Please post your E63s lease deals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,343 Likes on 2,064 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by Topsupra

More common then you know.....I had a few dealers here in Miami offer a discount and kill me on the back end of the lease to make up for the discount.... When I called them out on it, one dealer never responded and the other dealers sales men told me “how do you expect us to make money”......I have no issue with business turning a profit but to bait and switch and rip people off is criminal
The dealer makes money even if sold below invoice (to a point of course), plus a lot of money is made by trade-ins. There is also still money coming in from non-marked up MF rates.
That said, the MF has been creeping up for a while. Our MF a year ago was .0023 (business) with .0020 being the lowest as told by Vic.
I would check with him on the lowest current rate but it's likely something like .0026 or even 28
Old 11-21-2018, 08:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
a
Being told .0029 is current MF with no mark up. Can anyone confirm.

Looking at a '19 E63 S Wagon. MSRP ~$120k. Selling price ~$118k. ~$6k in NY taxes. Looking at $2300 / mo for 36 mo and 15k miles / year
Old 11-21-2018, 10:38 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2013 GL550
Anyone have insight into December programs? Same as Nov? Better? Worse?
Old 11-21-2018, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Audi R8
Correct answers:

A1 = .00260
T1 = .00290
T2 = .00320
T3 = Do you really want to ask?

Last edited by pentium7; 11-21-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
19 RR SVR, 19 E63S, 18 911 Turbo S
just quoted .0030 on a sign and drive (1st month pymt) or .0022 on a one-pay. 15k/36mo

Saves about 5k over the life of the lease (or basically my sales discount - funny how that math works out)
Old 11-22-2018, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone recommend a West Coast dealer that will do ED, no mark up on MF and reasonable discount? Looking to do E63 Wagon.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-22-2018, 06:24 PM

Q7
Originally Posted by pentium7
Correct answers:

A1 = .00260
T1 = .00290
T2 = .00320
T3 = Do you really want to ask?
This is so brutal.....almost 7% interest! I hate that I love this car. My bank account would be so much happier if I just leased the '18 M5.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 617 Likes on 422 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by BLee80
This is so brutal.....almost 7% interest! I hate that I love this car. My bank account would be so much happier if I just leased the '18 M5.
Got to pay to play. Financing with a 5-year loan at 4.8% yields almost the lease payments on a 36month 15k miles lease. I never keep these cars past warranty so a 3 year turnover is fine. I like giving the dealer the old keys and being handed the new car keys.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
You can get 2.99 for 72 months with mbf
Old 11-23-2018, 05:38 AM

2017 Audi R8
Originally Posted by BLee80
Agreed when I priced out 6 months ago M5 lease on 114k build was around 1500-1600 tax in at 6% nothing down now it's 300-400 more. Increase on the E63S I ordered is about the same increase.

Rates have gone up. I'm going back and forth with this decision wouldn't pay 7% on anything else but paying 7% guarantees me no hassles in 30-36 months depending on pull ahead. My 17 R8 I let go of recently was a PITA to find a buyer ended up I got the best offer at a specialty dealer while all other dealers low balled me 10-15k less don't want to deal with that again. The other thing goes through my mind is dings and scratches not chargeable for lease turn in but they'll nickle and dime if you own it for trade in. One more consideration if it's in an accident then repaired the diminished value.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 247 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by pentium7
Agreed when I priced out 6 months ago M5 lease on 114k build was around 1500-1600 tax in at 6% nothing down now it's 300-400 more. Increase on the E63S I ordered is about the same increase.

Rates have gone up. I'm going back and forth with this decision wouldn't pay 7% on anything else but paying 7% guarantees me no hassles in 30-36 months depending on pull ahead. My 17 R8 I let go of recently was a PITA to find a buyer ended up I got the best offer at a specialty dealer while all other dealers low balled me 10-15k less don't want to deal with that again. The other thing goes through my mind is dings and scratches not chargeable for lease turn in but they'll nickle and dime if you own it for trade in. One more consideration if it's in an accident then repaired the diminished value.
All extremely valid arguments for lease.
On top of it, in a Carfax era, even a small paint correction is read by a buyer/dealer as a "major accident" and bombs the sale.
A big chunk of truck tire bounced against the driver side on my Carrera GT, had to repaint the entire door (done perfectly by a Porsche authorized body shop for about $2k- not much for a special paint on a Carbon Fiber).
Sold the car for $400k instead of average (at the time with more miles then mine) $450k (that was before they jumped to current $600-700k).
Old 11-23-2018, 10:17 AM

