Sponsored by:

e63 wagon build - seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E63 S Wagon
e63 wagon build - seats?

All, thanks to the responses on my other thread. I'm close to having made all of my decisions, but I have a question on seats.

There are 3 options - stock seats, the performance seats and the active multi-contour seats.

This car will be my daily driver - are the performance seats too hard for long road trips? I will do occasional track days as well. Are the base seats too soft or not supportive enough?

Are the base seats also active with the side bolsters or is that only for the multi-contours seats? I drove one for a week and liked the active side bolsters, but I don't really need the rapid heating or massage functionality...

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-30-2017, 03:44 PM

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
2019 E63s
There are only 2 styles...

There are the standard seats which can be optioned with the Active bolsters (multi contour) or the sport seats which do not have any active bolstering. Be aware though as up here in Canada we cannot get the distronic drive package with all the safety nannies with the sport seats. This combo appears to be different in different regions/countries...
The following users liked this post:
altorfer (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 526 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
It is best to go into the dealership and test our those seats. The performance seats can be found in the C63, hopefully your dealer will have one available.

I chose the multi contour seats. (I like more cushioning)
The following users liked this post:
altorfer (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 11:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2009 M3 sedan; 2012 Mustang Boss 302; 2018 E63 S on order
I also chose the multi contour seats and they are very comfortable . For an occasional track day the standard/multi contour seats will work well. I pushed the car through a Swiss Alps pass and the seat was great and my passenger agreed. They have decent bolstering along the thighs and ribs, lots of adjustments, and you will appreciate them for your daily driver. This is coming from someone with over 15 years of track/race experience, as does the passenger.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E63 S Wagon
Originally Posted by Bueller
I also chose the multi contour seats and they are very comfortable . For an occasional track day the standard/multi contour seats will work well. I pushed the car through a Swiss Alps pass and the seat was great and my passenger agreed. They have decent bolstering along the thighs and ribs, lots of adjustments, and you will appreciate them for your daily driver. This is coming from someone with over 15 years of track/race experience, as does the passenger.
Awesome, thank you for the feedback. It is much appreciated.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
E90 M3
Just sat in both. The performance seats look great but are pretty aggressive. The stock seats are very impressive, fit me like a glove and still have reasonable bolstering. Might be perfect with the active contour function. Getting in and out of the perf seats constantly might get a little old, and will certainly lead to more wear on the bolsters.