be aware that not all polyurethane is the same. Just like metals, woods, plastics, rubbers, etc. there are different polyurethanes and we have not had issues with our polyurethane ever melting like others.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or you can give us a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions. (503) 316-1811 - Josh
QuadTurboPrius (06-28-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 04:52 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
We do not have an actual storefront but our customers are always welcome to come by the shop and pick up their orders.

As far as longevity, we don't like to promise anything without testing it first. What I can say is we have been testing Elimivibes in several cars for over 3 years now. All of them are still operating like they should. We also offer a lifetime warranty on all of our polyurethane to the original purchaser. (I do want to note that while the Elimivibe's are a new design, we have been manufacturing polyurethane engine mounts for over 15 years.)

The heat fabric offered by boosted benz may help with some of the radiant heat on their engine mounts. Through testing we noticed that radiant heat had low effect on heating up the polyurethane inside the Elimivibe's. Polyurethane can and will melt with higher temperatures, however, you should be aware that not all polyurethane is the same. Just like metals, woods, plastics, rubbers, etc. there are different polyurethanes and we have not had issues with our polyurethane ever melting like others.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or you can give us a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions. (503) 316-1811 - Josh
Thanks - I put my order in an hour or so ago. As long as the parts arrive in time, they'll be installed on the 10th. I'll write up my experience here once I get a feel for them
Old 06-28-2023, 05:18 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
For reference, attached is the current state of the motor mounts under brake-torque
Attached Files
File Type: mpeg
engine_trimmed.scaled.mpeg (3.28 MB, 66 views)
Old 06-28-2023, 05:19 PM

edit -- order placed after seeing videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KlYMFLB5-w
Our mounts literally sit right below the turbos. Any mount not shielded will deteriorate significantly faster than those shielded. Those who didn't shield their mounts after replacement learned that lesson the hard way.
The stock shield does work to a point. However, they're rubberized and also wear with heat and time. The Boosted benz shield uses tried and true reflective heat sleeve material.
Old 06-28-2023, 06:10 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Thanks - I put my order in an hour or so ago. As long as the parts arrive in time, they'll be installed on the 10th. I'll write up my experience here once I get a feel for them
They will be headed your way tomorrow! We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing your write up.
Old 06-28-2023, 06:20 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by WANTED!!
Our mounts literally sit right below the turbos. Any mount not shielded will deteriorate significantly faster than those shielded. Those who didn't shield their mounts after replacement learned that lesson the hard way.
The stock shield does work to a point. However, they're rubberized and also wear with heat and time. The Boosted benz shield uses tried and true reflective heat sleeve material.
I understand your concern with the engine mounts sitting below the turbos. They also sit next to the turbos on the Audi's that we sell mounts for. We have been manufacturing polyurethane engine mounts for quite some time and we hear over and over how the radiant heat is the problem. Through our testing, we have found that to be only a small portion of the heat related issues engine mounts in general experience. In some cases that heat shielding can keep heat from escaping the engine mounts which is also a problem.
Old 06-28-2023, 06:24 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
For reference, attached is the current state of the motor mounts under brake-torque
Yea that is not supposed to do that . You will only see about 1/4' of movement out of the Elimivibes.
Old 07-11-2023, 06:01 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
Mounts in and a few country roads explored.

Observe the motion of the engine in the attached video compared to the video posted above. Almost no movement. This doesn't come with any change I could detect in the noise or vibration of the engine in the seat or cabin... if no one had told me (at idle) I would not have thought anything changed

On acceleration - wow. Big difference. It's clear that the engine and transmission are in much greater harmony. Acceleration is noticeably quicker while the engine seems to be working less somehow... hard to describe, but it's amazing!

When I bought this car, I was in love. Then I discovered oil in the harness and on the ECU plugs - I fixed that and it was like a car that was amazing but had been suffering with a cold and I didn't know it. Suddenly is was more refined and behaved, but still a monster. It seems clear that there was some false-signaling caused by the oil as the ECU was trying to do its job. Once that was cleaned up, it was free to behave as designed. (see: https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...rness-oil.html)

These mounts do a similar thing in an unexpected way. The car just seems so much more in charge of itself - tighter and more immediate. I don't have Dragy installed but where before I wondered if I was in the 3s for 0-60... today there was no doubt at all.

Props to @Creative Steel and Matrix Integrated auto (Portland Oregon area indy shop). The product is great - cheaper than OEM, and will probably outlast them too - and the install was clean. No oddities or calls from the shop about fitment.

Anyone buying this platform MUST check their harness and their mounts. Very happy!
Attached Files
File Type: mpeg

Last edited by QuadTurboPrius; 07-11-2023 at 07:05 PM.
ChrisHimself (07-11-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 291 Likes on 243 Posts
2010 E63 AMG, 2003 E500
Is there any loss in driving comfort installing these billet/polyurethane mounts?
Old 07-11-2023, 06:21 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
Originally Posted by Bahnstormer
Is there any loss in driving comfort installing these billet/polyurethane mounts?
Not even a little. As I said - if someone had done this in the night, I would not have noticed any difference until I was trying to accelerate (hard)... then it would have been clear something changed.

Last edited by QuadTurboPrius; 07-11-2023 at 06:40 PM.
Bahnstormer (07-12-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 09:37 PM

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300

Old 07-12-2023, 10:02 AM

'14 E63 S AMG
Yikes - Mine weren't anywhere near that bad... in fact, it looks like only one of mine had failed. After I got them back from the shop, one of them seemed really firm - hard to move by hand. The other was really easy to move. So, like the ECU thing on my car, I think I caught it 'just in time'

How many miles were on car using those mounts?
Old 07-12-2023, 04:07 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Just saw this thread and we really appreciate the support! Positive feedback is always a bonus to hear and it is what drives us to keep creating new product! If you wouldn't mind leaving a review on our website, it would help us out immensely. Below is a direct link to the E63/E63S page. All you have to do is click the "review" tab below the image and then leave your review. Please feel free to reach out with any questions!

Old 07-12-2023, 05:08 PM

'14 E63 S AMG
Just saw this thread and we really appreciate the support! Positive feedback is always a bonus to hear and it is what drives us to keep creating new product! If you wouldn't mind leaving a review on our website, it would help us out immensely. Below is a direct link to the E63/E63S page. All you have to do is click the "review" tab below the image and then leave your review. Please feel free to reach out with any questions!

Happy to - Done!
Old 07-12-2023, 05:17 PM

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
How many miles were on car using those mounts?
<50k - that said, the killer was a hit from an idiot in a Ford Compensator pickup who got my rear corner and spun the car 90deg. The thought is that it was failing and that it gave up the ghost then.

The Create Steel mounts at first blush as as smooth as my E63(s) have ever seemed to be. I can not say I know they are there over an OE mount. To be careful, I had the OE mounts on hand just incase the fit was not 100% with the Creative Steel units...so far (two days later) could not be happier.
Creative Steel (07-14-2023)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM motor mounts