It may be worth holding out to at least see what December’s MF is going to be since we are so close to new month. End of a fiscal year/ quarter seems to always be better.

all my prior leases I was offered insurance to purchase that gave me some basic leeway on dents and scratches upon return. I am not sure if MBFS will offer this or not as I have never leased with them before.

for me, I will probably end up doing the lease just because it makes more sense to write the lease cost off vs buying and only getting that initial 18k as a write off. my interest works out to be like 15-16k over the life of the lease vs being taxed on the lump sum of the invoice price if you were to just pay cash.

still the rates are insane but that has been the landscape now for a bit.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:21 PM

2013 GL550
Originally Posted by amgcb
It may be worth holding out to at least see what December’s MF is going to be since we are so close to new month. End of a fiscal year/ quarter seems to always be better.

all my prior leases I was offered insurance to purchase that gave me some basic leeway on dents and scratches upon return. I am not sure if MBFS will offer this or not as I have never leased with them before.

for me, I will probably end up doing the lease just because it makes more sense to write the lease cost off vs buying and only getting that initial 18k as a write off. my interest works out to be like 15-16k over the life of the lease vs being taxed on the lump sum of the invoice price if you were to just pay cash.

still the rates are insane but that has been the landscape now for a bit.
Any chance with rising interest rates that there is not a better MF in December than November? ESP on an AMG niche model since they can incentivize MFs on models they want to move more so than ones that basically have a dedicated following?
Old 11-23-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by X166

Any chance with rising interest rates that there is not a better MF in December than November? ESP on an AMG niche model since they can incentivize MFs on models they want to move more so than ones that basically have a dedicated following?
It's possible, and I am sure the dealers will use whatever scare tactics they can to get you to sign on the dotted line asap. Really the only way to safely do it would be to always have the one-pay as a backup or multiple MSD to get you down closer to the .0023 and below mark in the event the MF is higher in December. I was just told from my specific dealer that the MF will not change in December as this is part of their "winter sales event".

In my specific scenario, the 5k premium on the lease is a hell of a lot less than if I had to pay income tax on the purchase price of the vehicle - Just picking the lesser of the 2 evils, lol.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:38 PM

2013 GL550
It's possible, and I am sure the dealers will use whatever scare tactics they can to get you to sign on the dotted line asap. Really the only way to safely do it would be to always have the one-pay as a backup or multiple MSD to get you down closer to the .0023 and below mark in the event the MF is higher in December. I was just told from my specific dealer that the MF will not change in December as this is part of their "winter sales event".

In my specific scenario, the 5k premium on the lease is a hell of a lot less than if I had to pay income tax on the purchase price of the vehicle - Just picking the lesser of the 2 evils, lol.
Good to know, thanks!

1. So if we can take delivery before December (since the MF will NOT improve in December...), we should do so?

2. What are the $ benefits of a one pay? And with that, are we able to do an early pull ahead? If so, how does that work?
Old 11-23-2018, 02:11 PM

Good to know, thanks!

1. So if we can take delivery before December (since the MF will NOT improve in December...), we should do so?

2. What are the $ benefits of a one pay? And with that, are we able to do an early pull ahead? If so, how does that work?
regarding #1 this is just what my dealer told me that MFs are not increasing in Dec. I am not sure if SAs know that for a fact or not, but I could be wrong because in this case MB is the bank.

regarding #2 the benefit of a one-pay will typically just lower the MF rate considerably because the bank is not on the hook for the depreciation throughout the cost of the lease (you’ll never have negative equity on it). You can also achieve this with an MSD if your state allows it. Not sure about the early pull aheads. Benefit of a one pay also helps if you are trying to get a lump sum off the books for the tax year too.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:33 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
we did a pull ahead on our last car which was a one-pay. MBFS sent us a check for the unused months.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:36 PM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Nissan
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
You can get 2.99 for 72 months with mbf
Is this true on e63s wagons? My SA said no promos on financing.

Last edited by Dagger9903; 11-23-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:45 PM

2013 GL550

regarding #1 this is just what my dealer told me that MFs are not increasing in Dec. I am not sure if SAs know that for a fact or not, but I could be wrong because in this case MB is the bank.

regarding #2 the benefit of a one-pay will typically just lower the MF rate considerably because the bank is not on the hook for the depreciation throughout the cost of the lease (you’ll never have negative equity on it). You can also achieve this with an MSD if your state allows it. Not sure about the early pull aheads. Benefit of a one pay also helps if you are trying to get a lump sum off the books for the tax year too.
Thanks! Yep CA has MSDs.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:59 PM

2013 GL550
Originally Posted by 4dr.no
we did a pull ahead on our last car which was a one-pay. MBFS sent us a check for the unused months.
Wow—good to know!

