Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Package and Pano roof questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Carbon Fiber Package and Pano roof questions

I was looking at the configurator and was a little confused between the CF packages. Looks like the more expensive one is just the diffuser, front splitter and side skirts? And the less expensive one is just the mirror covers and spoiler? Or does the more expensive one include all of the above? The description on the configurator says the same thing for both.

I have my current E63 spoiler wrapped in gloss black and it looks great. I might just opt for the night package and just wrap my mirror housings and spoiler. Save some cash and use it towards other stuff.

Also, if you opt for the non-pano roof, you just get the basic moonroof, correct? There is no CF roof option, correct? I thought I read somewhere that a CF roof was going to be an option, but I don't think that is correct.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18 e63s
I went with the more expensive option which doesn't include the mirrors and spoiler, no clue why... I did add the CF mirror pack as well which does include the spoiler

No clue why they didn't add the CF roof as I would have preferred that over the sunroof

Has anyone done the carbon exterior pack and not done the night pack?.. I think it should just default to night pack when carbon exterior pack has been selected
Old 09-02-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Originally Posted by Blacknblue
I went with the more expensive option which doesn't include the mirrors and spoiler, no clue why... I did add the CF mirror pack as well which does include the spoiler

No clue why they didn't add the CF roof as I would have preferred that over the sunroof

Has anyone done the carbon exterior pack and not done the night pack?.. I think it should just default to night pack when carbon exterior pack has been selected
When you select the CF package without the night package, the window trim still stays chrome at least in the configurator.

I'm thinking night package with the piano black flowing lines interior. The exterior and interior CF packages are maybe a bit too much.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 555 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
I got CF interior and the $2800 CF trim package which doesn't include the mirrors and spoiler and also the night package. Went forth and back as to whether to add the 2nd CF package to include the mirrors and spoiler, but ended up not doing it.

I figured the CF mirrors and spoiler would look a bit out of place with the rest of the exterior being designo Selenite Grey magno, where as the diffuser, splitter and side skirts are down low and kind of separate from the body color.

I guess the notion is that the mirrors and spoiler would contrast and pop out from the rest of the body color, but to me it felt like it might be just too much bling.

But at some point you've got to stop second guessing yourself and be happy with what you picked.

Counting the days till we hop on a plane and go pick the car up at the factory