2019 E63S Sedan Sailing. Anybody Else? - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017/2018
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 E63S Sedan Sailing. Anybody Else?

Old 07-05-2018, 11:49 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 242
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Talking 2019 E63S Sedan Sailing. Anybody Else?

Been a long wait, bit 2019 E63S Sedan built on the solstice 6/21 is enroute and 5 days out with arrival scheduled 7/10 at Port BAL.
It is on the carrier Florida Highway.

Anybody else have one coming on the same ship?

Feels good, man.

Florida Highway
KarlG is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 02:48 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 342
Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
Been a long wait, bit 2019 E63S Sedan built on the solstice 6/21 is enroute and 5 days out with arrival scheduled 7/10 at Port BAL.
It is on the carrier Florida Highway.

Anybody else have one coming on the same ship?

Feels good, man.

Florida Highway

Congrats! Was it on schedule for the build date? Or ahead of schedule or behind?
X166 is online now  
Old 07-05-2018, 04:37 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
 
TRUVUDU's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2017 Shelby Cobra
Im interested to know original build date given also. Mine has a build date of Aug 1. I would also like to know if anyone has a firm price yet. My dealer has the new dealer order guild but he say MB has not updated their ordering system so he isnt able to give me a firm price. He say the DOG has been wrong in the past. Any opinions on this?
TRUVUDU is online now  
Old 07-05-2018, 04:47 PM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 113
Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts
2012 Ferrari FF, 1992 911 C2, 2019 e63s wagon (lives at the Baltimore VPC)
Originally Posted by TRUVUDU View Post
Im interested to know original build date given also. Mine has a build date of Aug 1. I would also like to know if anyone has a firm price yet. My dealer has the new dealer order guild but he say MB has not updated their ordering system so he isnt able to give me a firm price. He say the DOG has been wrong in the past. Any opinions on this?
My dealer told me the same thing - I think they don't want to commit to a price given the potential tariffs.
VPC_E63S is online now  
Old 07-05-2018, 05:04 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
 
TRUVUDU's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2017 Shelby Cobra
This might not be true but i heard once the car is on the water, the tariffs would not apply. I was hoping the OPs car was built ahead of schedule. 😉
TRUVUDU is online now  
Old 07-05-2018, 05:16 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 113
Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts
2012 Ferrari FF, 1992 911 C2, 2019 e63s wagon (lives at the Baltimore VPC)
Originally Posted by TRUVUDU View Post
This might not be true but i heard once the car is on the water, the tariffs would not apply. I was hoping the OPs car was built ahead of schedule. 😉
I don't know. But seems like the conventional wisdom would be that a good would be taxed at the port of entry. But I think we need to ask a trade lawyer that question.
VPC_E63S is online now  
Old 07-05-2018, 05:39 PM
  #7  
Member
 
kcjonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 134
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
2016 Audi S6, 2017 LR Disco HSE LUX, 2019 E63S (on order)
Originally Posted by TRUVUDU View Post
Im interested to know original build date given also. Mine has a build date of Aug 1. I would also like to know if anyone has a firm price yet. My dealer has the new dealer order guild but he say MB has not updated their ordering system so he isnt able to give me a firm price. He say the DOG has been wrong in the past. Any opinions on this?
I was give 1st decade of June build date and my car was completed June 29th. Status as of 7/2 was B6: Factory Invoiced. I have a copy of the invoice with pricing and VIN on it.
kcjonz is online now  
Old 07-05-2018, 06:11 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 125
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Nissan
Real question isn't when it sailed or when it will land, but when will MB release it to you!
Dagger9903 is online now  
Old 07-05-2018, 06:26 PM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 242
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by X166 View Post



Congrats! Was it on schedule for the build date? Or ahead of schedule or behind?

Thanks/ I looked through my status sheets. Decade remained 6/3/ . Production date bounced from 6/18 in April to 6/22 around June and car was actually built 6/21. So very minor changes all together, I had my fingers crossed having read all the various delays that hit people who had ordered 2018.