So basically (assuming no write off benefit and assuming desire to lease), best is to compare total cash outlay over life of lease of (1) lease with max MSD versus (2) one pay lease. Since either one does not preclude the possibility of taking advantage of a lease pull ahead in the final months of the lease, whichever one yields the lower total out of pocket is the way to go?

For a one pay—if they had a 3 month pull ahead, did MBFS just prorate what 3 months payment would have been and refund that amount to you?
Old 11-23-2018, 06:05 PM

E63S AMG
Originally Posted by onesixeight
Can anyone recommend a West Coast dealer that will do ED, no mark up on MF and reasonable discount? Looking to do E63 Wagon.

Thanks in advance!
I would talk to Herbert Haemmer. He specializes in European Delivery and I was referred to him. My existing dealer talked me into staying with him and needless to say, they screwed up the entire ED process to the point that it didn't happen. Furthermore, the E63S that I ordered didn't come in as specified - complete and utter cluster f**k.

Herbert recently left Mercedes of Escondido for Mercedes of El Cajon (San Diego). He has his own website (www.mbeuropeandelivery.com). I would reach out to him and see what he says.

BTW - I would post this question as a separate thread. You will hear back from all the folks that have done European Delivery.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:40 PM

Porsche
Originally Posted by AVO72
Just told my car is on the way to dealer.
Deal as presented:
  • They are marking up MF pretty significantly
  • No discount from MSRP
  • 12k, 36 month lease
  • $5k out the door (drive offs and minimal cap reduction)
  • Comes to over $2300 per month

I won't do this deal, comes out to $90k for a 3 year lease on a $120k car.
Just a follow up on this:
There is another wagon that just opened up at another dealer. Apparently the original client that ordered it did the same thing I did when I was told they would only lease or sell at MSRP and markup Buy Rate for the lease. Different dealer. I went to look at both cars and see if the dealers were willing to soften position with me in person. There are 20 open E63s in California and dealers feel as a result of having only 20 cars they want to max out their profit. Neither dealer budged. I understand the short term business case but not the long term one. I have had only one MB in my driving history (got my ex-wife a GL a few years back). I have been primarily a BMW and Porsche guy (my two favorites being my most recent X5M and the .2 GT3). This is a chance for a MB dealer to get a client converted not only to the MB brand but to become loyal to a dealership. Over 30 cars purchased, leased and referred to my BMW dealer and I'm on my 5th Porsche from one dealer. I sound like a douche but I know how fortunate I am, just trying to make a point. I wish the MB dealers realized how fortunate they are to have passionate car guys like us as their prospective clients.

F them. I won't feel like I was taken for granted and my passion and love for cars won't be used against me. I sat in my E63s wagon today, it was beautiful, then drove over to the other dealer and sat in another that was equally as nice. However, I felt much better leaving the dealerships without the car than I would've felt if one were sitting in my driveway right now...Being taken advantage of is crappy, this is an easy decision for me. I am letting my E63s go, been texting with the GSM at BMW and will be picking up an M5 instead. While it isn't a wagon (my original order was a black wagon), it is an amazing car and I won't be taken advantage of.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by AVO72
Just a follow up on this:
There is another wagon that just opened up at another dealer. Apparently the original client that ordered it did the same thing I did when I was told they would only lease or sell at MSRP and markup Buy Rate for the lease. Different dealer. I went to look at both cars and see if the dealers were willing to soften position with me in person. There are 20 open E63s in California and dealers feel as a result of having only 20 cars they want to max out their profit. Neither dealer budged. I understand the short term business case but not the long term one. I have had only one MB in my driving history (got my ex-wife a GL a few years back). I have been primarily a BMW and Porsche guy (my two favorites being my most recent X5M and the .2 GT3). This is a chance for a MB dealer to get a client converted not only to the MB brand but to become loyal to a dealership. Over 30 cars purchased, leased and referred to my BMW dealer and I'm on my 5th Porsche from one dealer. I sound like a douche but I know how fortunate I am, just trying to make a point. I wish the MB dealers realized how fortunate they are to have passionate car guys like us as their prospective clients.

