Dealer recommendations for ordering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
Dealer recommendations for ordering

Hey all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a good dealer to work with in Northern California. I'm getting ready to place an order for the new E63. I bought my 2012 E63 used, so I've never developed any kind of relationship with a dealer around here. I walked into Stevens Creek Mercedes today to talk about ordering, and they weren't much help. It could be because of my age as I look pretty young. I'd love to hear from anyone on here who lives around the Bay Area and has anyone they can refer me to or had a great experience at a local dealer.

Also, does anyone have any advice about getting ballon financing. When I mentioned I was interested in this to the guy at the dealer today, he flat out told me they don't do it. Is this a common thing for dealers to not participate in this sort of financing? Or was this guy just not understanding what I was talking about?

I relazie this this may be better suited for the regional forums, but those sections look like they don't get as much activity/visibility as these threads do.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 08-14-2017, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Why not just look up on the internet exactly what you want as far as options go according to the DOG and put together what you want. Go to your local MB dealer http://www.mbsanjose.com go to the front desk there and tell them you want to order a new 2018 AMG and to get you to a salesperson and give them a printout of what you want and tell them you want at least 6 percent off the MSRP and place you're order if they agree? Most dealers will take 1000 bucks down which you can give them a credit card for and get the order going. Keep in mind there still are no USA prices yet for the options, the MSRP for the Sedan is out at 104 K but not for the Wagon, figure around 108K or so for the Wagon more than likely. But you can get a rough guess at what the options will cost by looking at the Canadian models and then do a CA dollar conversion.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:01 AM

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
2020 E63S4S
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Why not just look up on the internet exactly what you want as far as options go according to the DOG and put together what you want. Go to your local MB dealer http://www.mbsanjose.com go to the front desk there and tell them you want to order a new 2018 AMG and to get you to a salesperson and give them a printout of what you want and tell them you want at least 6 percent off the MSRP and place you're order if they agree? Most dealers will take 1000 bucks down which you can give them a credit card for and get the order going. Keep in mind there still are no USA prices yet for the options, the MSRP for the Sedan is out at 104 K but not for the Wagon, figure around 108K or so for the Wagon more than likely. But you can get a rough guess at what the options will cost by looking at the Canadian models and then do a CA dollar conversion.
The sedan prices for options are out. AMG Private Lounge DOG has all the option prices for the sedan now.

Also, the MSRP for the wagon is $106,950, the DOG with prices to be posted soon on it per AMG rep on board.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
E90 M3
Originally Posted by 2 '02 S600
The sedan prices for options are out. AMG Private Lounge DOG has all the option prices for the sedan now.

Also, the MSRP for the wagon is $106,950, the DOG with prices to be posted soon on it per AMG rep on board.
I have a build sheet for a wagon with base at $104.4k. Dealers have the prices for all options in their system now.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by signes
I have a build sheet for a wagon with base at $104.4k. Dealers have the prices for all options in their system now.
Is that USA? $104.4K is less than I thought so thats good news if it's the USA, I should call my dealer tomorrow and see if he can get me a price now that prices are known of what I'll be paying when the car comes in. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:01 AM

2012 E63 AMG
Thanks for the info. Yeah, that is kind of what I did. I guess I was looking to see if anyone had a dealer they recommend using. I just felt they were being sort of arrogant and not willing to budge on the msrp. I'm hoping all the dealers in the Bay Area are not like this. In fact, the sales person still has not gotten back to me with option info that I asked him for. I will take your advice though. I'll try a different dealer and walk in there with what I want and ready to place my order.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
2020 E63S4S
Is that USA? $104.4K is less than I thought so thats good news if it's the USA, I should call my dealer tomorrow and see if he can get me a price now that prices are known of what I'll be paying when the car comes in. Thanks.
It’s $106,950 for the wagon MSRP. The options pricing for the wagon could be similar to sedan options in pricing, so you should be able to get a general idea on the price of what your wagon will be. That’s what I did on my wagon order.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It’s $106,950 for the wagon MSRP. The options pricing for the wagon could be similar to sedan options in pricing, so you should be able to get a general idea on the price of what your wagon will be. That’s what I did on my wagon order.
Thanks I thought 104.5 did not sound right. I think I've got around 20K in options so looks like around 126K or so on my car less the 6 percent discount but then plus the 7 percent tax, so like around 128K or so.

To the original poster, it's a different world out there these days, you just have to do your own due diligence put in a offer or negotiate and if the deal does not seem fair try another dealer. You may even be able to get 7 or 8 percent off sticker so maybe start with that. I just always like to leave a little meat on the bone for dealer so they give a little bit of a care about selling me the car, otherwise if they are not making enough you have to worry about them selling your car to somebody else or something.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
E90 M3
Thanks I thought 104.5 did not sound right. I think I've got around 20K in options so looks like around 126K or so on my car less the 6 percent discount but then plus the 7 percent tax, so like around 128K or so.

To the original poster, it's a different world out there these days, you just have to do your own due diligence put in a offer or negotiate and if the deal does not seem fair try another dealer. You may even be able to get 7 or 8 percent off sticker so maybe start with that. I just always like to leave a little meat on the bone for dealer so they give a little bit of a care about selling me the car, otherwise if they are not making enough you have to worry about them selling your car to somebody else or something.
It is printed on my build from the dealer as $104,400, and the rest of the options have pricing as well (e.g. Performance Seats $2,500, RTR wheels $1,200, etc.) I'll ask again to confirm.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:02 PM

2012 E63 AMG

Thanks for the advice. I was able to work with the dealer and get my order in today. I have a delivery date of mid February. It's a long time to wait, but I'm okay with it. This is the first car I've ever ordered and I'm very happy with the process so far, I got all the bells and whistles I wanted. I got the grey magno color which I'm most excited about.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Awesome, I had ordered mine back in early May and it's suppose to be built Sept 11th, hopefully have the car sometime in October.

The Mag Gray is a nice Color. I got my Wagon in Red, I think the Cardinal Red is a great color and really will who all the beautiful body contours of the new 213 well.

Glad you got the ball rolling because it is a long wait when ordering these cars. With my car I ordered no carbon fiber, that can really jack up the price. I got the premium three package because I like all the gizmos it comes with and also the exhaust option of course and the soft close doors. I figured the acoustic glass was worth it too. If you forgot anything on your order you should be able to add it over the course of the next 4 months or so. The other option I added on a couple months after the initial order was the air balance package, for the extra 350 bucks or so worth it. My S550 has this and I like it.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NorCal_MikeAMG
Thanks for the advice. I was able to work with the dealer and get my order in today. I have a delivery date of mid February. It's a long time to wait, but I'm okay with it. This is the first car I've ever ordered and I'm very happy with the process so far, I got all the bells and whistles I wanted. I got the grey magno color which I'm most excited about.
Did Stevens creek give you a discount? Mind sharing how much? Thanks!
Old 09-04-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Audi S6 / 2017 911 Targa 4 GTS
Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Did Stevens creek give you a discount? Mind sharing how much? Thanks!
And do you have a recommendation for salesperson there? The people I've spoken to have been worse than useless - I know more about the car than they do and they seem more suited in selling C300s to people who view them as status symbols like their Louis Vuitton purses. I want to find someone who won't waste my time showing me information I already have.