Sponsored by:

How to Fix Scratch on Black Magno Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 08:03 PM

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
How to Fix Scratch on Black Magno Paint

Hi all, so I found a scratch on the left passenger door of my Edition 1 wagon. It's perpendicular and kind of a double S shape. It's not deep but still.....Does anyone know of a detailer who works with this paint in the So. Orange County area of CA that may be able to help with this? I hesitate to try anything except washing it as the clear coat seems to be rather difficult to work with without making it shiny and ruining the finish. Any suggestions or pointers are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:27 AM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by stratman
Hi all, so I found a scratch on the left passenger door of my Edition 1 wagon. It's perpendicular and kind of a double S shape. It's not deep but still.....Does anyone know of a detailer who works with this paint in the So. Orange County area of CA that may be able to help with this? I hesitate to try anything except washing it as the clear coat seems to be rather difficult to work with without making it shiny and ruining the finish. Any suggestions or pointers are greatly appreciated.
Forgive if this sounds smart or crass but there is no repairing scratches with matte or Magno paint, you have to repaint the entire panel for any blemishes or repairs. Methods of scratch removal/repair by their nature ruin matte paint.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:38 PM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
I would contact Dr Beasley's and see what they have to say...also, didn't Vic55 go through something similar recently on his ED1?
Old 09-25-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Carac
Forgive if this sounds smart or crass but there is no repairing scratches with matte or Magno paint, you have to repaint the entire panel for any blemishes or repairs. Methods of scratch removal/repair by their nature ruin matte paint.
HI Carac,
You do not sound crass (not sure if you meant smart a** or not but not that either) as this is what I read also. Just hoping that some new material or technique has come along that I'm not aware of. Anyway, it's a shame that our fellow man has to damage others possessions like this for no other reason than jealousy or whatever.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by pbaylog
I would contact Dr Beasley's and see what they have to say...also, didn't Vic55 go through something similar recently on his ED1?
I actually did and ordered a kit from them. What's weird is that the scratch is smooth when I run my finger across it. The paint isn't broken but I think maybe just the clear coat is damaged. I believe that Vic55 had an issue where his detailer used something that put a shine on one of the panels of his ED 1 sedan so this is a bit different. Anyway thanks for your response.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:47 PM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
I can relate...

Anyway, it's a shame that our fellow man has to damage others possessions like this for no other reason than jealousy or whatever.

My new company car was keyed last week between 6:00 am and 8:00 am in my office building parking garage. What kind of turd shows up for work and decides to key a car to start their week? - unreal. Had it been my AMG, I would have come unglued. So now, I make sure to park in an isolated spot where I can keep an eye on it from my office window...

Old 09-25-2018, 08:37 PM

Anyway, it's a shame that our fellow man has to damage others possessions like this for no other reason than jealousy or whatever.

My new company car was keyed last week between 6:00 am and 8:00 am in my office building parking garage. What kind of turd shows up for work and decides to key a car to start their week? - unreal. Had it been my AMG, I would have come unglued. So now, I make sure to park in an isolated spot where I can keep an eye on it from my office window...

That is a nice w204 coupe. Is it a 507? Doesn't really matter because it is a fine machine. I guess boneheads abound and they don't understand what hard work really means. It's not having three min wage jobs but getting training or a college degree while working maybe a low wage job to attain the next level. That's what I did.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
so i had a shine, and it was relatively fixed via this Dr Beasley product... scratches are going to be tough as you dont have the ability to polish and cut via paint correction to repair. I think this is probably your only shot and while it may not fix it; you might see some improvement. And in reality you should have this always in your garage if you own a matte car. Its arguably the best daily detailing product Ive used on 3 of my matte cars.

https://www.drbeasleys.com/matte-paint-cleanser.html

Edit: just saw you got the kit and I think this product comes with.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0

****ing *******s. i never get it how one gets frustrated towards others. i get frustrate of myself and if i see someone succeed in life I will try my best to get there also. Always look up, never to the bottom or over the shoulder.

regarding the issue the OP has, i don't believe there is any solution to matte paints other than a new panel paint. some say that this is just as harder to keep as normal paint but i disagree, simply because the probability of having your car keyed or simply have a ding on your doors is huge, given the lack of respect to other's people property and the envy that is running wild everywhere.

With a matte paint I would definitely put a clear bra on it without hesitation. it is not bullet proof but gives some peace of mind. i will put one on mine even having normal paint.

Last edited by tonecas; 09-25-2018 at 10:19 PM.