W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY19 Launch Schedule

Old 11-26-2018, 03:26 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
2008 C300, 2015 CLA 45 AMG, 2018 SLC 300, 2019 C43 AMG coupe
Originally Posted by s26singh
Oh right, that means my cars probably way at the back of the lot in Halifax lol.
Lol hopefully not man. I hope you can get it this week. Would just be nice to finally see some Canadian deliveries! Weve all been waiting forever...
Old 11-26-2018, 04:40 PM

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts
E63S4S

its here!
The following 2 users liked this post by wassup61:
415 (11-26-2018), s26singh (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 04:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Nissan
Originally Posted by wassup61
its here!
Nicccceeeee! De-badged, huh? I'm trying to decide if I want to pay for new emblems after I PPF, or leave it debadged - particularly on the back. Looks pretty clean.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:07 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2013 GL550

its here!
Congrats!!! Love the combo.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2012 Ferrari FF, 1992 911 C2, 2019 e63s wagon (no longer lives at the Baltimore VPC)
its here!
Fantastic. Love the colors.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:23 PM

E63S4S
Originally Posted by Dagger9903
Nicccceeeee! De-badged, huh? I'm trying to decide if I want to pay for new emblems after I PPF, or leave it debadged - particularly on the back. Looks pretty clean.
In all likelihood I will also leave the front fenders De-badged as well after PPF is applied. XPel Ultimate+ on the full car and stealth on the chrome bits.

Dealer sent me pics, I knew it was going to be dirty, but I had to see her!
Old 11-26-2018, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Audi R8
In all likelihood I will also leave the front fenders De-badged as well after PPF is applied. XPel Ultimate+ on the full car and stealth on the chrome bits.

Dealer sent me pics, I knew it was going to be dirty, but I had to see her!
So you purchased instead of lease? How much is the Xpel full coverage going to cost?
Old 11-26-2018, 07:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
19 RR SVR, 19 E63S, 18 911 Turbo S

its here!
thats a total sleeper, real sharp looking. From the back looks like you did the black/night styling package? Looks good against the paint job.

is your interior carbon fiber on the paneling? I can’t tell from pics.

congrats!
Old 11-26-2018, 07:06 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts
2017 AMG SL63 _ 19 AMG S65 Cpe _ 23 R8 Spyder Rwd _ 17 911 C2S _ 16 Boxster Spyder _ 01 BMW Z8 etc.
Originally Posted by amgcb

thats a total sleeper, real sharp looking. From the back looks like you did the black/night styling package? Looks good against the paint job.

is your interior carbon fiber on the paneling? I can’t tell from pics.

congrats!
No, looks like natural grain black ash wood trim.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:08 PM

Nissan
Full xpel stealth on the wagon for me is $8400 or so. I got several quotes and this was the highest, but they also do the most thorough installation (remove numbers / headlights, etc. Given I'm putting stealth on gloss paint, I didn't want any shortcuts. They estimated it'd take 3-5 days.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:36 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by Dagger9903
Full xpel stealth on the wagon for me is $8400 or so. I got several quotes and this was the highest, but they also do the most thorough installation (remove numbers / headlights, etc. Given I'm putting stealth on gloss paint, I didn't want any shortcuts. They estimated it'd take 3-5 days.
that's pretty high for what I have been seeing on US, Canada and UK.

i was also quoted in my country at €7600 + taxes for full Xpel Stealth wrap and ceramic coating. pretty steep. here they seem to be taking advantage of being the only shop in hundreads of miles doing this...

there is no way to justify these prices. why? because so many shops are doing it for $4k to $6k. and they do it using plotter and templates, not manual cuts. so it's BS if they come saying that they do a very professional job, with minimal tucking behind panels, etc. many are doing it also and not charging so much.

also, the less they remove panels and stuff the better. everytime you remove stuff you risk breaking something or inducing rattles.

on an Xpeal Stealth over a glossy paint there will always be some parts that will not be covered but they'll only be spotted close to the car, if you don't want to have the PPF tuck under panels and subject to stretching.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:42 PM

Nissan
San Francisco Bay area - not much is cheap around here unfortunately. There was a 3 month wait to do this at that price =). Others were in the $7K+ range, nobody was in the <$6K for a full stealth wrap.

I get the less is more view, but I spoke with 3-4 other people and they all indicated there would be panel gaps noticeable at 2-3 feet. Some even recommended scuffing the clear coat to get a better blend. I took the path of more work (remove parts, hand cut PPF when necessary), higher cost and maybe higher risk (cut paint) for hopefully a better, more seamless finished product. It better look freakin' fantastic though.

