MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   2019 E63S Sedan Sailing. Anybody Else? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/712920-2019-e63s-sedan-sailing-anybody-else.html)

ozy 07-10-2018 11:58 PM

Just an update... I requested my $30k deposit on my e63s back from my dealer.
with the very clear insinuations that epa and customs will delay ,again, the delivery of these ,and other mb models, I think I’m gonna change direction.....
maybe it’s just not meant to be.....how utterly disappointing.

X166 07-11-2018 12:27 AM

?

Shahul—can you shed light on any of these rumblings about EPA delays?

Carac 07-11-2018 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mayur999 (Post 7499025)
@s26singh

I placed my order on May 4th.

Build - June 20th.

Sched to arrive in Halifax July 20th.

Delivery on order date was listed as : Sept 20.

Apparently could be a wait for emissions testing and vehicles being regulated for Canada.

Sorry, I am new to this all and the ordering process. What does VPC status mean? Also, what do you mean by service campaign tagging?

Thanks and sorry again for the questions.

There shouldn't be any delays for emissions since nothing about the drivetrain changed since last year. They are holding them at the ports for some unknown release date for marketing/sales purposes.

visualguy 07-11-2018 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7499217)
There shouldn't be any delays for emissions since nothing about the drivetrain changed since last year. They are holding them at the ports for some unknown release date for marketing/sales purposes.

They shouldn't be doing this. Why bake them at the ports? Other companies generally don't do this. Also, why the lack of transparency and communication with the dealers and customers?

CALBenzo 07-11-2018 03:28 AM

I wonder if they are being held up for these CEL problems that they can't seem to identify in some of the other threads here?

ozy 07-11-2018 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by visualguy (Post 7499223)
They shouldn't be doing this. Why bake them at the ports? Other companies generally don't do this. Also, why the lack of transparency and communication with the dealers and customers?

Agree completely... MBUSA dropped the ball on so many levels it's scary.. my dealer, and others have voiced the same gripe towards mbusa..... ithink I'm taking my hard earned $ elsewhere.

kcjonz 07-11-2018 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by ozy (Post 7499201)
...my $30k deposit...

Ouch! My dealer was demanding $10K, I was pushing $1K we settled on $2K.

Carac 07-11-2018 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by kcjonz (Post 7499377)
Ouch! My dealer was demanding $10K, I was pushing $1K we settled on $2K.

My local dealer wanted $50k down in 2011 when I ordered my SLS. They also wanted $25k down for the wagon last fall. I bought both elsewhere. Ended up being $5k for the SLS and $1k for the wagon.

s26singh 07-11-2018 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mayur999 (Post 7499025)
@s26singh

I placed my order on May 4th.

Build - June 20th.

Sched to arrive in Halifax July 20th.

Delivery on order date was listed as : Sept 20.

Apparently could be a wait for emissions testing and vehicles being regulated for Canada.

Sorry, I am new to this all and the ordering process. What does VPC status mean? Also, what do you mean by service campaign tagging?

Thanks and sorry again for the questions.

VPC = Vehicle Procressing Centre

Service campaign = something that can be done to upgrade, repair, or make the car run efficiently, but is not considered mandatory or a safety issue (which would result in a vehicle "recall")

bobblehead 07-11-2018 03:18 PM

As typical, MB Canada will not release the 19 too early (mostly due to marketing reason, ignoring the fact of yet another emission clearance status ?? iwhich I doubt it will need for the 19). MB Canada wants to ensure most of the 18 are gone from dealers' inventories first and then they will release the 19.

Carac 07-11-2018 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by bobblehead (Post 7499725)
As typical, MB Canada will not release the 19 too early (mostly due to marketing reason, ignoring the fact of yet another emission clearance status ?? iwhich I doubt it will need for the 19). MB Canada wants to ensure most of the 18 are gone from dealers' inventories first and then they will release the 19.

That's a big reason. Dealers don't want '19s flooding the market before they have a chance to clear out the late '18s that just hit the ground. Who would buy a '18 from one dealer when a dealer in the next town has a '19 for the same price? And the dealer with the '18 doesn't want to take a bath on a car they got last week and haven't had a chance to move. It sucks, but what can you do?

VPC_E63S 07-11-2018 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7499731)
That's a big reason. Dealers don't want '19s flooding the market before they have a chance to clear out the late '18s that just hit the ground. Who would buy a '18 from one dealer when a dealer in the next town has a '19 for the same price? And the dealer with the '18 doesn't want to take a bath on a car they got last week and haven't had a chance to move. It sucks, but that a big reason for the hold.

