W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W213 E63s Build

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by WIKDWGN
If you feel the front tires cause the wheel hop / trans issues, maybe get a nice set of DRs for the rear only, and try running it in Drift Mode? That way you can turn traction off completely and not worry about the front hopping / trashing another transmission? As you mentioned with how the car squats at launch, I bet a nicely warmed up set of radials would hook well in 2WD. Just a thought.
Can't use launch control in drift mode . That is the strength of these cars..
Old 01-29-2019, 12:52 AM

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63S AMG Wagon, 2020 Audi R8 Performance
Originally Posted by jkob5
Can't use launch control in drift mode . That is the strength of these cars..
Interesting, I was unaware of that!
Old 01-29-2019, 08:55 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by Ralcbah
My bad man...assumed folks had already read rest of thread. Some early transmissions were weak...later production ones have held up better, including my second one.

No idea on camber control. Seems like it should be stock capability.
had no idea

can you elaborate on this issue? didn't heard of any transmission problems on the E63S
Old 01-30-2019, 05:33 AM

Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by tonecas
had no idea

can you elaborate on this issue? didn't heard of any transmission problems on the E63S
Sure thing. I imagine it's a very, very low number of people who've had this happen. When mine failed (at launch on drag strip), there were maybe 4 other cases in the states if I remember correctly. I wouldn't worry too much about it; however, if you are making more torque than stock, be careful turning tc all the way off at the strip. My car launched, spun tires for a sec, tires grabbed while still generating full torque, and shocked the transmission....causing it to eat itself. Ideally, one would hope an axle/etc would break, not the tranny. I'm not worried about it now, and I'm making more power than when it broke, but I will not turn tc off again at the track...
The following users liked this post:
tonecas (01-30-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 08:07 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by Ralcbah
Sure thing. I imagine it's a very, very low number of people who've had this happen. When mine failed (at launch on drag strip), there were maybe 4 other cases in the states if I remember correctly. I wouldn't worry too much about it; however, if you are making more torque than stock, be careful turning tc all the way off at the strip. My car launched, spun tires for a sec, tires grabbed while still generating full torque, and shocked the transmission....causing it to eat itself. Ideally, one would hope an axle/etc would break, not the tranny. I'm not worried about it now, and I'm making more power than when it broke, but I will not turn tc off again at the track...
warranty repaired the tranny?