Originally Posted by tonecas
that's pretty high for what I have been seeing on US, Canada and UK.

i was also quoted in my country at €7600 + taxes for full Xpel Stealth wrap and ceramic coating. pretty steep. here they seem to be taking advantage of being the only shop in hundreads of miles doing this...

there is no way to justify these prices. why? because so many shops are doing it for $4k to $6k. and they do it using plotter and templates, not manual cuts. so it's BS if they come saying that they do a very professional job, with minimal tucking behind panels, etc. many are doing it also and not charging so much.

also, the less they remove panels and stuff the better. everytime you remove stuff you risk breaking something or inducing rattles.

on an Xpeal Stealth over a glossy paint there will always be some parts that will not be covered but they'll only be spotted close to the car, if you don't want to have the PPF tuck under panels and subject to stretching.
The following users liked this post:
tonecas (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 07:42 PM

E63S4S
Originally Posted by 348SStb

No, looks like natural grain black ash wood trim.
That's correct
Old 11-26-2018, 08:12 PM

Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 E63S Sedan 2014 GL450
Originally Posted by Benowen
Has anyone got their car from VPC Baltimore yet? Mine has been released, but the SA has no time table of when it will be delivered. It has been there since August 10th, probably stuck in the back. If it doesn't come in the next two weeks, may not be able to get it until January with my schedule and the holidays. Is there anyone who can check if this car is in transit or has a ETA for delivery. Here is my VIN # WDDZF8KB1KA509021.

Thanks
Mine has been there since mid July. Was at the dealer in NJ today, and it shows on his screen delivering today. Well no car on the lot. Increadable that the delivery dates given to the dealers from the VPC’s are also BS. Maybe this week.
After waiting 8 months whats a few more days?
Cheers
Old 11-26-2018, 08:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by tonecas
lovely! that's obsidian black right?
i opted to keep the chromes. but is similar to yours. can't stand the waiting... fortunately it seems on track for delivery in December.

funny, you guys in the US seem to not really like chromes. most of you black them out.
Nope. That is Mercedes black (Schwarz). with the Night Package and rear badge delete.

Originally Posted by Benowen
Has anyone got their car from VPC Baltimore yet?

Thanks
Mine was delivered to Baltimore VPC @ first week of July and to the dealer this Sat.

Last edited by KarlG; 11-26-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:03 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
Originally Posted by KarlG
Nope. That is Mercedes black (Schwarz). with the Night Package and rear badge delete.
interesting! never saw one in solid black. tried to find one to compare but no luck.

can't see the difference. will need to take another picture of a obsidian black and compare to yours side by side
Old 11-26-2018, 10:02 PM

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
E63 S Wagon
My wagon made it to my dealer today. My tech friend that sent me the pics said it was on its way to being hand washed. I said he needs to stop them, and I'm not sure if they did. Of course, this goes completely against the agreement I had with the sales manager. 10 months may have just been wasted. But a loaded 2019 wagon may soon be available.

I'm waiting for confirmation whether or not it actually was touched. They're on red alert.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:21 PM

2017 AMG SL63 _ 19 AMG S65 Cpe _ 23 R8 Spyder Rwd _ 17 911 C2S _ 16 Boxster Spyder _ 01 BMW Z8 etc.
Originally Posted by wdimagineer
My wagon made it to my dealer today. My tech friend that sent me the pics said it was on its way to being hand washed. I said he needs to stop them, and I'm not sure if they did. Of course, this goes completely against the agreement I had with the sales manager. 10 months may have just been wasted. But a loaded 2019 wagon may soon be available.

I'm waiting for confirmation whether or not it actually was touched. They're on red alert.
I don’t want to start an altercation with my comments. I want to help and share some advice which you may find useful.

You are a crazy lunatic. And I too am a crazy lunatic. I have a full-page printed sheet instructing the dealer NOT to apppy any product, apply any tire shine, don’t do this, don’t do that upon vehicle purchase. I’ve got printed sheets for various different scenarios having to do with my cars.

BUT: at the end of the day, these Mercedes dealers know how to do things pretty much only one way. The way they know how. They don’t cater to “special” people like us. This isn’t a specialty brand. It’s a mass produced brand.

I get mad when the dealer doesn’t follow my instructions. It really makes me wonder, “How hard is it to NOT do the things I ask you not to do? It’s less work.”

But after reflection, the tire shine that was on my tires didn’t ruin my life. People have way worse problems. The fact that my instructions weren’t followed didn’t destroy my car or destroy my life. The car isn’t an actual baby. It’s not a human baby. It’s a disposable machine. Yes, people like us want the car to be virgin from the moment it arrives at the dealer. But even with the tire shine on it with 7 miles on the odometer, I decided the car was still extremely new and has a long life ahead of it under my crazy lunatic custody.

I hope you will be able to enjoy this car. You’ve waited way too long to allow somebody to steal your anticipation these past 10 months and your future enjoyment over a hand car wash. The car was washed by hand. So what. It’s not damaged. If there are swirl marks, then you should take a trip down to the port and see the things they do there! I would bet money your car is just fine; and any swirl marks which may upset you can be easily rectified.

I really hope you will be able to choose to take this car, and in no way do I diminish your wants, needs, preferences, or prerogative to do and think what’s best for you. I’m just trying to sway you with some reflection because the car you have waited for is one of the finest machines on earth, and I wouldn’t want to see you regret passing on the vehicle.

All the best and good luck with this situation.

