Sponsored by:

Exhaust sound clips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 E63 AMG
Exhaust sound clips

I have a 19 E63 with the performance exhaust. Does anybody have first hand experience with what kind of sound change would occur (if any) with deleting the rear mufflers? I don't imagine the exhaust getting much louder than when the valves are open. I've only been able to find one video of the car with no mufflers, and that was just disconnected exhaust in the middle, underneath, of the car. It would sound very different having exhaust all the way out the back with no mufflers. I'm just looking to make the car a touch louder in both exhaust modes.

Thanks,

Tad
Old 09-30-2019, 06:03 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
Originally Posted by TadGeiger
what kind of sound change would occur (if any) with deleting the rear mufflers?
on a 120k+$ car
Old 12-07-2021, 08:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by TadGeiger
I have a 19 E63 with the performance exhaust. Does anybody have first hand experience with what kind of sound change would occur (if any) with deleting the rear mufflers? I don't imagine the exhaust getting much louder than when the valves are open. I've only been able to find one video of the car with no mufflers, and that was just disconnected exhaust in the middle, underneath, of the car. It would sound very different having exhaust all the way out the back with no mufflers. I'm just looking to make the car a touch louder in both exhaust modes.

Thanks,

Tad
it is surprising louder than with the valves open. I started with a muffler delete, then added down pipes = crazy loud, then added Vibrant Ultra Quiet muffler, loud but I like a little loud, but lots of drone, added resonators and now I believe perfect. I have a sound clip on another post.