MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   2019 E63S Sedan Sailing. Anybody Else? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/712920-2019-e63s-sedan-sailing-anybody-else.html)

Slugsy 08-11-2018 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by X166 (Post 7526184)

When was the previously scheduled build date?!

Sept 21st build date now moved to late Oct for Nov delivery.

Not the end of the world but it only happened because I picked up they had got the order wrong and were building it with the wrong wheels!!

X166 08-11-2018 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7526192)

Not the end of the world but it only happened because I picked up they had got the order wrong and were building it with the wrong wheels!!

Argh! I hear you. Sorry to hear.

Lucabratsi 08-11-2018 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7526192)

Hello, At least your E63S wont sit in the heat, rain, and elements for 3-4 months like some of ours. I think some 2018’s sat for even longer. Mine has been outside in the Baltimore VPC since July16th.
Cheers

Slugsy 08-11-2018 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lucabratsi (Post 7526230)

Hello, At least your E63S wont sit in the heat, rain, and elements for 3-4 months like some of ours. I think some 2018’s sat for even longer. Mine has been outside in the Baltimore VPC since July16th.
Cheers

Yep, agreed. Sounds like I’ve been fortunate compared to some!

Lucabratsi 08-11-2018 09:53 AM

Hello,
Just wondering what Mother Nature was exposing my E63S to as its been sitting outside at the Baltimore VPC since July 16th.
https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/...th=7&year=2018

Lots of heat, rain, and storms. Oh wait a minute, hail on 7/27/2018. Seems 1.25” hail was reported close by at the Orioles ballpark. I recommend anyone who has their vehicle at this VPC to ispect their vehicle for hail damage.

http://www.stormersite.com/hail_repo...d/hailmap/2018

VPC_E63S 08-11-2018 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Benowen (Post 7526181)

I may have to consider my options if my August delivery is delayed till mid October. That gives me about 2-3 weeks of decent driving weather if that. I told the SA when I ordered the car that I wanted a car in August or not until spring. Of course, it will come during the time I didn’t want it. Can’t believe there isn’t better communication within the organization. This isn’t their first shipment of cars

Just a total bait and switch. Either that or MB persistently hangs its dealers out to dry. I just don't understand the fundamental lack of communication between dealers and MB. This will be (perhaps) my first MB and so far, not a good impression of the brand.

wdimagineer 08-11-2018 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by shasselman (Post 7526253)
Just a total bait and switch. Either that or MB persistently hangs its dealers out to dry. I just don't understand the fundamental lack of communication between dealers and MB. This will be (perhaps) my first MB and so far, not a good impression of the brand.

In all fairness, the DOG has consistently pointed to a Q4 2018 launch for some time now. I'd point most of the blame at the dealer, not MBUSA. As much as I'd like my car sooner, that Q4 date has been in my mind since I placed my order.

VPC_E63S 08-11-2018 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by wdimagineer (Post 7526418)
In all fairness, the DOG has consistently pointed to a Q4 2018 launch for some time now. I'd point most of the blame at the dealer, not MBUSA. As much as I'd like my car sooner, that Q4 date has been in my mind since I placed my order.

It doesn't matter to the customer whether it is the dealer or MBUSA. Bottom line, it reflects quite poorly on the brand. For the wagon, there were no cars to buy. And the only car you could order was a 2019. And now the 2019s are embargoed due to someones f-up or possibly by design. Last time I checked, they were trying to sell cars here. Not surprised that year-over-year sales are down 22 percent (in July) if this is how they run the business.

wdimagineer 08-11-2018 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by shasselman (Post 7526427)
It doesn't matter to the customer whether it is the dealer or MBUSA. Bottom line, it reflects quite poorly on the brand. For the wagon, there were no cars to buy. And the only car you could order was a 2019. And now the 2019s are embargoed due to someones f-up or possibly by design. Last time I checked, they were trying to sell cars here. Not surprised that year-over-year sales are down 22 percent (in July) if this is how they run the business.

The majority of brand dissatisfaction originates at the dealer level. Automotive brands work tirelessly to ensure their dealer networks live up to established corporate expectations. However, dealers are still businesses and need to make money. The sad reality is that many salesmen will tell you what you want to hear, or a variation of it, in order to move units. Everything I have read in this thread is pure conjecture and rumor.

The only "fact" posted is the screenshot I provided from MBUSA's own intranet. That lines up with what the order guide for 2019 cars has shown for months now. I knew this when I placed my order. Nothing has changed. The cars are delayed by design to ensure adequate time for logistics, regulatory approvals, and whatever else MBUSA needs to finalize to ensure a successful launch campaign. It's entirely possible for the timeline to improve, but I'm managing my expectations on that until I hear otherwise.

Your dealer should have told you the Q4 2019 date when you placed your order. If they didn't, that's bad customer relations.

kcjonz 08-11-2018 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by wdimagineer (Post 7526609)
The majority of brand dissatisfaction originates at the dealer level. Automotive brands work tirelessly to ensure their dealer networks live up to established corporate expectations. However, dealers are still businesses and need to make money. The sad reality is that many salesmen will tell you what you want to hear, or a variation of it, in order to move units. Everything I have read in this thread is pure conjecture and rumor.

The only "fact" posted is the screenshot I provided from MBUSA's own intranet. That lines up with what the order guide for 2019 cars has shown for months now. I knew this when I placed my order. Nothing has changed. The cars are delayed by design to ensure adequate time for logistics, regulatory approvals, and whatever else MBUSA needs to finalize to ensure a successful launch campaign. It's entirely possible for the timeline to improve, but I'm managing my expectations on that until I hear otherwise.

