Sponsored by:

Must be a late April Fool's joke - Dealer Brake Job

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 01:01 PM

Received 156 Likes on 110 Posts
2016 E63s
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Except they don't know that OP is switching vehicles and leaving them so they lost more than $1000.
I would guess since I made the comments about the horribly incorrect quote in the MBUSA survey they had some egg on their face with corporate. It's not like I'm some high-net worth individual that is buying a G wagon every year.

But I'll take what I can get, and maybe the lesson here is that the surveys are taken seriously from time to time and a bad score with fact-based comments can help advocate for minor situations.
The following users liked this post:
PeterUbers (10-09-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 01:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,704 Likes on 2,300 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by NoVAe63s
I would guess since I made the comments about the horribly incorrect quote in the MBUSA survey they had some egg on their face with corporate. It's not like I'm some high-net worth individual that is buying a G wagon every year.

But I'll take what I can get, and maybe the lesson here is that the surveys are taken seriously from time to time and a bad score with fact-based comments can help advocate for minor situations.
The experience is definitely mixed, some forum members reported that bad reviews on Google or surveys filled to corporate got them in a situation that such dealership in question refused to service their car or purposely damaged the car. They also got yelled at for why did you leave such review, why didn't you talk to us first that sort of thing, now since you started it, prepare for payback. Ridiculous and I was shocked to hear that from some posts here, it was a year ago though when I read this. Then there are those that are reluctant to go back to that dealership after leaving a bad review fearing being attacked by the dealership or otherwise purposely damaging the vehicle.

Glad to hear it worked out in your favour but in those other cases (again, things might had changed because dealership only care about the short term gain back then compared to now trying to attract as many customers as possible), leaving bad reviews usually is the last resort if the dealership really isn't willing to work with you.