Perhaps - but there is no reason why they can't release cars that customers have ordered. Those cars are obviously not going to dealer lots. To hold up an ordered car is just horrible customer service, imo.

bobblehead 07-11-2018 03:38 PM

MB Canada website shows there are 42 sedan + 18 wagon = 60 E63S for sale across Canada (that's just based on corporate owned stores, not including the inventories of the independent dealers). These many will certainly require some factory credit + at least 6-7% dealer side discounts to move them a bit quicker.

https://www.inventory.mercedes-benz....%5B%5D=E63+AMG

bobblehead 07-11-2018 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by shasselman (Post 7499737)
Perhaps - but there is no reason why they can't release cars that customers have ordered. Those cars are obviously not going to dealer lots. To hold up an ordered car is just horrible customer service, imo.

MB only cares how they want to move their products on a marketing timely manner.

Carac 07-11-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by bobblehead (Post 7499743)
MB only cares how they want to move their products on a marketing timely manner.

Because if they DO saddle dealerships with 2018 models just weeks or days before a 2019 lands they WILL have to offer incentives and dealer cash to help move the "older" inventory and they would rather hold back the 2019s to give the dealers a chance to sell those cars at full price than eat the margin or worse on month old 2018s. Again, this sucks for the end-consumer but it's just business.

visualguy 07-11-2018 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7499768)
Because if they DO saddle dealerships with 2018 models just weeks or days before a 2019 lands they WILL have to offer incentives and dealer cash to help move the "older" inventory and they would rather hold back the 2019s to give the dealers a chance to sell those cars at full price than eat the margin or worse on month old 2018s. Again, this sucks for the end-consumer but it's just business.

Right, but that's not how the other companies do business, and they have to compete with these other companies that don't bake cars at the port...

bobblehead 07-11-2018 05:22 PM

For Canada, I only know MB does it this way (even on their non AMG vehicles) ... holding back the new model year car until some arbitrary date and then release. For BMW in Canada, it is not done the MB way as far as I know.

visualguy 07-11-2018 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by bobblehead (Post 7499808)
For Canada, I only know MB does it this way (even on their non AMG vehicles) ... holding back the new model year car until some arbitrary date and then release. For BMW in Canada, it is not done the MB way as far as I know.

MB does the same thing in the US...

It wouldn't be so bad if the release date was disclosed to the customers and dealers in advance, but this information is not provided. They just say things like "Q3" or "fall" which don't help much... My impression is that typically they do release the cars by September, so an August or later production slot is pretty safe in terms of avoiding having your car bake at the port for too long. Avoid June and July slots.

s26singh 07-11-2018 10:28 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...29be590e89.jpg
Current status.

Funny enough, on June 12th the "Planned Delivery Date" read "20180726" - go figure

Mayur999 07-11-2018 10:36 PM

Oh damn, thats awesome! Keep us posted and let us know if you get it on the 23rd. When you first ordered the car did they say delivery was going to be in July? Or is this much earlier than initially expected?

Congrats man.

X166 07-11-2018 10:54 PM

Wow, congrats!!! This would be the first 2019 delivered on the message board?!

s26singh 07-12-2018 08:31 AM

The above picture is just for demonstration purposes to show you guys what my SA sees right now, which isn't a lot as you can tell.

I am with @bobblehead on this one - very unlikely the car will arrive at dealer by July 23rd.

bobblehead 07-12-2018 10:23 AM

it reminds me of a year old blog / Youtube that a MB dealer in Halifax released a 2018 C63AMG to a customer (plated and registered) WITHOUT the authorization of MB Canada, in the end, the dealer has to beg the customer to return the car back to the dealer for hold until MB Canada gives the final release clearance. In turn, the dealer has to provide the customer a S63 as loaner to drive around for a few weeks while the car was on hold.

s26singh 07-12-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by bobblehead (Post 7500242)
it reminds me of a year old blog / Youtube that a MB dealer in Halifax released a 2018 C63AMG to a customer (plated and registered) WITHOUT the authorization of MB Canada, in the end, the dealer has to beg the customer to return the car back to the dealer for hold until MB Canada gives the final release clearance. In turn, the dealer has to provide the customer a S63 as loaner to drive around for a few weeks while the car was on hold.

I wouldn't really mind a S63 lol

Lucabratsi 07-12-2018 12:58 PM

Hello,
Just learned my E63S is on the transport ship Fremantle highway arriving in Baltimore on Monday the 16th. No apparent hold at the VPC, and possibly can be at the dealer the week of the 23rd. Will keep updating.
Cheers,