F them. I won't feel like I was taken for granted and my passion and love for cars won't be used against me. I sat in my E63s wagon today, it was beautiful, then drove over to the other dealer and sat in another that was equally as nice. However, I felt much better leaving the dealerships without the car than I would've felt if one were sitting in my driveway right now...Being taken advantage of is crappy, this is an easy decision for me. I am letting my E63s go, been texting with the GSM at BMW and will be picking up an M5 instead. While it isn't a wagon (my original order was a black wagon), it is an amazing car and I won't be taken advantage of.
its sad but this is unfortunately what you are going to deal with in this industry. I am sure they have run various mathematical equations that re-enforce the fact their E63 buyers are dedicated. It is not manufacturer dependent and I feel you will be treated this way if you buy any flagship model from any brand at any dealer. The conclusion I have drawn is that its just a pay to play game, and I feel the banks/manufacturers understand that in the same way they price their risk accordingly. On the other hand though, obviously marketing is working the way its intended in the sense that there is a "line" of people waiting to buy the e63/m5/etc any other vehicle that is sought after. its pure business.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:43 PM

Wow—good to know!

So basically (assuming no write off benefit and assuming desire to lease), best is to compare total cash outlay over life of lease of (1) lease with max MSD versus (2) one pay lease. Since either one does not preclude the possibility of taking advantage of a lease pull ahead in the final months of the lease, whichever one yields the lower total out of pocket is the way to go?

For a one pay—if they had a 3 month pull ahead, did MBFS just prorate what 3 months payment would have been and refund that amount to you?
MSDs may earn you interest which is what I found out after the fact because MSDs aren't eligible in my state. Technically speaking, if you just wanted this car and to return it after 36mo, a MSD would work best because you are eliminating all bank risk. If you wanted to get out for one reason or another over the MSD lease - you would have to figure out a creative way to get your MSD back, or get it from whomever you transfer to, making that "strings attached" feeling less likely. One-pay lease is more risk on yourself because you are paying the depreciation upfront. In this situation, always buy GAP insurance. However the risk will usually outweigh itself after the first 6 months.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:58 PM

Porsche
its sad but this is unfortunately what you are going to deal with in this industry. I am sure they have run various mathematical equations that re-enforce the fact their E63 buyers are dedicated. It is not manufacturer dependent and I feel you will be treated this way if you buy any flagship model from any brand at any dealer. The conclusion I have drawn is that its just a pay to play game, and I feel the banks/manufacturers understand that in the same way they price their risk accordingly. On the other hand though, obviously marketing is working the way its intended in the sense that there is a "line" of people waiting to buy the e63/m5/etc any other vehicle that is sought after. its pure business.
I don't want to disagree simply to disagree but to make the point that if you find a dealership (not manufacturer) that wants a client relationship that over time is worth more than a single car, they work with you. BMW dealers are selling M5s at sticker to some, discounting to others. Supply on M5 is higher now simply because the 2019 E63s were held at port. 15 of the 20 available E63s were sold (according to SA), pre-ordered. Clearly I am not the only one bothered by the MB MF/Residual/MSRP game. In this case, I understand it is a hot car. When I ordered my GT3, I wanted to see the market, checked a couple of dealers and three wanted over MSRP. My dealer held at MSRP but no markup. I bit the bullet on MSRP but rates were 2% and wait times of 1-1.5 years for build allocation were common.

MB as a manufacturer is setting MF and residuals such that the car is more expensive than it should be on lease. I considered a purchase vs. lease to offset the bad terms but hard to make pencil (made great sense to purchase the GT3).

I have been a freak for cars since childhood and have been working my *** off for nearly 3 decades (in my 40s now) so I can feed this hobby of mine. Lucky that the motivation to obtain a great car has led to my ability to play the game. But what is happening among the SoCal MB dealers is pretty lame. Supply and demand is one thing, gouging potential clients, the people that are the most passionate and potentially most loyal in the process, is a short term gain. As soon as the demand side softens, guys like us stick around. We never go anywhere. They've alienated me but I realize from the threads here, I am in the minority in that most are passionate and excited enough to pay 7-8% with a 50% residual at or around MSRP for a lease. Having said all of this, the car is a beast and beautiful. For those that follow through, I know they will be very happy and I wish them nothing but miles of smiles, giddy laughter, heavy acceleration and windows down crackling overruns...
The following users liked this post:
GreenFox (11-25-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please post your E63s lease deals