Cylinder walls at 72k miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2024, 10:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,162 Likes on 1,520 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Jaybird123
I guess that is entirely possible…it doesn’t really match the profile I see in Carfax history, though that’s perhaps just my bias. Though the VMI wouldn’t show that detail either, I hope it further informs on issues reported to dealer…? It was a CPO vehicle under second owner, also brokered by original local dealership
i have four ecu's... my dealer never knew
Old 09-23-2024, 08:27 PM

Received 391 Likes on 271 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Soooo, I got an add oil light today at 285 miles. I have feeling I under filled since I don’t have a level surface at my house. Normally, as mentioned in a very old post of mine, I would have carbon flecking on the back of the wagon which I always attributed to blow by but that idea was contradicted by others in that thread. I have not had any smoking or flecking and will check to see that filtercap and drain plug are tight in the morning. After that, I will use xentry on a flat surface to verify my oil.

I also had little to no flecking left after checkvalves and pcv.

When I put in the 5-50 I did not go to 9.5 and think I should have. I added slightly under nine…which depending, can be low. I was waiting to get on a flatter surface to verify before adding.

I think it will be raining tomorrow so I’ll likely report back on Wednesday. This would be more oil use than ever as I normally get 1500 plus before adding under hard driving conditions. Oil level was verified as low on the dipstick when I stopped at a gas station on my drive today to the eastern shore which was about 140mi.

Last edited by Baltistyle; 09-23-2024 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2024, 04:58 PM

Received 391 Likes on 271 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Step one. Read if the oil is quarts or liters.

The castrol 5w50 came in individual quarts. The driven oil I flushed with was also in quarts. I have been using Motul jugs so long that I ASSumed I was pouring liters.

So the first time I filled with just under 9quarts with Driven. I pulled out just over eight 8 liters as measured in the waste oil pan, then added back only 8 quarts of Castrol. So I started at least one quart low depending if you like 9-9.5.

Even though the surface I use is not level, it is always the same place, and relative. I add the correct amount of oil, check the stick, it reads a bit high and I’m good. This time i did not do a hot cycle check and the oil is thicker so likely gave me a reading higher than my normal oil, given a similar wait time.

Something to look out for if we are to move to new oils during these tests.
The following users liked this post:
PeterUbers (09-24-2024)