custom intake manifold for port injection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan
custom intake manifold for port injection

since our cars need more than just upgraded fuel pumps to benefit from e85 (i'm not really sure what else they need but i'm told even the best of the fuel pump replacements only add 20-25% more flow which is apparently not enough to run e85), i'm told a custom intake manifold would needed to feed even more fuel into the cylinder.

this is the current offering for BMW. i wonder why nobody has designed one yet for our cars. seems like a potentially good business idea (at a small scale) with at least 10-50 people most likely interested in this.

you'd need two different versions for m177 (c63s/amg gt have different intake manifolds than e63s) and it would be a ***** to install because it is underneath the engine (which would need to come out) due to the hot-v setup.

however, if we could get a piece CAD'd and a limited run cast / machined, i wonder if that would unlock more tuning potential on these cars

i'm told you can't do a spacer design (like the bmw s55 offering) because the engine is 12mm from the framerail and there is no space for it
The following users liked this post:
Slugsy (10-27-2019)