Last edited by 348SStb; 11-26-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:24 PM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Originally Posted by wdimagineer

That's a big sacrifice for one hand wash - the clear coat is tough enough withstand one, I'm sure of it. And if you got the Magno matte finish - even less worries as long as they don't use soap with wax.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:51 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Just took delivery of my. Matte Grey e63s. It went on its way on an enclosed trailer to get whole car xpel stealth.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:55 PM

E63 S Wagon
You are a crazy lunatic.
I am! And it appears you understand where I'm coming from. I provided clear instructions and it's frustrating when they are not followed. I literally got off an airplane to a text message and thankfully I might have been able to stop the car from being touched. Regardless, instructions are instructions. In my world, failure to follow could be catastrophic to my business. So if I choose to not take this car, it'll be a message to them to not **** up again. I'm not a typical customer and they know this. Apparently nobody knew, despite marking in NetStar and other places, that this car was "sold". We will see what the sales manager says tomorrow, but at this point, they could just be trying to save face and lie about whether or not it was washed. I'm prepared to put them on social media blast, as many folks are expecting me to take delivery and see the mods/retrofits I have planned like I'm famous for on other brands.

Here's why this is a big deal. Late last year I took delivery of a brand new SQ5. I had major plans for the car and tens of thousands in Euro parts lying around. The car spent two months in service due to various issues. The car was "hand washed" multiple times during their custody (despite "NO WASH" being stamped everywhere) and looked 10 years old by the time I picked it up. I negotiated with the dealer and Audi to cover multiple stage paint correction. It took almost 24 hours to undo what their incompetence introduced. So great! Paint looked good. Then it had to go back. And was re-delivered to me in the same swirly condition. After the second round of correction, the paint burned and the car needed a respray. Audi bought it back. (And likely only because I was a senior manager for them, previously, and had Scott Keogh on speed dial.)

I do not want to go through this again. That's why I was clear. I would collect the car, install the Euro goodies with my tech friend at the shop, and then truck it to detailing for Ceramic Pro and PPF. Done.

Let's see what they say.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:56 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE

I don’t want to start an altercation with my comments. I want to help and share some advice which you may find useful.

You are a crazy lunatic. And I too am a crazy lunatic. I have a full-page printed sheet instructing the dealer NOT to apppy any product, apply any tire shine, don’t do this, don’t do that upon vehicle purchase. I’ve got printed sheets for various different scenarios having to do with my cars.

BUT: at the end of the day, these Mercedes dealers know how to do things pretty much only one way. The way they know how. They don’t cater to “special” people like us. This isn’t a specialty brand. It’s a mass produced brand.

I get mad when the dealer doesn’t follow my instructions. It really makes me wonder, “How hard is it to NOT do the things I ask you not to do? It’s less work.”

You're very wrong. Dealers have many ways to do the way the customer wants. Every customer for me is important and I do whatever customer tells me ( i prefer email for non-miscommunication) . This is an example of how i put notes in Nestar so everyone in the store knows what to and NOT do. My customer will get his car in 2 days not washed or detailed because he told me from the first day he ordered the car. How ca I ignore a simple request. like that? I can't, because is just common sense.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:59 PM

E63 S Wagon
Originally Posted by Wassaby
You're very wrong. Dealers have many ways to do the way the customer wants. Every customer for me is important and I do whatever customer tells me ( i prefer email for non-miscommunication) . This is an example of how i put notes in Nestar so everyone in the store knows what to and NOT do. My customer will get his car in 2 days not washed or detailed because he told me from the first day he ordered the car. How ca I ignore a simple request. like that? I can't, because is just common sense.

You're the kind of salesperson I want to work with in future. You might be ordering me a wagon.
The following users liked this post:
Wassaby (11-27-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby

Thanks for being a conscientious salesperson, but I’m not very wrong.

Maybe you work at a smaller dealer. Maybe you don’t. But at large dealers that have multiple buildings, salespeople cannot easily control what goes on at the other buildings. They neither have the time nor the managerial clout to do so with 100% success. The best they can do is tell everybody they know verbally and also send and establish written notices and continue to do so before their message becomes ignored due to perception of being annoying. My salesperson *and* my delivery representative did their best to avoid some things that were requested by me. But these large dealers have 7-8 cooks in the same kitchen, and that’s the problem.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:35 PM

E63 S Wagon

Thanks for being a conscientious salesperson, but I’m not very wrong.

Maybe you work at a smaller dealer. Maybe you don’t. But at large dealers that have multiple buildings, salespeople cannot easily control what goes on at the other buildings. They neither have the time nor the managerial clout to do so with 100% success. The best they can do is tell everybody they know verbally and also send and establish written notices and continue to do so before their message becomes ignored due to perception of being annoying. My salesperson *and* my delivery representative did their best to avoid some things that were requested by me. But these large dealers have 7-8 cooks in the same kitchen, and that’s the problem.

The answer is simple: if you can’t deliver on a promise, don’t. My store is a small store. They don’t have many wagon allocations. For one to show up should trigger someone saying “oh, that must be a customer order... let’s check” and they’d see the notes in NS saying to not even look at my car.

Worse, another tech already made a Facebook post using pics of my car as a kind of for sale advertisement. Dude. It’s mine. Not yours. I get to post it. Not you.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY19 Launch Schedule