Sponsored by:

E63 Edition 1 Production #'s and other ?'s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 04:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 BMW X5M
E63 Edition 1 Production #'s and other ?'s

Hi everyone, I believe this might be my first post and I'm curious to know how many E63 Edition 1's were produced and shipped to the US? I'm considering trading my 2015 M5 in for a 2018 E63 Edition 1. What kind of price should I pay? I believe MSRP on the window is $135,995 and the dealer wants to move the car. Is a discount feasible? If so, how much, 6%, more?

I really do like my M5 and my other option is keeping it and buying a second car like the C63S coupe. I'd really like to buy something more sports car than the C63S but I don't think I would drive a Porsche Turbo S, AMG GTC or something else enough. Also, I probably would not drive it to my place of business which further limits getting real use and enjoyment out of a second car. Not sure if any of this makes sense but if I have a second car I'd want something I can drive everyday like my M5 without raising too many eyebrows.

Its first world problems especially when considering these different options and appreciate your honesty and sense of humor.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2018, 06:39 AM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
2018 E63S
Production numbers is impossible to give an answer to as its still possible to order a new Edition 1.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:06 AM

2011 BMW X5M
Originally Posted by 78degrees
Production numbers is impossible to give an answer to as its still possible to order a new Edition 1.
Thank you and that’s good to know. Do you or others have any thoughts on pricing? If you can still order one, can you do European delivery? If so, what is the discount for that? I did that for my M5 and saved a significant amount of money. My trip to Munich was funded with miles for my flight and hotel.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 569 Likes on 392 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
No, no European Delivery for the ED 1.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,329 Likes on 2,058 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
That’s news to me. Edition 1 in the US is done. Only what’s left in stock.
Somebody else on the forum mentioned a total of 213 units but I haven’t seen anything in writing.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
2018 E63S
I'm just mentioning the status for orders from the factory, not what MBUSA might think is a good idea..
I could order a Edition 1 today if I wanted to, I'm buying my cars in Norway as this is the easiest way for me to do it.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:51 PM

2011 BMW X5M
Originally Posted by Wolfman

Somebody else on the forum mentioned a total of 213 units but I haven’t seen anything in writing.
Thank you and I had heard it was around 200-250 so your number sounds in the ballpark.

Any feedback on what kind of discount from MSRP? I’m going to shoot for $10k and maybe more? Worst case is they say no and counter with a number or not all and I walk away.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

I'm just mentioning the status for orders from the factory, not what MBUSA might think is a good idea..
I could order a Edition 1 today if I wanted to, I'm buying my cars in Norway as this is the easiest way for me to do it.

The biggest issues with info like this is the context of the country we are discussing as MB sells their products in different configurations in different countries.

Edition 1 in many parts of Europe is simply an option(similar to a Premium package in the US) that can be selected whereas in the US it as part of a finite number of cars that were manufactured for the model launch. All those were configured the same way with no other option selection possible. That said, Edition 1 cars in the US have more options included that the European Edition 1, most notably the CCB's...
Old 01-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ericg69ss

Thank you and I had heard it was around 200-250 so your number sounds in the ballpark.

Any feedback on what kind of discount from MSRP? I’m going to shoot for $10k and maybe more? Worst case is they say no and counter with a number or not all and I walk away.
Discounts vary dramatically on the region, purchase history, dealer relationship or simply of how desperate the dealer is to move the car.
A month ago dealers were able to sell the car to other dealers at MSRP since the car was sold above MSRP, at least in AZ and west coast. Availability was better with earlier deliveries on the east coast, so pricing is likely better there. But I am guessing. Be great for others to chime in.

I had an outstanding deal on the Ed.1 but I haven't seen anyone posting their deals on an ED1. Others with different E63s configs were able to get up to 6 or 7% off..
What is the dealer telling you so far?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:39 PM

2011 BMW X5M
Discounts vary dramatically on the region, purchase history, dealer relationship or simply of how desperate the dealer is to move the car.
A month ago dealers were able to sell the car to other dealers at MSRP since the car was sold above MSRP, at least in AZ and west coast. Availability was better with earlier deliveries on the east coast, so pricing is likely better there. But I am guessing. Be great for others to chime in.

I had an outstanding deal on the Ed.1 but I haven't seen anyone posting their deals on an ED1. Others with different E63s configs were able to get up to 6 or 7% off..
What is the dealer telling you so far?
Dealer is not saying much but has started at MSRP. They have told me they need to move AMG’s by tomorrow so I’m going to throw a Hail Mary and see what happens. Would you mind sharing your deal through PM?

thanks
Old 01-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG GTR, Subaru Rally Car,Model X P100D
I have an Edition 1 I bought to flip - If your looking for one and the dealer can't find one, let me know.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 669 Likes on 525 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Eric check and see what the production date is of the vehicle. A lot of those sat around all summer waiting for EPA certification, I dunno if you want a car that sat for so long. I have a buddy getting one ten percent off, I wont give the details out of respect for him.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:55 AM

2011 BMW X5M
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Eric check and see what the production date is of the vehicle. A lot of those sat around all summer waiting for EPA certification, I dunno if you want a car that sat for so long. I have a buddy getting one ten percent off, I wont give the details out of respect for him.
Thank you for sharing and production date is 2/28/17, ship date 3/30/17 and arrived in the port on 4/27/17. According to the dealer the 2 they ordered didn't arrive to them until early December. So it clearly was sitting for awhile and interesting to note your buddy getting 10% off. That's pretty damn good, I asked for 9% and got the no way but they seemed to be willing to deal at that number on non Edition 1.

I see you are south of Bradenton, we will be there in March to race our new Pro Mod.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63S AMG
My friend has an Edition 1 if you can't find.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
‘17 Carrera GTS, ‘16 E63 Estate, 1965 Shelby Cobra and a few more
Dealer is not saying much but has started at MSRP. They have told me they need to move AMG’s by tomorrow so I’m going to throw a Hail Mary and see what happens. Would you mind sharing your deal through PM?
thanks
Mercedes December sales promotion ends today.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
All the Editions 1's are allocated; that doesnt mean they cant be had but one can not, in the US, walk into a dealer and start a brand new ED1 build. That being said I believe the number is 150 US cars. Eric, I got your PM and here are my thoughts:

The ED1 is arguably the most eye catching of the 63's out there so if your intent is to have a 4 door sleeper that does not catch eyes, this might not be the case. But its still a much more docile unit that some of the considerations you PM'd me. I wont delve into the performance of the car as Im sure you know the numbers and have done your research. Ive had two F10 M5's and while those cars were great from a roll, they dont hold a candle to this car from dig and the F10's also clearly missed the boat from an exhaust standpoint.

As for negotiation, its all about how the dealer is feeling as they move out of the best month of the year and into slower 2 month period before March bangs out large numbers. I would tell you this, there is about 11-12% in the car from MSRP to triple net of invoice depending on the store and how much volume they do. You can ask for the moon but you just might not get it and the car will move. Again its all about your relationship with the store and their desires to sell the car. I know you mentioned leasing in the PM; if you go that route shoot for buyrate and that will depend on how you score internally with MBFS-- the lowest rate in December was .00200 but one has to auto approve on their internal scorecard to get this rate. If not it will bump up to .00220 as a tier 1. Again, its how you score and if the rates changed in 2018. Dont prepay tax (no reason to in a lease). Seek out your CPA for tax and deduction benefits but a corporate lease might be a way to go in your situation but you will not get the top tier (.00200 Tier A1) as MBFS doesnt allow corporate deals at that tier.

There are still alot of ED1's around (relatively speaking) and my suggestion would be to work a "sleep" dealer in the midwest or toward the East that doesnt move AMG's like stores in CA and FL. PM me further if you need more intel.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 669 Likes on 525 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.

Thank you for sharing and production date is 2/28/17, ship date 3/30/17 and arrived in the port on 4/27/17. According to the dealer the 2 they ordered didn't arrive to them until early December. So it clearly was sitting for awhile and interesting to note your buddy getting 10% off. That's pretty damn good, I asked for 9% and got the no way but they seemed to be willing to deal at that number on non Edition 1.

I see you are south of Bradenton, we will be there in March to race our new Pro Mod.
Yes, I use to go to Bradenton a lot, great track. Plan on going there soon. Good luck with the car your looking for, the other thing with a older edition 1 is the software may be the older software where screens on the 2 12.3's are different and certain functions are not as good as the newer software, I hope the people with the older ones can update. Wolfman had started a thread about this on these forums.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:04 AM

2011 BMW X5M
Originally Posted by Vic55
All the Editions 1's are allocated; that doesnt mean they cant be had but one can not, in the US, walk into a dealer and start a brand new ED1 build. That being said I believe the number is 150 US cars. Eric, I got your PM and here are my thoughts:

The ED1 is arguably the most eye catching of the 63's out there so if your intent is to have a 4 door sleeper that does not catch eyes, this might not be the case. But its still a much more docile unit that some of the considerations you PM'd me. I wont delve into the performance of the car as Im sure you know the numbers and have done your research. Ive had two F10 M5's and while those cars were great from a roll, they dont hold a candle to this car from dig and the F10's also clearly missed the boat from an exhaust standpoint.

As for negotiation, its all about how the dealer is feeling as they move out of the best month of the year and into slower 2 month period before March bangs out large numbers. I would tell you this, there is about 11-12% in the car from MSRP to triple net of invoice depending on the store and how much volume they do. You can ask for the moon but you just might not get it and the car will move. Again its all about your relationship with the store and their desires to sell the car. I know you mentioned leasing in the PM; if you go that route shoot for buyrate and that will depend on how you score internally with MBFS-- the lowest rate in December was .00200 but one has to auto approve on their internal scorecard to get this rate. If not it will bump up to .00220 as a tier 1. Again, its how you score and if the rates changed in 2018. Dont prepay tax (no reason to in a lease). Seek out your CPA for tax and deduction benefits but a corporate lease might be a way to go in your situation but you will not get the top tier (.00200 Tier A1) as MBFS doesnt allow corporate deals at that tier.

There are still alot of ED1's around (relatively speaking) and my suggestion would be to work a "sleep" dealer in the midwest or toward the East that doesnt move AMG's like stores in CA and FL. PM me further if you need more intel.
Vic, thanks for your input and appreciate your taking the time to educate me. I drove the ED1 yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed but I can tell that I will get uncomfortable in those seats during my commute. So it looks like I'm getting a different E63 at the deal and pretty much all the options I want. The two things it does not have are Dinamica headliner and Carbon Fiber interior but I will get over it. Pretty sure I can change the black wood trim to Carbon if it really bothers me. Overall the car is equipped the way I want and will do me well for the places I will drive.

Regarding my F10 M5, I agree that the car misses the mark on exhaust which is why I bought downpipes and Akrapovic exhaust. I have really fallen in love with the sound when I hammer the throttle and my favorite thing to do is open up the sunroof and hear the turbos spool and get that almost F1 exhaust note when winding the RPM's. The current E63 certainly has a nice rumble to it especially with the AMG performance exhaust. I have to wonder what it will sound like downpipes??? I would imagine it would wake it up.

Anyhow, I appreciate everyone's input and advice. Looks like this deal is getting done tomorrow. I wonder if I will really miss my M5 as I have loved the precise DCT. Based on my drive yesterday it does appear the new 9spd MCT is a quantum leap from the 7spd MCT. The current E63 does pull much harder initially from a dig and I did notice that through the first 3 gears...and I wasn't really trying to hammer it full throttle. Makes me a little giddy.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
I mentioned the number,
Its printed in the DOG that only 213 edition 1's are coming into the US. "I highlighted it in blue"

The following 3 users liked this post by sighting:
AMGBEASTMODE (01-07-2018), Ed99 (09-09-2024), Vic55 (01-05-2018)
Old 03-17-2023, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 223 Likes on 125 Posts
E63s AMG
Nice 213 Edition 1 to match W213 in all of USA or North America including Canada? Anyone can confirm how many in Canada? I was told 25 and just want to see if that is the correct number.
Old 09-09-2024, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 223 Likes on 125 Posts
E63s AMG
Originally Posted by sighting
I mentioned the number,
Its printed in the DOG that only 213 edition 1's are coming into the US. "I highlighted it in blue"

Anyone know out of the rare very limited 213 Mercedes E63s Edition 1 had Ceramic Brakes?
Old 09-10-2024, 12:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by Ed99
Anyone know out of the rare very limited 213 Mercedes E63s Edition 1 had Ceramic Brakes?
I believe it is all of them, at least in the US they all came speced the exact same.