Last edited by KarlG; 07-05-2018 at 06:28 PM.
KarlG is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 06:36 PM
  #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 242
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by Dagger9903 View Post
Real question isn't when it sailed or when it will land, but when will MB release it to you!
Dealer stated a sold order Priority Level 1 should have no delays beyond the usual unload, and truck transport which typically takes a few days to a week to our location in NY. I have a signed PO from back in Jan with trade value, price,etc. Not sure what adjustments, if any, will be required, My local dealer is very good.

We shall see.
KarlG is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 07:12 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 125
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Nissan
I hope so as that'd be good news for me (my build is supposed to be complete July 6 - tomorrow!).

I was under the impression though that MB would hold the cars (at arrival port I guess?) until 2019s were "officially" released - which could be Sept. Last I heard, there was no official word on when the 2019 release was going to be.

I really really really hope they just release these cars though, I ordered this car back in freakin' December.

Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
Dealer stated a sold order Priority Level 1 should have no delays beyond the usual unload, and truck transport which typically takes a few days to a week to our location in NY. I have a signed PO from back in Jan with trade value, price,etc. Not sure what adjustments, if any, will be required, My local dealer is very good.

We shall see.
Dagger9903 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagger9903 For This Useful Post:
KarlG (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 719
Thanked 149 Times in 116 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Congrats!

Hopefully there won't be any significant EPA delay like on the 2018s. You'd think that given the motor specs are the same that it won't be a long delay as the bugs were hopefully worked on on the 2018 cert process.
E634Me is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to E634Me For This Useful Post:
KarlG (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 08:15 PM
  #13  
ozy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: metro atlanta
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2010 mb e63 amg,blk/blk
Mb USA won’t release the 2019 that are en route till September ........ I’ve waited for mine almost a year....
ozy is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 09:57 PM
  #14  
Super Member
 
v8plus4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 30-A
Posts: 672
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
15 E63 S
Mine is aboard Courageous Ace. Due in port in GA on July 9.
v8plus4 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to v8plus4 For This Useful Post:
KarlG (07-07-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 10:00 PM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 207
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by ozy View Post
Mb USA wonít release the 2019 that are en route till September ........ Iíve waited for mine almost a year....
I don't understand their strategy... Why build new model year cars in June that get to the US in July, only to sit at the port for two months until release in September? That causes unnecessary damage from the elements, and exposure to other risks. It would make more sense either to release them earlier (including taking care of the certifications), or still build previous model year cars in June and maybe July.
visualguy is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 11:08 PM
  #16  
sjb
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
S213 E63 on order
so funny... i remember finding all kinds of maritime websites 10 years ago to track the voyage of my VW GTI. i even watched the webcams at the panama canal for when it sailed through to make its way to long beach.

seeing as i have one on order (build date 8/20), i'll probably be doing the same again in a couple of months.
sjb is offline  
Old 07-06-2018, 08:06 AM
  #17  
Super Member
 
CALBenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S.F. Bay Area, CA
Posts: 660
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
'18 E63S; '10 Audi R8 V10; '16 Acura RDX; '14 Acura MDX; '04 E500
Well, I'm still waiting on a 2018 (probably the last one in the States! ) that is still stuck in the VPC in Baltimore waiting for the rear spoiler apparently. The build date was the second decade of May.
CALBenzo is offline  
Old 07-06-2018, 01:29 PM
  #18  
Member
Thread Starter
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 242
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by ozy View Post
Mb USA wonít release the 2019 that are en route till September ........ Iíve waited for mine almost a year....
Hope this isn't the case. I should see soon enough.