Your dealer should have told you the Q4 2019 date when you placed your order. If they didn't, that's bad customer relations.

The order guide I received on July 2nd, revised in June, says release date Q3 2018. But I ordered my car Feb 5th.

wdimagineer 08-11-2018 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by kcjonz (Post 7526650)

The order guide I received on July 2nd, revised in June, says release date Q3 2018. But I ordered my car Feb 5th.

You're right. The revision I have now says Q3 2018. We're still in Q3 until the end of September, so we'll see what happens. At one point, I believe it said both TBD and at one point also Q4.

Any dealer needs to set expectations accordingly. Mine keeps telling me to expect the worst but hope for the best.

Carac 08-11-2018 11:51 PM

I experienced this with my wife’s Range Rover at the Baltimore VPC. The part that really burned me out was this. They are constantly moving cars around. Mostly getting cars to fill up trucks and any with a hold are moved deeper into the lot as cars that aren’t on hold are loaded. So when the ‘18s were finally released for sale, my wife’s (which had been sitting there for weeks) ended up being loaded well after cars that had just arrived because hers had sifted to the back of the lot with all of the others that had been there for weeks. So there were owners with later build dates that got loaded onto trucks 1-2 weeks before my wife’s. Which really burned me up.

s26singh 08-12-2018 03:56 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8606b7ce7.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3f93118c3.jpeg
Totally unrelated to our North American release but Michael Kubler just took delivery of his “Kubler Spec” MY19 E63 S yesterday. This is unfair lol !

tvitarel 08-12-2018 07:57 PM

So I am curious where Michael lives that he gets his 2019 before North America.

VPC_E63S 08-12-2018 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by tvitarel (Post 7527215)
So I am curious where Michael lives that he gets his 2019 before North America.

https://www.afr.com/lifestyle/cars-b...0170614-gwqpsj

Slugsy 08-13-2018 11:36 AM

So now my dealer is informing me of the HUD issue that I told them about last week! They now can’t even give me a delivery date!

What a total shambles! I’m now considering looking at the Panamera Sport Turismo, MB couldn’t tie their own shoe laces!

s26singh 08-13-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7527550)
So now my dealer is informing me of the HUD issue that I told them about last week! They now can’t even give me a delivery date!

What a total shambles! I’m now considering looking at the Panamera Sport Turismo, MB couldn’t tie their own shoe laces!

Try another dealer, or shop for a inventory car. Panamera nice alternative, but you will not get the raw performance a E63 will deliver - unless you spec up to a Panamera Turbo, which can be double the price.

Slugsy 08-13-2018 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by s26singh (Post 7527559)
Try another dealer, or shop for a inventory car. Panamera nice alternative, but you will not get the raw performance a E63 will deliver - unless you spec up to a Panamera Turbo, which can be double the price.

I know, it’s so frustrating! We have tried 3 dealers, so far all saying the same thing.

I have no idea what to do, M5 is not available for a delivery until March so that’s worse!

I agree re Panamera! It’s the E63 I want but god knows when I’ll actually get it!

s26singh 08-13-2018 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7527567)

I know, it’s so frustrating! We have tried 3 dealers, so far all saying the same thing.

I have no idea what to do, M5 is not available for a delivery until March so that’s worse!

I agree re Panamera! It’s the E63 I want but god knows when I’ll actually get it!

That is truly frustrating ! Have you actually shopped for the Panamera yet - might be your only alternative. The fit and finish of the Porsche, along with the interior - its a very nice car I must say.

Slugsy 08-13-2018 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by s26singh (Post 7527583)
That is truly frustrating ! Have you actually shopped for the Panamera yet - might be your only alternative. The fit and finish of the Porsche, along with the interior - its a very nice car I must say.

I have but as you say, the compromise is the performance which I really don’t want to do.

Carac 08-13-2018 01:51 PM

If you want an E63, there are still 38 listed for sale if you can't wait until late this year or early next, might be one close to your desired spec.

Slugsy 08-13-2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7527674)
If you want an E63, there are still 38 listed for sale if you can't wait until late this year or early next, might be one close to your desired spec.

I’m going to defo look at this option, thanks

Carac 08-13-2018 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7527682)

I’m going to defo look at this option, thanks

It's rocks and hard places for anyone in the market right now. Every time I posted about delays in E63 production I'd get shouted down here by reps from dealerships saying I was talking nonsense. My order was locked in late last year, a wagon with basically everything but the carbon trim. It was scheduled for first 10 days of January. Didn't get a VIN until Valentine's day. Didn't start production until April, which is way longer than the usual gap between VIN and production. Didn't delivery until May. There are parts and options in the Mercedes "catalog" right now that are having supply chain issues that can last 6 months and they are only getting worse with the parts sharing between all the new models like the CLS, GT 4-door, even the new G-wagen. They're going to have to find some new suppliers if these things continue.

Wassaby 08-13-2018 03:02 PM

For those who are saying that Dealers knew ahead of time of this VPC delays is just not true. This is an email sent by MBUSA CEO 12 days ago and he explains very clear the reasons for delay. https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a872464a67.jpg

X166 08-13-2018 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7527724)
For those who are saying that Dealers knew ahead of time of this VPC delays is just not true. This is an email sent by MBUSA CEO 12 days ago and he explains very clear the reasons for delay. https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a872464a67.jpg

Thanks. But any word on the release of cars that have arrived?