Chris Harris drives W213 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Originally Posted by chiromikey
now actually feel like a good massage chair instead of a kid behind you in the movie theater.
LOL you are funny
Old 08-03-2017, 01:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chiromikey
I got to spend a few days in an E class with the new seats. They're by far the best seats MB has offered in an E. The support, adjustability, and dynamic features are much improved, the heaters are night and day difference and heat up much warmer and within seconds instead of minutes , and the massage programs (there are several!) now actually feel like a good massage chair instead of a kid behind you in the movie theater.
Did you sit in An e63 or the standard e300? Are they the exact same seat, just a different covering? I drove an e300 for a few hundred miles last week, and I thought the seats were "ok" but not as comfortable as the seats in my e550 from 2011, but not bad. I drove an e43 about 6 months ago, and I couldn't stand the seats, primarily because I'm a bit of a fatty, and the side bolsters were far too pronounced. I'm wondering if the side bolsters were possibly fully inflated, and I didn't realize it. Im looking for long distance comfort, not a race seat.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2017, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
It really is a race car dressed as a street car, I would even say that about my 212, but the 213 even more so. I'm getting a S as my daily driver and the 213 will be my sports car. The roads around where I live summers really suck and I'll drive the 213 as little as possible around new england, In florida the car will be fine.
I'm in Nokomis and yes the roads suck.... driving in New England last week was pure Joy I forgot how much fun it is to drive on a nice curvy road... Just wish I had my car versus the rental LOL

Mike
Old 08-03-2017, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by pb12
Did you sit in An e63 or the standard e300? Are they the exact same seat, just a different covering? I drove an e300 for a few hundred miles last week, and I thought the seats were "ok" but not as comfortable as the seats in my e550 from 2011, but not bad. I drove an e43 about 6 months ago, and I couldn't stand the seats, primarily because I'm a bit of a fatty, and the side bolsters were far too pronounced. I'm wondering if the side bolsters were possibly fully inflated, and I didn't realize it. Im looking for long distance comfort, not a race seat.

Thanks
It was an E350 but the seats were above standard, or at least I'd think so. The leather was comparable to my W212 AMG but everything else about the seats made mine feel like garbage. The seats seriously made me reconsider my decision to jump to Audi for my next car and the only thing I would look forward to in the next E63.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 R350, 2012 CLS63 P30 (sold), 2009 C63 (totaled), 2002 ML320 (Sold)
Originally Posted by pb12
Two questions -

just how stiff was the ride?
How are the seats?

M
The seats were awesome. Im a slender man so they were pretty perfect. Im also used to a 1st gen wrx which has notoriously grippy seats.
i didnt notice the ride to be too stiff. He did put it on the stiffest setting though to show off thr handling. Even then i didnt think it was too harsh. Put it on the comfort setting and im sure its plush. It is an E after all.
And just for reference, im 44 so im not a spring chicken who is immune to bad roads i also have some minor back muscle damage and i wasnt uncomfortable during or afterwards.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChatWithaNinja
The seats were awesome. Im a slender man so they were pretty perfect. Im also used to a 1st gen wrx which has notoriously grippy seats.
i didnt notice the ride to be too stiff. He did put it on the stiffest setting though to show off thr handling. Even then i didnt think it was too harsh. Put it on the comfort setting and im sure its plush. It is an E after all.
And just for reference, im 44 so im not a spring chicken who is immune to bad roads i also have some minor back muscle damage and i wasnt uncomfortable during or afterwards.
Thanks much for the feedback, I appreciate it. I'm nearly 47 myself, so I can relate . I had a 2004 STI that I bought new. Of all the cars I've owned I'd put it in the top 5 for sure. Loved that thing.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by ChatWithaNinja
The interior was definitely crazy. I wasn't too keen on the interactive display and no analog guages, but I do love the idea of modifying your display to show whatever you want to. Very cool, but I would miss an analog tach.
The auto bolstering seats freaked me out, but I got used to them pretty quickly with the way the guy was driving. I didn't even know the car had them until they started squeezing my ribs on a hard right turn!
needless to say, everyone who is getting one of these is going to have a hell of a car!
those cars look awesome!
Old 08-14-2017, 02:36 AM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by gaspam

maybe its just harsh in his review because he has low tire pressure (notice the TPS warning light)
TPMS light also triggers when pressure is too high. They may have raised the pressure for the track, and forgotten to take some out for the road, thus causing the harsher ride.

The new E63 has much larger tires than older one, along with Michelin tires, and air ride, these should all contribute to a much "better" ride.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by AHI
TPMS light also triggers when pressure is too high. They may have raised the pressure for the track, and forgotten to take some out for the road, thus causing the harsher ride.

The new E63 has much larger tires than older one, along with Michelin tires, and air ride, these should all contribute to a much "better" ride.
I'd like to agree with your logic but I've read/viewed three separate reviews now of the new E63 and they all take the time to point out that the ride is noticeably more harsh than the outgoing model.