Originally Posted by v8plus4 View Post
Mine is aboard Courageous Ace. Due in port in GA on July 9.
Congrats, as well. Lets hope they get delivered from port quickly.
KarlG is offline  
Old 07-06-2018, 01:37 PM
  #19  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 518
Thanked 56 Times in 49 Posts
Pending '19 E63s, '17 C63S
Originally Posted by CALBenzo View Post
Well, I'm still waiting on a 2018 (probably the last one in the States! ) that is still stuck in the VPC in Baltimore waiting for the rear spoiler apparently. The build date was the second decade of May.

Why not cancel it for a 19? Gonna be worth a lot less in a year or two wouldn't it ?


Anyway, just finalized my magno selenite grey 8/3 build date car. Can't wait.
jkob5 is online now  
Old 07-06-2018, 01:38 PM
  #20  
Member
Thread Starter
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 242
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by CALBenzo View Post
Well, I'm still waiting on a 2018 (probably the last one in the States! ) that is still stuck in the VPC in Baltimore waiting for the rear spoiler apparently. The build date was the second decade of May.
How long has it been waiting since port arrival?
KarlG is offline  
Old 07-06-2018, 05:57 PM
  #21  
Super Member
 
CALBenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S.F. Bay Area, CA
Posts: 660
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
'18 E63S; '10 Audi R8 V10; '16 Acura RDX; '14 Acura MDX; '04 E500
Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
How long has it been waiting since port arrival?
June 6th I believe.
CALBenzo is offline  
Old 07-06-2018, 06:27 PM
  #22  
Member
Thread Starter
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 242
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by CALBenzo View Post
June 6th I believe.
Long wait. I have heard the California cars go through the Panama canal and are @ 4 weeks later to arrive on West Coast ports after stop in BAL. If ship dropped cars off in BAL for North East and your car remained on board and was working it's way west, it might make sense.

The whole supply chain makes sense to MB and the dealers. Less so to me. I have watched Porshe's, Audi's and MBs sit in BAL after release for a week before being picked up by the truck carrier to NY.
KarlG is offline  
Old 07-06-2018, 09:15 PM
  #23  
Super Member
 
CALBenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: S.F. Bay Area, CA
Posts: 660
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
'18 E63S; '10 Audi R8 V10; '16 Acura RDX; '14 Acura MDX; '04 E500
Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
Long wait. I have heard the California cars go through the Panama canal and are @ 4 weeks later to arrive on West Coast ports after stop in BAL. If ship dropped cars off in BAL for North East and your car remained on board and was working it's way west, it might make sense.

The whole supply chain makes sense to MB and the dealers. Less so to me. I have watched Porshe's, Audi's and MBs sit in BAL after release for a week before being picked up by the truck carrier to NY.
I couldn't get any allocations from my local dealer out here, so I went through Euro Motors Germantown in MD. I still have to have it trucked to CA after it is finally released!
CALBenzo is offline  
Old 07-06-2018, 09:25 PM
  #24  
Member
Thread Starter
 
KarlG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 242
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by CALBenzo View Post
I couldn't get any allocations from my local dealer out here, so I went through Euro Motors Germantown in MD. I still have to have it trucked to CA after it is finally released!

As I said, their supply chain makes no sense. Why it would take that long to install a peel and glue on piece of carbon fiber and delivery about 50 miles to dealer makes no sense to me. Euro Motors should have sold 2019 E63S models arriving on the same ship as mine.I would hope you are accommodated for this excess wait.
KarlG is offline  
Old 07-07-2018, 11:33 AM
  #25  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brampton, Canada
Posts: 171
Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
Been a long wait, bit 2019 E63S Sedan built on the solstice 6/21 is enroute and 5 days out with arrival scheduled 7/10 at Port BAL.
It is on the carrier Florida Highway.

Anybody else have one coming on the same ship?

Feels good, man.

Florida Highway
My car entered production 06/10; is currently on ship sailing towards port; and expected to arrive in Halifax, Canada on 07/10 - probably not same ship but maybe? It is also a MY19; and planned delivery date is 07/26 in Toronto, Canada.
s26singh is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 E63S Sedan Sailing. Anybody Else?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: