Sponsored by:

my E63 S AMG Wagon test drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
M8 convert + model Y
my E63 S AMG Wagon test drive

Had an opportunity to test drive fully loaded new wagon. I like the idea not to have SUV but have space for dogs, COSTCO shopping and actually have high performance daily drive all in one.

Exterior look will be always matter of personal preferences. I can't say I love it but I like to be different and AMG wagon fit that!

Interior is very nice, looks like quality and finish are good. Mine was black inside with lots of carbon. Personally I'm getting tired of carbon fiber because I had it in my 5-6 previous cars and I think I'm ready to go with traditional wood (magnolia option?).

Tires were pump up to 50+ and it could be one reason I thought the car was noisy. The car didn't have special insulation package. We all love to hear exaust noises but not road noise.

It drives beautifully, you don't feel long body behind you. Acceleration makes you smile and it's a big deal for me!

Has practically all electronic toys I'm aware of available and its nice as well . I really not looking for autonomous driving - I like to drive myself.

Display and gauges and HUD and Cameras have high resolution (not like Audi or Porsche) and its nice to have when you pay this $$$.

I didn't like the gear switch on the steering wheel - I guess its a matter of habit.

Biggest worry for me is reliability of new MB car because I want to keep this one for 5-7-8...years and I notice people do report problems.
But there is no another wagon like that available to us in USA !

Thanks
Old 10-30-2017, 09:21 AM

Received 157 Likes on 104 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
Originally Posted by mmmamg
Had an opportunity to test drive fully loaded new wagon. I like the idea not to have SUV but have space for dogs, COSTCO shopping and actually have high performance daily drive all in one.
Lucky you... I have yet to get to drive the new model. My '14 wagon was the best car I have ever owned.... AMG keeps setting the bar higher.

Personally I'm getting tired of carbon fiber because I had it in my 5-6 previous cars and I think I'm ready to go with traditional wood (magnolia option?).
I'm on the other side of this: I've always gone for the wood trims and decided on CF interior for the first time...

The car didn't have special insulation package. We all love to hear exaust noises but not road noise.
I really not looking for autonomous driving - I like to drive myself.
Display and gauges and HUD and Cameras have high resolution (not like Audi or Porsche) and its nice to have when you pay this $$$.
I ordered with noise insulation pkg and hope it doesn't tone-down the engine roar too much. In my '14 I was like you: I got this car to drive! I avoided the autonomous assist last time, but not this go-around.

Cheers
Old 10-30-2017, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Hopefully nobody will take offense to your above post because it is not completely positive about the car. We can’t insult those who are waiting for delivery and want to dream that this is going to be the perfect car. My posts have been critized for this kind of thing. We must walk on eddshells around here so that certain people don’t get too upset.
The following users liked this post:
Jonathan Reedy (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Nissan
Thanks for posting! I'm interested in the wagon variant - fun AND practical.

Curious, did it have the CCBs? How was brake feel at slow speeds / on cold start / etc.? Noisy at all?
Old 10-30-2017, 01:07 PM

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
M8 convert + model Y
Originally Posted by Dagger9903
Thanks for posting! I'm interested in the wagon variant - fun AND practical.

Curious, did it have the CCBs? How was brake feel at slow speeds / on cold start / etc.? Noisy at all?
////
Yes, car was equipped with CCB but felt 'normal' and no noises. I didn't try hard braking on brand new car but I drove it on the streets and 5 miles on highway and its hard not to like.