Sponsored by:

932 miles!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 10:17 PM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
932 miles!

So today I finally hit 932 miles. The break in recommendations are to wait for 1,000 miles or 1,500 km. Well the latter translates to 932 miles and I decided to go with that number lol!

So so I had just got to town after driving from another city, and was too tired to go for a back country road but for kicks I flicked to sport which woke up the car tremendously. I then tried sport plus, and found it best to drive it in manual since it tended to hold the gears too long, for slowish city driving. My goodness this is the car I was hoping I bought. I no where near spanked it, and driving on crappy city roads on winter rubber up to 55 mph so nothing too crazy but it is an animal. Comfort mode definitely feels more lethargic, and weighted compared to these other modes. It even sounds better driving in sport/sport + despite me having the active exhaust turned on all the time while in comfort.

Having never test driven this generation prior to buying, I had some expectations but 932 miles in comfort and at < 4,500 rpms probably got me a little... I don’t know, used to the neutered version of the car.

Anywho, I can’t wait to get a chance to open it up a little more. I am not dissappointed with my purchase one bit!

Cheers and hope everybody had a great weekend.
The following users liked this post:
24Hours (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 09:16 PM

Received 158 Likes on 105 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
We got about 1,200mi on the '18 we had in the FD last year and I remember the huge difference the Sport+ dynamics and sounds were over Comfort. Definitely the car you intended to get! Patiently going through break-in again is definitely tough.

Enjoy in good health.